I think I'm 5 days after ovulation but felt pregnant right away during my cycle

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2012, 12:14 AM
Regular
I'm not q big poster so all the acronyms get confusing. Start of last cycle was oct 19 and my fertile period was oct 28-oct 30. Hubby and I dtd oct 28 and he looked at me and said "you're pregnant" ...last time we got preggers with my daughter, I knew right away, although my only symptoms were being out of breath during my work outs.

This time I feel a constantly pulling and tugging in my uterus (although today that was a bit less). I feel bloated and like I've gained weight. I'm starving all the time and hungry for things I don't usually want...like jalapeños. A couple of times the smell of things seems overly strong, I've been very tired, the slightest things make me cry and then I'm very happy. I still feel good during exercise, although my stomach does feel different. I'm yawning all the time. And I'm constantly thirsty.

I told my husband that if I'm not preggers than something is seriously wrong with me because I don't feel myself. He asked if I wanted to go see a doctor, and I said no, let's wait. I don't feel sick, I just feel very odd. And he said, well what does it feel like, and I said, like I'm pregnant...but then I feel crazy because I know, if I am pregnant the baby is like the size of a pea and I couldnt possibly feel anything.

Anyway, I've found the forum a great way to pass the time and don't like how people post and then disappear...I will post one way or the other to hopefully help somebody else to pass their time...so please don't reply unless you are committed to the same
November 3rd, 2012, 04:49 AM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
I feel preg already too! Its like crazy..so im in the same boat I justvwant to know sooo bad its drivin me nuts already lol keep our fingers crossed!
November 3rd, 2012, 05:14 AM
Pink or blue we welcome u
Vmami.... we are all in the same boat! I feel preggers too! I just want to know if I am pregnant, like, YESTERDAY! lol! So hard to pass the time!

Good luck to you and Faith, keep us updated!

Btw when are you two testing?
November 3rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
that is a lot of symptoms to be feeling at only 5DPO - not saying it's in your head, but you may just be super excited so you're noticing more. I was like that right before I got my BFP ...every ache, twinge, headache, stomachache, etc. I contributed to being pregnant ... and then I got my BFP at 10DPO.

Good Luck

Let us know when you test!
Vmami likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

November 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
i'm going through the exact same thing too! I am really thirsty, and I can feel a weird cramping (like a tugging) that's very different from a period kind of cramping and I just feel like I could be pregnant. The only thing is, I'm not sure if I calculated my next period correctly? The last time I got my period was September 26th? I usually get my period near the end of the month. I tested 2 days ago and it was a negative. I just feel that tugging feeling though and i've been so tired lately. I hope I'm pregnant though..just confusing with all these signs and no period in sight and no BFP yet.
November 3rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
purvis_diana's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to purvis_diana Send a message via Skype™ to purvis_diana
I know what you mean. I did an insemination and my partner told me she got "vibs" that it worked. I have had heartburn since the insem and it was weird. thinking I might be tripping myself out...

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!
November 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Fran..im testing on tuesday unless I find where my fiance hid the tests haha im terrible! when are u testing?
November 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Regular
Thanks guys . We had JUST decided to try so I honestly didn't think it would work like that this time - I mean what are the odds? When we got pregnant with my daughter last time it happened the very month we started to "try" ... but both times I had been tracking my period and knew my fertile days and I had also been taking folic acid and exercising - trying to make a happy baby place in case we decided to try.

I woke up this morning thinking I was crazy - I didn't feel any different - not like the other days. I exercised as usual. Ate breakfast (although I was still hungry after eating breakfast - I eat the same thing every day - and usually am happily satisfied). Also, I normally drink coffee every morning like clockwork but the idea of it sounds disgusting.

About an hour ago I started to feel nauseous - I still feel that way - and I'm starving - but it IS lunch time (love this back and forth game .... I'm feeling nauseous - yeah, I'm pregnant and then but it's lunch time and maybe I'm just hungry, boo I'm not). But this is not hungry nausea. Seriously, if I'm not pregnant, than something is seriously wrong with me ... if I felt normal, I would just assume that we hadn't gotten pregnant this cycle and would try again next time.

Husband wants me to test and we bought a few tests last night but I don't want to - I think it will just turn out negative because it's too early and then I will REALLY feel crazy because something IS happening in my body - whether it's the flu or a tumor or whatever . I think I'm going to try to wait until at least Tuesday and do my best to put it off as close to my period as possible. I'm not suppose to have it until Nov 15 ... so really the EARLIEST I think I should try is Nov 12th.

I'm crossing my fingers and sprinkling baby dust on the rest of you - please do post and let me know what happens - and I promise to do the same, even if it's a frowny face .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandmmama09 View Post
The last time I got my period was September 26th? I usually get my period near the end of the month. I tested 2 days ago and it was a negative. I just feel that tugging feeling though and i've been so tired lately. I hope I'm pregnant though..just confusing with all these signs and no period in sight and no BFP yet.
If that was me, I would go see a doctor and get a blood test -- even if your period came September 30th, you should still have had a period last month!
Faith=2xBlessed likes this.
November 3rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Regular
Went to dinner and when i came home, had a small amount of blood. It can't be my period...I'm only on day 16... The shortest my period has ever been has been 23 days. Feel extremely tired...am now a bit worried because I don't remember this happening before!
November 3rd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Veteran
That blood could be implantation bleeding! Every pregnancy is different so even though it didn't happen during your last pregnancy that doesn't mean it can't happen in a subsequent pregnancy. That early spotting combined with all your symptoms sounds perfect for getting a ! GL and KUP

Also, if that is implantation bleeding, you should be able to test in a few days and get a positive.
jam121184 likes this.
November 4th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Regular
Thank you rm. I took a test this morning after dh urging and my SIL telling me that maybe I'm further along then I think and thats why I'm having all these symptoms although I have been tracking my AF for months and am pretty positive when I'm fertile (although have no real clue as tom when I ovulate ). Anyway, BFN which doesn't surprise me in the least.

Today I'm absolutely exhausted, a bit nauseaous and crazy hungry even though we had a big breakfast. But maybe it's all in my head and imhave the flu or something else. Will keep you updated...you keep me updated as well. This week am going to try to not test, even if dh urges me to because nothing hate feeling like I am, thinking I am and the test says, nah, you just crazy". ... I can tell myself I'm crazy without the test
November 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Regular
Well, no real "symptoms" today other than I felt hot when normally the temperature in our room is cool,and I sometimes feel a bit out of breath. But maybe it's just normal hormonal stuff. Oh, and I'm starving practically all the time which is annoying.

I had thought about testing tomorrow but I'm going to try to wait as long as I can. . I had been losing weight before all is started and using things like splenda, etc but now I'm using real everything (i was using reduced fat cheese too) and was on a high protein, high veggies, no fruit at all diet...so since I've been feeling weird, I've gone off of it and have gained about a kilo. My point is, if I'm preggers that's fine, I'll live with it and adjust ...but if I'm not preggers, I've psyched myself into I am AND gained weight in the process and gaaaaaaaaaa this is driving me nuts!!!
November 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
All those symptoms sound very promising! We are somewhat similar. My last cycle was Oct. 22. So i pretty much just started the 2WW. Is it weird to hope i have symptoms as early as yours?
November 6th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I feel like I should have a bfp by now n I dont ..and its making me sooo frustrated..i feel so pregnant..ahh this suckssss!...oh and ya im gaining weight ive been eating bagels like its nobodys business

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

Relactating mama since march 13th 2014..don't ever stop something you
November 6th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Do not get discouraged by BFN.. some women get early BFP at 8DPO (I always do) and some women are known for not getting them until 12DPO or later. It isn't ever over until AF shows her ugly face! Best of luck to all the ladies in this thread hoping to see their BFP this month!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

November 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Regular
Aww, thanks RebelMommy. I just decided I must just be crazy and I'm just getting fat for no reason. I took another test today and again a BFN - honestly, I know it's too early - but the test was just sitting there saying "take me, take me." I swear that's how it happened - lol .

So, no more tests ... and I've decided I'm not pregnant, just fat ... so I'm going back on my diet and sticking to my exercise routine and until I see a BFP that's how it will be. I'm not testing again until day of AF - unless I feel very sickly and nauseous 3 days out (lol) ... then I may be persuaded to try again .... which means Nov 12th. SIX DAYS AWAY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith231 View Post
I feel like I should have a bfp by now n I dont ..and its making me sooo frustrated..i feel so pregnant..ahh this suckssss!...oh and ya im gaining weight ive been eating bagels like its nobodys business
Not that I want you to gain weight but *sigh of relief* that I'm not the only one!! This had better be for something, you horrible kilos you!! GAAAA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaringphoenix View Post
All those symptoms sound very promising! We are somewhat similar. My last cycle was Oct. 22. So i pretty much just started the 2WW. Is it weird to hope i have symptoms as early as yours?
I can understand why you would want symptoms but trust me, symptoms this early just make one feel like you are making it up and are completely crazy. I liked it better last time when I thought I may be pregnant but since my body was acting as normal (in fact, last time I was losing weight weeks up until I found out I was pregnant), I could go about my daily business and wasn't tempted to test at all until the day of my AF . This time, however ... *sigh*......
November 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Your a stronger woman than I am.. I admit to starting my testing at 5DPO and testing everyday, sometimes even twice or more a day (even after I got my BFP) until I was a week late.. yes I took alot of them!!
purvis_diana likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

November 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelmommy View Post
Your a stronger woman than I am.. I admit to starting my testing at 5DPO and testing everyday, sometimes even twice or more a day (even after I got my BFP) until I was a week late.. yes I took alot of them!!
Honestly, not that strong , just the disappoint of a big fat NO is too much for me to handle ... I would rather go on with my day thinking that what I'm feeling is stress related, rather than hope for something that turns out not to be true ... in a way, I guess I'm a bit weak .

If I didn't feel so crummy, I would have had no problem going on with my day as usual. If I didn't think I may be pregnant, I would have gone to see a doctor by now ... lol.....
November 7th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Regular
So, started the day like normal...just felt fat and I SWEAR my stomach feels heavy and in the way. I'm exactly 10 kilos heavier right now than I was when I got pregnant with my daughter (gained about 35 kilos when I was pregnant) so every kilo I really feel it. If I didn't think I could be preggers I would be switching to high exercise, watching every morsel that passes my lips mode. But, then, this evening the nausea returns and feel very nauseous as I type.

Gaaaaaaaaa....I HATE this! I want to know right now ....Grrrrr......
November 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Regular
Broke down and tested. Not going to bore everyone with a photo of a BFN. Should be BGN (big gigantic no..hardy har har). I have a sinking suspicion I'm out which sucks...I was so excited with how I was feeling (albeit somewhat surprised I was feeling that way so early). Now nothing to do but wait for the AF (due nov 15) going back on my diet Monday. Very sad

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search