Physically Unable to Carry Baby and LATE! Help!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ~*Kudzu*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I am a 23 year old female who has recently undergone abdominal surgery in September. The surgery brought on a period on September 4th and I menstrated again October 5th and November 6th. While my period usually comes within a few days of itself, I have been long known to be irregular. Most frequently, I was 10 days late in August.

It is now December 13th and I was expecting a period around the 7th or 8th. I have taken two EPT tests (One on the morning of the 9th and one the 13th) and both have come up negative but still no period.

My very fearful alarm comes from the fact that due to my surgery, I am not able to carry a baby until my incision scar is more fully healed. If I were to be pregnant, it would have to be terminated and I am very scared that the EPTs are not picking up that I am pregnant and I am wasting valuable time.

I am psyching myself out very badly. I have been under large amounts of stress the past few months due to my surgery and current diagnosis of Chron's Disease but still had periods in a timely fashion the months before.

I usually break out before my period and my skin is rather clear at the moment. I also usally expierince yeast infection like sypomtoms in my lady parts and am not itchy at all.

Should I keep testing at home? Perhaps with another brand? I've heard stories of women testing for weeks and getting negatives and stil being preggo, I do not have health insurence, but my S/O and I would be able to get a blood test if need be. I just need to know for sure so I can take timely steps of action!
December 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
use a Answer or First Response test. You could call doctors office and go in for a Beta blood test.

December 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
thank you! i have been thinking of getting a blood test just to know for sure.
December 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I agree. I would go in for blood work. When I was pregnant with my daughter I went to an urgent care and told them I was going on vacation the next day and I NEEDED to know for sure if I was pregnant and they tested my blood and got my results in about 30 min. FYI...i was not going on vacation...just anxious...haha

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
December 13th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Can blood tests be incorrect? I've done way too much internet reading and have heard that some women even tested negative with blood work and were pregnant.
December 13th, 2012, 01:46 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
Your doc can tell you for certain... But by the time a baby is large enough to start putting pressure on your abdomen by increasing the size of your uterus your incision will have had months to heal. Don't start to stress about until someone with "makes decisions" (MD) behind their name tells you to. For now... Stay calm and test with a good HPT like answer or FRER. GL and I hope you get the outcome you want.
keekopeeko and LauraTTCat42 like this.

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
December 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM
MeUrquhart's Avatar Member
You said that you are under a lot of stress because of all the things going on. That can make you late. Even if you are usually regular, it can throw a month off.
December 13th, 2012, 03:28 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would also say don't worry about having to possibly terminte... By the time the baby put any pressure on you , you'll be all healed up

December 13th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Gorjess
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmanic View Post
Can blood tests be incorrect? I've done way too much internet reading and have heard that some women even tested negative with blood work and were pregnant.

I had a blood test done when my period was 5 days late and it said I wasn't pregnant. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant. So in my experience the blood test was wrong.

December 13th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Veteran
not sure if hcg doesnt show in blood sometime but i do know that there are a lot of lab errors out there and lab techs can screw things up with blood tests.

Tags
late , negative , surgery

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search