Needing Help about Risk of Pregnancy

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By bella88
  • 2 Post By bella88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Dear members,

I have a question about pregnancy risk. (Please excuse the graphic nature of my examples,) but please, I need to know from the educated perspectives of people here. I am deeply concern.

I just finished my period and recently gave my boyfriend a blow job where I tasted he had some precum; he being wet with my saliva and what I assume to be some precum, immediately placed on a condom and then rub on water-based lubed without washing his hands. We had intercourse for about two minutes, but he did not ejaculate. One hour after, I gone to the store and got spermicide foam to insert into myself out of worry.

I am worried that perhaps some of his precum mixed with my saliva got into his hands while putting on the condom, then rubbing lube on it before insertion. Could you please give advice if I am at risk for pregnancy after this? If so, what is the percent of chance?

I give my thanks to any advice provided. I wonder if I am unreasonably concern.
January 6th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Beautiful Life!
Anything's possible I suppose. The likeliness would be so absolutely small that I wouldn't worry. If your period doesn't come on time, I would test but I think it's likely that you're not pregnant from this experience. GL!

January 6th, 2013, 07:04 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto^. The chances seem pretty low, sperm can only survive at a certain pH. They have to have the right environment and it doesn't sound like that was. But like the previous person said if you miss your period take a test. Good luck!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

January 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I agree,chances are slim.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

January 6th, 2013, 11:20 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say a very small chance.

January 6th, 2013, 11:39 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe like .0000000000001% chance if that? There's generally only sperm in precum if he has ejaculated previously that day and not gone to pee or anything since then. Saliva is pretty good at killing off sperm, not to mention that plus the being out on the open air before being most likely under the condom, the lube being used which is good at killing sperm as well, that he did not ejaculate during sex and then the spermicidal stuff after. I think the only way to be safer than that is if you were sitting on opposite couches . In the scheme of things, with the spermicide I don't think it would make much difference at that point in a scenario where he had already ejaculated inside you properly as the sperm would already be long gone on their journey but I am pretty darn certain that there were going to be no sperm to kill in your situation. I don't spell it out like this because I think you are stupid or can't understand or something (don't want you to think that!), I say it to try and help reassure you that you are fine and the spelling it out can help you see again for yourself all the steps that you already know you took and how they point to all is well . Lol if you somehow manage to get pregnant after all that then it is for sure a miracle baby!! Also you should buy a lottery ticket . Good luck and try not to stress and I'm sure AF will arrive right on time

January 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I just finished reading all the comments, thank you all so much for them. It gives me alot less stress. I was unaware about the proper pH balance needed for sperm to survive. I am somewhat embarrassed to share this even with my anonymous indenty, and I am thankful you ladies are that open to sharing such advice.

To Ms. Bella, I am very thankful for your explanation, I strongly appreciate the sequence of how you put things and any extra information. I'm not offended whatsoever, and it helped me get a better view in the sequence of the matter so that I may reflect on and remember.

I do have two questions, my first is about the lubed used. It was a water-based glycerin and paraben free lube. Does that type of lube do less harm to sperm then lube that contains glycerin and paraben?

My other question is about sperm life span in an inappropriate pH balanced environment. The time between the oral activity from start to finish and insertion of condom I explained in my first post was about two and half minutes, would that give enough time for whatever number of spermatozoa to be harmed or die with that enviorement?

I assume this info will be helpful to me when the time comes I am ready to have children. Thank you so much for your time and helping me see more reasonably.

Last edited by Bettyrose37; January 7th, 2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Typos and edit paragraph for clarity.
January 7th, 2013, 01:25 PM
There's no reason to feel embarassed! I basically knew nothing about pretty much nothing about any of this kind of stuff until I came onto this board a few years ago. These wonderful ladies on JM have taught me a lot . I'm glad I didn't come across in a negative way, I sometimes worry about the interpretation of text and I'm happy to hear I didn't offend! I'm not sure exactly of the exact difference but generally they are all pretty suck for sperm. While it is not exactly spermicidal specifically, the actual makeup of normal lubricant is not a good environment for sperm and even if they don't die straight away they can't really swim in it. The presence of the lube can also cause damage to the DNA of the sperm as well as outright kill it. You might have seen this page already but I thought I would give you a link anyways: Sperm Friendly Lubricants - Are Personal Lubricants Like Astroglide and KY Jelly Sperm Friendly? They have special lubes out for couples who are trying to have a baby that is specifically designed to not be as harmful to sperm and to allow them to be able to swim more properly in it.
One of the best docos I saw is called The Great Sperm Race. It's about an hour long and details just what a sperma has to do to fertilise an egg. It's hilarious too, it is scaled up to human size so that you can see what it would be like if we were a sperm lol. The full length doco is on Youtube, it's a great watch! I learnt loads just from watching that. Honestly even in the most ideal environment during a conception scenario most of the sperm are dead in just a few minutes and that's when they are inside you when you are fertile. Never mind in the open air surrounded by materials that are harmful and viscous . I'm far from an expert but I'd think it would be pretty safe to say if any sperm managed to be present then they would be all gone pretty quickly. I really hope I have been able to help you! Please don't feel ashamed to ask any questions on here, I bet there are going to be lots of people somewhere wondering nearly exactly the same thing.

Lol post quick reply my butt, that was hardly quick XD I can post the link to the youtube doco if you want too
katydae88 and Nikki0770 like this.

January 10th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Hi Ms. Bella, thank you for the information. I often worry how people will interpret my writing too, so I can relate to what you mean. You've helped me tons, and I feel a lot more peace of mind even while I am a worry-wart lol. Not only have you helped tons, but you also seem to me to be a great person to talk to in real-life too. It feels good to have a better understanding of how the biological aspect of all this works. Thank you for sharing about all that you've learned and you could post the video if you find it easy to find again. I will remember to recommend this forum to other women if they have interest in having children and have any concerns or questions.

Last edited by Bettyrose37; January 10th, 2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Typos mistakes.
January 10th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks for that It's really nice of you to say! Glad I came across as I intended to. Hehe it's pretty easy for me to find, I have it saved lol
The Great Sperm Race - YouTube
Hope you enjoy it, it's a great watch even if not TTC! I'm also glad I helped you feel a bit more at ease.

Tags
precum , pregnancy , risk

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search