Need some advice - 13DPO Beta Question

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone, I'm 14DPO and yesterday I had a negative beta. I found out this week that I'm diabetic and it isn't well controlled. On Monday my doctor will probably start me on some new medication. My question is this: Is a beta taken 13DPO always accurate? I just want to be 100% sure I'm not pregnant before I start taking any new medication. Plus even though I know it is for the best if I'm not pregnant right now, it still makes me really sad. Thanks in advance for any advice.
January 11th, 2013, 08:13 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry, what is a BETA? Is that a blood test?

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
January 11th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Yes, a beta is a blood tes. It test for the amount of hcg in your blood. Here is a short article on one: What Is a Beta Pregnancy Test?
January 11th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
If you are sure that's how many dpo you are then I would say yes.In my experience I always had a positive beta at that point when pregnant.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

January 11th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to megs_babe1986
For about 13 dpo but the meds wouldn't hurt you or the baby. If you start on metformin then it will help you get pregnant. The drs would give it to pcos patience to help them ovulate and it is safe. It help with my blood sugars.

January 11th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I had an ovidrel shot on 12/26 at 9 p.m. so either it didn't work and I didn't ovulate or I ovulated on 12/28.

I'm already on metformin since I have PCOS. That is all I needed to take to conceive DS. I was a lot younger than and weighed less too.

I really don't think there is much of a chance that I'm pregnant but I just wanted to make sure there was no chance before I start new medication. One of the meds I was thinking of is a class C so I couldn't take it if I was pregnant. I never had a beta with DS so I have no idea what my levels where with him. I do know that I took FRER 15DPO and it was a very faint positive. You didn't have to squint to see it so it was for sure but still very faint. It just makes me think that maybe I don't produce much HCG early on in pregnancy. Okay, sorry for rambling. I'll stop now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search