Confused and seeking experienced input

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Good evening! I am in a serious state of confusion right now and figure that anyone who has been down this road, may have some advice, tips, concerns, etc. I'll start with a little bit of background information. My name is Kelsey and back in September, I found out I was 10 weeks pregnant. This was a total surprise. I had noticed something wasn't right after attending a football game where drinking a beer wasn't an option(felt sick) and couldn't even manage to stand during the game, on top of the Texas heat. I was exhausted and sick. I went on to have the WORST morning sickness every day around noon, but only lasted for 2 more weeks because I ended up having a m/c. My period came back October 23rd and again on December 3rd. It is now February 6th and no AF or any sign of it coming, either. All 3 hpts came back negative (then again so did the hpts last pg too). I went and had an ultrasound done yesterday after feeling sick the past few days. My dr. didn't see a baby, but said my uterus lining was very thick meaning 1 of 2 things- either AF is about to come or I'm too early to see a baby. So, he then had me do a blood test, but it came back negative, too. He told me if i don't see AF by this weekend, to call him on Monday and he was going to "jump start" my period. I am not all that comfortable with this idea, so any suggestions or advice would be wonderful. Needless to say, if any of you wonderful ladies have any advice, concerns or tips, please let me know. I just don't understand why AF would suddenly disappear. I have NEVER missed AF except for my previous preg. So frustrating. Thanks in advance!!! <3
February 6th, 2013, 10:32 PM
hopingfor2bri's Avatar Super Mommy
Firstly, I am so sorry for your loss. All losses are heartbreaking whether the pg was a surprise or not and I have dealt with them myself and gone through them with my many dear friends who are in my ttc for over a year group. It is extremely common to have wacky cycles after a loss especially a loss after 10weeks. Some peoples bodies go back to normal right away but I'd say from what I've read and seen what you are experiencing is pretty typical post mc. And frankly I'm surprised the dr didn't tell you this. Some women will even have a period or two after and the stop having them for a few cycles, some will have very long bleeding episodes and others will have a lot os spotting. What is your hesitation with inducing af? I ask this simply because it is very common in situations like yours and will help to regulate your cycle. It is generally done with a progesterone based drug called provera. This will help yoir body to start ovulating again and shed that thick lining. It is likely that you haven't been ovulating and therefore the lining continues to build bc of the estrogen production but without ovulation the progesterone which induces the shedding of the lining isn't happening and therefore no period. I am vy sorry you are going through this but in my opinion which is not medical and solely based on experience you are going through a normal post mc hormone irregularity,etc. And inducing a period would be the first step in correcting the problem. I hope this helps and feel free to pm me if you have any other questions. Again so sorry for your loss hugs
Brianna- Mommy to DS, Brayden Chase 09/01/06 TTC#2

February 7th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Hi there. I am so sorry that you have had to go through such an unfortunate loss and rollercoaster ride.

I do agree with the post above me. Unfortunately having a miscarriage can make your cycles sporadic for a while.

Hopefully in a few days you'll get some clear cut answers as to what's going on right now.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

February 7th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Thank you both for your sweet replies. I am hesitant on jump starting my menstrual cycle because of all the things I've read online. Of course things tend to be blown out of proportion at times, but I had read multiple stories of women who had jump started their cycles with Provera only to find out weeks down the line that they were pg. Also, I had read about many symptoms that can come along with taking these pills. Yes I know that everyones body is different, but I guess it boils down to the fact that I'm just unsure about it all.
February 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I assume that you are hesitant because you think you might be pregnant? So, again, assuming that you could be? If you are hesitant because of this reason, ask your doc for another blood test before he jump starts with Provera.

I am so sorry for your loss, no one should ever have to go through one!

February 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
humnck,
Thank you very much for your input.
-KO_4
February 7th, 2013, 09:12 PM
hopingfor2bri's Avatar Super Mommy
Remember that people are much more likely to post something if they had a bad experience and I know tons of women who have to use provera on a regular basis that's more when it can become an issue. I would imagine since you were regular prior to the mc one round would put you back in action so to speak. There are some side effects mostly just enhanced pms symptoms but if the end result is getting your cycle regulated it may be worth it and Dr's generally won't use it unless pregnancy is completely ruled out. I'd recommend googling provera success stories and talking with your dr. I hope everything works out for you. Btw provera is better than the alternative which can often be birth control :/ hth goodluck
Brianna- Mommy to DS, Brayden Chase 09/01/06 TTC#2

February 12th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Just thought I would give y'all an update. Last Friday, February 8th, I had been experiencing cramps, pains, and unpleasant feelings. As the day went on, they kept getting worse and worse. I thought, "maybe I am about to see AF," but have NEVER felt this bad prior to AF. My SO started worrying b/c he had never seen me complain about my pain like I had been doing so. I managed to eat some dinner, take a bath and went to bed. During the night, he woke me up and was concerned because I had started bleeding (not sure how he noticed it, but glad he did.) I thought, "OK, AF has finally come," and went and put a pad on and went back to bed. In the morning, I had completely soaked through that one, which is abnormal for me, but I just thought perhaps it was a heavier flow. As Saturday afternoon approached, it was only getting worse- the pain and the flow. I noticed that at one point when I used the bathroom that a few heavy clots came out. After calling a doctor, they advised me to go to the ER and sure enough, I had had a m/c. So, the moral is that not all tests come back positive when they should. I wish you all the best of luck and lots of baby dust being sent y'alls ways!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search