Did the Leap Year Bug follow me into 2013?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nearly every fertile female I know personally, with the except of two of my friends, found themselves either pregnant or giving birth or both last year. I thought I escaped. I wasn't actually preventing but I wasn't trying either. We've gone two years without incident but now I'm feeling different.

I have two children, ages 16yrs and 13yrs. Both times I was pregnant, I was essentially symptomless. With my first, I caught a cold, woke up often to urinate, and couldn't stand the taste of chocolate all before I missed my period. Afterwards, I hated the smell of chicken frying. Didn't take a pregnancy test until Feb. I didn't experience any other body changes.

With my second, again, essentially symptomless. I missed my December period, became ravenous, craving fried chicken. I tested in January when I realized I missed my period. Positive showed up midstream.

A third time I was pregnant in 2005, which resulted in a chemical, again, no symptoms. I have no idea why I tested in the first place and only got faint positives until AF showed up on time.

That brings me to now: Over the course of the last 12 months (I track on mymonthlycycles.com), I have only gone to CD 31 once. Every other time has been between 25 and 29. My O usually falls between CD 14 & 16. My average is CD 27. We DTD at least once every weekend in January. My LMP was on January 13th and I'm on CD 31 with no sign of AF. What I do have are symptoms that snagged my attention. I haven't noticed my usual sign of increased urination as I wake up one to two times on a regular now at night.
1) AF was due either 2/9 or 2/10.
2) My nipples have been hurting since either Wednesday or Thursday. Usually my breasts hurt for a few days before my period.
3) The sensitivity to smells has sharpened again. My son fried something dinner last night and I wanted to vomit.
4) Speaking of vomiting, I've felt nauseous since this weekend.
5) I've had some pretty crazy dreams including one where I didn't know if I was pregnant or not. I'd have a belly then I didn't then I'd have one again.
6) I had the weird breakout on my chest almost as soon as my period ended. Normally, I only get one the week before AF as a warning.
7) Food is taking a while to digest.
8) I sleep like the dead-- have been late to work every day over the past week.
9) I no longer feel sexually interested (I usually have a very high libido).
10) I cramped a lot pretty soon after my LMP and it continued for days (DTD on the last day) however the cramping stopped about a week ago.
11) I've been unusually calm for the past week. My youngest does yelling worthy things and I just give him a stern talk b/c I don't feel up to yelling.

Despite these "symptoms", I've gotten the BFN on ICs for the past couple of days. However, on two of the tests, I may have hallucinated a second line.

I wouldn't be thrilled to be pregnant but I wouldn't be upset either. This has just been one strange cycle. What do y'all think?
February 15th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Give it a couple more days and test again. You should know if they were hallucinations by then.

baby dust ish for you?! ha.
February 15th, 2013, 07:13 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Definitely could have been too early to show a positive if this month you had a oddball cycle that delayed O.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search