Increased Appetite at 5-7dpo?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jadeunicorn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still not exactly sure when I Oed, but I think I'm somewhere 5-7dpo. Since last night, my appetite has jumped up! I keep thinking it's far too early for such a sign to show itself if it's a pregnancy symptom. But when hubbie woke up at 4:30, my stomach made itself known, and usually I just use the bathroom and go back to bed without feeling that hungry. Dinner the night before was a bowl of spaghetti (wheat noodles), half a bowl of buttered noodles, 1/2 cup of cauliflower, 1 slice of texas toast, and a mini red velvet cupcake. Then I had 2 chocolate covered strawberries around 9pm. How could I be so ravenous at 4:30am!?

Today I have had a bowl of cereal with a little banana, a bowl of spaghetti, 1 slice of texas toast (and I didn't eat breakfast until 9:30), and I am starving again! Guess I should raid the fridge before my stomach rebels.

Could this be an early sign? I seriously don't remember any from when I was pregnant with my daughter, and I don't think this is a usual PMS symptom, at least not this extreme.

February 14th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have a good answer for you because I am in the same boat that you are in. I am between 5-7dpo and starving hungry all the time. I can't shut myself off to stop eating.

February 14th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutenurse24 View Post
I don't have a good answer for you because I am in the same boat that you are in. I am between 5-7dpo and starving hungry all the time. I can't shut myself off to stop eating.
At least I'm not the only one! Let's hope it's a good sign for the both of us.
cutenurse24 likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 04:52 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
With my son I didnt get the hunger symptom till like 10ish weeks.

February 14th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
All I know is that was a cue to me that something was going on, I was like 6wks preggo with DS before I realized it. I had gone to taco bell and in about an hour or so ate: mexican pizza, nachos supreme, 3 crunchy tacos, and cheesy potatoes all by myself.

February 14th, 2013, 09:06 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DS1 at 8dpo I ate an entire plate of spaghetti from Olive Garden and usually I would only be able to eat 1/4 maybe half a plate. I took a test the next day and got a light positive on a FRER!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

February 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was definitely hungry even before getting a BFP - I thought for sure it couldn't be related because it was so early, but what else could explain it when I don't normally eat like that?

Good luck.
February 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's hoping! But I do know I'm rather early for any symptoms.

My breasts have gotten a bit tender as the day has worn on, but that's also a PMS thing for me at about this time in my cycle.

February 15th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Hunger shouldn't be an aspect until many weeks in ... although everyone is different. Increased appetite coming from cravings can come from PMS symptoms as well .... I'm going through the 5 - 7 dpo terrible time as well and keep experiencing the question of PMS or PREG?!?! It's terrible. Give it some time, keep posted here and talking to other ladies in the same boat. Wait to test as long as you can (I should tell myself the same advice) ......

babydust to you all !!
February 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I definitely will be waiting to test. I'm an odd duck among most on the boards - I HATE POAS (I have horrible aim!). Back in November when I thought I may be PG due to extreme breast pain (way more than usual), I tested the day before AF (BFN, then AF came the next day, of course). With my daughter, I waited to test the day before AF as well and got a BFP - and we were NTNP for several months, but that was the first month I felt the need to test (according to my notes, I felt "different", which so doesn't help me right now - lol).

So, I will not test too early! But my mind may play tricks on me, that I'm sure of. I hope to wait until the 23rd or 24th to test (1-2 days after AF is supposed to show), but if I don't feel the normal pre-AF stuff day before, I may break down then. But I don't have a fortune to spend in FRERs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search