Pregnant after taking Plan B?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Hey there,
So I was wondering if any of you could tell me if you think these are sign of pregnancy or maybe just the plan b pill, or is it all in my head lol

Feb. 5th and 6th my hunny and I had unprotected sex in hopes that would get pregnant. i don't know if i was ovulating but the app I downloaded said the 5th was the day after ovulation. Well basically we started talking again and decided that we jumped into this too fast and went out and got the plan b pill. I took it about 9pm on the 6th. When i took it i felt normal. I didn't have any side effects but then a few days later i started getting nausea and heartburn when ever i ate. I was bloated, tender stomach. A week after taking the pill what i thought was my period came a week early(13th). But it was really light and only lasted 2 days. Well its been almost a week and i feel like i'm getting more pregnancy symptoms. I started getting really itchy a few days ago but there is no rash and i don't have an allergic reaction because i use the same stuff i always use. When i looked up just being itchy i read it could be a sign of pregnancy. I have been having cramping off and on. I'm still bloated and my original period is suppose to start within a few days but i don't know if its suppose to come or if those 2 days were suppose to be my period. I took a HPT on the 17th but it came out negative. I think i tested too early possibly since they say your not suppose to test till your first missed period and my period originally was suppose to come around the 21st or so.
But yes if anyone could give me advice or let me know if you have had a similar experience.
Ill be taking another pregnancy test on friday or saturday again but still would like some advice lol
Me and my spouse would love to be pregnant even though we ended up taking plan b.
February 19th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
First off, don't put too much stock in what a fertilty app says. Unless you are temping/charting, an app isn't going to predict when you ovulate with very much accuracy as they essentially guess at when your fertile dates are based on "typical" women.

The Plan B pill is essentially an over dose of the birth control pill. All of the hormones can cause the symptoms you are experiencing. The unfortunate thing is that pregnancy can also cause those exact same symptoms.

It's unlikely that you are pregnant since you took Plan B, but it also wouldnt be the first time the pill didn't work either. Maybe a doctors visit is in order?

Good luck and keep us updated.
DeadlyLove likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree that using an app is not always totally accurate. I can ovulate as early as CD 10 and as late as CD 16. So I totally don't trust the app. The only way to really tell when you ovulate is by temping and using OPKs. You can also get some cues from cervical mucous and cervical position. I would definitely suggest that you go see your doctor. Looking forward to hearing an update from you. Good luck!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search