PANICKING MASSIVELY! NEGATIVE OPK's?????

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 06:44 AM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
Right where do I start? Last month I did and OPK and it detected my LH as normal on day 14! We only tried a couple of times though, the day of detection and teh day after and as most of you know, it wasn't my lucky month, BFN and a period right on time as always lol. This month, we started trying as soon as my period finished and we have been trying every day since (exept Tuesday). I am very regular so I know my fertile window, HOWEVER ovulation was supposed to be tuesday or yesterday and ALL the OPK's so far have been negatives! WHAT IS GOING ON? A few days after my period I had some weird things happening on my lower belly so maybe I ovulated then.....but that early and why? It has never ever happened before! At least we have been trying early enough but I am soooo confused....I think we will keep trying until the end of the cycle just in case......lots of cramping this week and yesterday I had some very unusual discharge that I havent seen before (sorry). It was very very white, very smooth layer and looked like a very thin layer of the white bit of a normal egg lol not sure how to describe it! I have run out of OPK's now so can't test anymore so need to keep trying just in case. I want your opinions please guys, I am panicking! Possible reasons/explanations?????
March 21st, 2013, 07:41 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Maybe you're just ovulating late? I know personally, I O anywhere from CD 14-19.

It happens from time to time. Do you chart at all or just OPK? It does sound like your body is gearing up to O!

Good luck!

March 21st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Aww thanks. No I am not charting....I tried to but there is times I forget and I get up different times every morning cause my shifts every week are different so finding it really hard to chart. I thought we would just try as often as possible therefore it will be hard to miss any chances. I just found it weird that the OPK was negative when it has always been a case of me ovulating day 14 or 15! If its a case of me being a bit late as you said then I should keep trying lol Thank you for your response!
March 21st, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I ended up O'ing late this cycle and now look at me. I was getting OPK- from CD11-CD19. On the 20th day, SURGE! I normally O on the 14th day. Just happened to DTD two days before the surge and the swimmers stuck around long enough to fertilize something.

Introducing the Minis

March 21st, 2013, 07:46 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you test once a day or twice or more? Also, what time of day do you test? I use to test around noon and again around 8pm and I usually got my surge around the evening test.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 21st, 2013, 08:00 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I agree that maybe you are going to O later than normal.When I conceived Ava I ovulated two week late,I have never done that before,I would have missed my O if I wasn't charting and using OPK's. Hopefully you will know for sure soon!

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

March 22nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Hello ladies thanks for your responses! To answer some questions, I have always been doing the test around 12pm and only one a day and it has always detected it. It is strange it hasnt this time. I have run out now so last time I tested was Wednesday (a day later than expected) and it was negative. I tired charting as I said but I am not really getting on with it. Can't manage to get up same time every day :-( I had very annoying cramping, especially yesterday and today NOTHING, it has totally gone so I think I might have ovulated! (probably yesterday). We havent stopped trying tho which is good. will keep it going until next week just in case. Period is due on easter sunday. Lets hope it doesnt come this time lol :-)
March 22nd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Fingers crossed for you that AF doesn't show up. I agree with the other ladies, it sounds like you are Oing late this cycle. Hoping you get your bfp!!!

March 23rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Only 8 days to when AF is due! I am having very annoying cramping today and been going to the loo a lot. It has been doing my headin. Thank you all ladies! Will keep you updated :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search