If and when should i test?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By longing
  • 1 Post By kayco

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 07:30 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
Hello Ladies,

My husband and I were ntnp starting last april but i have been having irregular cycles. I did 2 failed rounds of clomid (dec and jan). My ob was not any help and actually very frustrating so on 3.11 I met with a reproductive endocrinologist. I thought i was having af but after some tests she said i was actually surging and to bd. She thought i would actually o on my own.

I took a couple of opks-cb digitals and on 3.13 i got a pos. We dtd 3.12,3.13 and 3.15. Last week i was experiencing some spotting,lower back pain,slight nausea and cramps. This week i feel like i am more hungry than usual and it only takes a little to fill me up, then an hr or 2 later hungry again. I have had some nausea,cramps and breast tenderness but i am not sure if and when i should test. I decided to finish the box of opks this week just for "fun" since the re will monitor me and i got a pos friday evening. Not sure what to think! I dont want to face another neg.
Hoping for a bfp for all of us soon!

Last edited by zonee@gmail.com; March 24th, 2013 at 07:32 PM.
March 24th, 2013, 07:55 PM
it's been 11days you could start testing now,a lot of women on here get a BFP around now i personally have never seen a BFP until the day AF was due. So you could test and if its neg just test again in a few days when AF is due if you have a 28 day cycle typically. FX!
shana1979 and zonee@gmail.com like this.
March 24th, 2013, 09:27 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've gotten light positives anywhere from 8-10 dpo. That being said there are some women that don't get a positive until 12-14 dpo. If you can't stand to see a negative I would wait until your period is due. But if you're itching to test I would say try testing tomorrow with first morning urine. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 25th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Thanks ladies! Not sure what length my cycles are, possible I have pcos so it is kinda difficult but that is why I am seeing the re. I woke up thus morning with some cramping and reddish blood when I wipe.

Not sure what to think since last time I thought I got my period I was wrong. I may wait to call doc until tomorrw morning to see if it gets heavier to repeat blood work and ultrasound. My mother suggested I still test. Will keep you ladies updated!
March 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
jeragiz's Avatar Veteran
Definitely keep us posted best of luck
March 25th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks not holding out much hope at this point but I suppose stranger things could happen. At least it came on my day off and maybe will be gone by my birthday on Sunday.
March 25th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Have you taken a pregnancy test? The fact that you got a positive OPK on friday is confusing if you're getting your period now.

March 25th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I agree urchin very weird. I took a hpt and it was negative. I am guessing maybe I have increased lh floating around or my body is possibly trying to o again. The Rn at the docs office said this could be a new normal for me they see women who just get spotting for a period. Repeating tests Wednesday so we shall see. It is sad and frustrating.
March 25th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are frustrated!!!! Hoping that Wednesday will able to shed some light on what is going on!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!!

March 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks soo much ladies!! I have a follow april 11, didnt receive any calls today but hoping for good news soon. Hope everyone is well!!
March 27th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I tested today, which was 11 dpo but the test was either neg or really faint. Testing after the wknd to see..
zonee@gmail.com likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Well, my "period" only lasted 3 days which was a little odd imo. May retest to see if it changes but probably not. Good luck ladies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search