Took plan b last month and now my period is MIA

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hey Everyone,
Feb 5th i had taken plan b. On the 13th and 14th i had a very light period. I looked online because i thought it might have been spotting but it was more than just a little blood but it was still a lot lighter than my normal periods which are usually light anyway. I took 4 HPT and all were negative. So I went on with my life thinking okay the pill must have worked.
On the march 2nd, my boyfriend and i were getting intimate and he put it in without a condom for just a little while and then he put the condom on. I know women can get pregnant from precum too if the man has came recently which he didnt. We always use a condom but some reason he just did put it on right away.
Well my period was due 2 weeks ago and it hasnt come. I have been having cramping off and on for the past 3-4 weeks. Which usually before my period like a week or so i get cramps. I noticed my nipples are sensitive and they look like they gotten slightly bigger. Also the bumps on them look like they have grown. Ive been having head aches. back aches ( back aches are normal for me since i was in a car accident a year ago) , sometimes i get this dull pain from just below my left rib like in between my belly button and my rib but just a little to the left. It comes and goes and its not real painful. Also i have been getting slight pain in my hips like they are sore sometimes( not constantly) I took a HPT 4 days ago and it was negative and another today and it was negative. I feel like im going a bit crazy because i have these symptoms but the test say negative. I hate going to doctors just for them to tell me there is nothing wrong with me and im afraid that that's whats going to happen. My boyfriends keeps insisting though. I told him if my period doesn't come by the 15-16 ( which is when i think my next period should come) then that i will definitely make a doctors appointment.

Anyone have any advice, words of wisdom, past experiences?
Just need something because i don't know whats going on with my body lol
Thank you lots
March 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM
never used plan b personally but it easily could have thrown your cycle off.at this point if you keep getting negs i would call the doc anyway,even if they just tell you your cycle is thrown off from the pill at least you have peace of mind.and if you are pregnant and plan b failed then you want to know as soon as possible too,prenatal care is important to begin with but if you took plan b and it failed you definitely want to make sure the baby is okay. if the 'light period' you had was in fact more than spotting you may not be due for AF for another two weeks,either way the doc is the only one that can tell you what's really going on and i know you don't want to go but its the only way to know for sure.
March 25th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
First off, I would recommend taking a test, just to rule out pregnancy. The plan B pill, just like everything else, can fail.

If the test comes back negative, I would highly suspect that your body is just reacting to taking the Plan B pill. Essentially Plan B is an overdose of the birthcontrol pill. Those hormones can cause your system to be thrown out of whack for a while. All the symptoms you're having could be from Plan B.

If you do not want to be pregnant, you may want to consider another form of birthcontrol.

Good luck!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

March 25th, 2013, 03:14 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good luck!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 25th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I personally would love to be pregnant but my boyfriend has lots of things he wants to do before we have a child. such as getting married and go to college and ect. He wants children and he would make a great daddy but i just dont want him to have to put his life on hold. I want him to pursue his dreams still. So thats why i took plan b. If it didnt work then it was meant to be. Everything happens for a reason.
March 25th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I definitely agree with Urchin.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you take the Plan B within 72 hours? The longer you wait to take Plan B, the least likely it is to work. I've taken it once before a couple of years ago and it did not affect my period much if at all. Two weeks late would not be due to the pill. Perhaps it's the stress. Perhaps you're really pregnant. Let your boyfriend know, if it's not good time to have a baby, he's got to take more care in making sure it doesn't happen.

Introducing the Minis

March 26th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I took plan b about 24 hours. I had to wait for the pharmacy to open and for my boyfriend to get off work. We are responsible so please don't act like we are just some dumb kids. We arent those 15 year olds getting pregnant because they dont know the consequences of sex. We have been together for 2 years and we are adults. both of us 21. We use protection every time. But accidents happen.
I have taken plan b before when i was 17. My ex boyfriend tried to force me to get pregnant with his child ( long story). it didnt have any effect on my period either. My boyfriend knows im late and he is excited to find out if im pregnant. But my test keep coming up negative. Today i wrote down the times i go pee and i have been going about every hour! I think im pregnant , i can feel it in my boobs. And last night i had heart burn so bad i couldnt sleep. it lasted for like 5 hours and pepto didnt help at all. I'm going to make a doctors appointment soon. If its meant to be its meant to be <3
March 26th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I took plan b about 24 hours. I had to wait for the pharmacy to open and for my boyfriend to get off work. We are responsible so please don't act like we are just some dumb kids. We arent those 15 year olds getting pregnant because they dont know the consequences of sex. We have been together for 2 years and we are adults. both of us 21. We use protection every time. But accidents happen.
I have taken plan b before when i was 17. My ex boyfriend tried to force me to get pregnant with his child ( long story). it didnt have any effect on my period either. My boyfriend knows im late and he is excited to find out if im pregnant. But my test keep coming up negative. Today i wrote down the times i go pee and i have been going about every hour! I think im pregnant , i can feel it in my boobs. And last night i had heart burn so bad i couldnt sleep. it lasted for like 5 hours and pepto didnt help at all. I'm going to make a doctors appointment soon. If its meant to be its meant to be <3
March 26th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely get into see your doctor soon. Fingers crossed for you!!!

March 26th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shana1979 View Post
I've taken it once before a couple of years ago and it did not affect my period much if at all. Two weeks late would not be due to the pill.
Actually, one of the side effects of Plan B is a late period. A small percentage of women do experience this as a symptom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyLove View Post
I don't think anyone was insinuating that you're a kid or irresponsible. They just assumed that because you took Plan B, that you did not want to be pregnant, that's why the suggestions to find a better method of BC were made.

Unfortunately, all the symptoms you are having can also be caused by the Plan B pill:
http://bodyandhealth.canada.com/drug...AdverseEffects

Any time you take any type of hormonal contraceptive, you can have similar symptoms to pregnancy. I get scent sensitivity, breast tenderness and all sorts of other fun side-effects from hormonal bc.

I hope that you can get a chance to see a doctor soon, just to rule out pregnancy. I would think that you really should be getting blaring positive tests by now if you are pregnant.
shana1979 likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Tags
plan b , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search