Pregnant on BC Question...

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sethsgirl
  • 1 Post By Loving6

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 09:16 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I know I post somewhat often and I know you all think I am a crazy person...however, I do take your advice into consideration and I would appreciate you not judging me or criticizing me...

So a little background. I have been on government health assistance basically on a plan for people my age who aren't pregnant and low income and such. I have had it for almost 2 years and had bad luck with the doctors they have me see and all... I have anxiety and depression which they treated me for...They also cover my psych meds and birth control prescription...Well March 25th I got hired as a full time administration assistant in a busy office near my home. I was offered health benefits which will be in effect in 90days from hire (End of June)...The government program requested I reapply for 2013, but I was denied because of my job so I am out health care basically until July...I am in the process of fighting for my medications because I can get really ill from withdrawals from the psych medications if I stop them and I can't go to planned parenthood for my BC because I have a legal battle going on with them due to false pap results (whole nother story LOL)....so I have luckily refills through this month of my pysch meds but no birth control and I can't even go to the clinic because they aren't open after I get off work...

Anyway, I have now, because I can't get my birth-control pills, been back off the pill for 4 days. I take Errin (Mini Pill) (I know its bad for my body and possibly for my fertility but I sorta have no choice I even went and yelled at the pharmacy to request a refill)...I thought I would get a withdrawal bleed like I have in the past when off of it more than 2 days, but I never did. Could this mean I got pregnant last month? I have had bad nausea for 3 days now and eating sucks but no puking yet...No cramps no signs of AF...I just expected to bleed from going off of it but nada...What do you all think? I bought a few FRERs but wanted advice if I should take them...

Thanks!!!

April 3rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can get pregnant while on the mini pill, I have a 22 month old to prove that! Anyway you can also have the symptoms you described because you haven't been able to take it. Have you missed a period?
Urchin likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

April 3rd, 2013, 11:23 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Well I personally would test if it was time for my period. Can't the Dr you was seeing fill your prescription for the pill. I know if my prescriptions are out ,the pharmacy will call them in to the dr and if I've seen him within a year he will fill it. I know there are generic birth control pills so the cost won't be high. If it was me I would wait to conceive until you have health insurance,prenatal care is expensive and the dr office will make you sign a contract that you will make payments throughout your pregnancy. Also condoms are inexpensive,just a suggestion. If its not time for your period then I would wait a few days to see if you get withdrawal bleeding. Good luck and keep us posted,I enjoy updates!

Forgot to say Congratulations on your new job!
Urchin likes this.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

April 3rd, 2013, 11:35 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I have no clue when AF would be due as I never have had her on this bc. I guess if not withdrawal bleed in the next couple days I will test. I just have always had one when off of it before. And we do want a baby and we kinda decided its in Gods hands bcz of both our health histories and you can't really plan the unknown also I tried to have the pharmacy fax my dr and so far they can't get them to refill for me Thanks again will update you all when I know more!

April 3rd, 2013, 11:55 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Putting the well-being of a child in "gods hands" isn't exactly responsible. Unless you have the means to support a baby, I would really look into some means of birthcontrol. If you can't afford birthcontrol, it would be immensely difficult to support a child.

Not to get preachy, but I really don't like leaving things like having a child to "fate."

I'm not sure how it works in the US (your insurance system is very different than ours here), but I am very sorry that you're stuck in this difficult position. It's awesome you have a new job though! I really hope you can get your med situation figured out, as it sounds like many of your meds are ones you don't want to abruptly stop!

As for pregnancy, it's very hard to say when you could test since you were taking the mini pill. I know when I was on it, my doctor really emphasized that if I didn't take it perfectly, or missed a pill, even by a couple hours, that I'd be at risk for pregnancy. The symptoms you're having could be from pregnancy, or stopping the pill. Maybe take a test now..and if you don't get your period in a couple weeks, test again? It's really hard to say when would be an accurate result.

Good luck!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

April 3rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would go ahead and test and if it's negative and you don't get a period in a week or so I'd test again. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

April 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies I know that didnt sound right Urchin... We could support a child right now if it happened and we want it to happen more than we don't want it to happen, but we aren't going to actively try is what I meant... Just ntnp for now... It's great because our jobs would work with us if we start a family... What I meant was we both have fertility issues history (my losses and his injury to his goods) and we wouldn't try just let it happen if it did...KWIM? Anyway working thru tomorrow night so nothing new yet except still feel like crap and no bleed...

April 4th, 2013, 03:48 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I remember you saying that you went off the pill in the past and were worried because you didn't get AF? Could it be possible that it could be happening like that again? It certainly is a big shock to the system to stop that, not to mention the other meds. It may not come for a while until your body works out what is going on.

April 4th, 2013, 03:22 PM
mommyakawifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You have mentioned before that you are very thin. That alone can cause your period to stop. The birth control could simply be causing withdrawal bleeds. I have had this happen to me when I was in the thick of an eating disorder (not saying you have one). I hope it all works out for you. Good luck!

Missing my brother everyday- 1985-2011~I love and miss you so much
Essure permanent birth control procedure done 5/24. My family is now complete<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search