Trying not to get too excited.....

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lala107

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Hello all! I am new to this page so first I will just say hello!

My husband and I have been trying to conceive since December. Not long I know for our first child, especially considering I was on the pill for 14 years.
My last AF was March 8th and typically I am right on 28 day cycles so I should have started again April 5th. I had mild cramping last week and my breasts were so sore and swollen that even just shirts were uncomfortable. Yesterday I had some mild cramping, accompanied with about 3 hours of brownish discharge (, sorry!). My breasts are still a bit sore on the sides and top, not like they were last week though and there is no bleeding. I did take a test Saturday and got a negative. Should I try another test in a few days or am I just getting too excited?
Any advice would be appreciated! I am sitting at work with nothing to do but think so I thought I would ask so I don't drive myself nuts
April 8th, 2013, 11:20 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
test!

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
POAS!! GL and I hope you get a BFP!

[/URL]Renee
April 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I agree,test that will help you from going crazy!!

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

April 8th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Just tested and got a BFN I am only 3 days late so will wait a couple more days and try again!
April 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
SurferRosa's Avatar Doing it all over again
I waited until I was 6 days late to test when I got my BFP. Your symptoms do sound very promising. I had (still have) bad cramps as if AF is coming which I also had with my previous pregnancy. My baby was born healthy and I was overdue. I heard that it's best to wait 5 or more days to do HPT due to hcg levels will be close to peaking (they peak around 8 weeks then start to decline). You could get a blood test if still no AF shows up.

Best of luck!
April 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your symptoms sound very promising!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

April 9th, 2013, 10:17 AM
AF arrived this morning I don't know how people can handle this disappointment after years of trying, I am so frustrated after only a few months! I am so happy I found this site though. I have read through alot of posts on here and its great to have such a support group!
Maybe next month.... Maybe a little bit of retail therapy for today!
MermaidMama2012 likes this.

Last edited by Lala107; April 9th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
April 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that AF showed up. TTC can be pretty frustrating and disheartening. But I tell myself that I am that much closer to getting my bfp!!! We have been trying since October 2011, it certainly doesn't get any easier when you hear about your friends not trying and they get preggo or you see a preggo teenager. But this place has been my saving grace, being able to talk to other ladies about my struggles with TTC. Good luck!!! I hope you get your bfp soon!!!!

April 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM
SurferRosa's Avatar Doing it all over again
Don't give up! It took my hubby and I four years to finally have a baby together (and now we are expecting our 2nd 13months later) There was no known cause for me not to be able to get pregnant according to all tests and exams, although my hubby was never tested. It was quite frustrating for me because I was blessed with 2 children from a previous marriage many yrs prior (they are 19 and 16). It's true when they say it will happen when you don't expect it. I gave up after years of temping/charting, checking cm, and everything else they advised. I finally accepted the fact that we were unable to conceive and then I didn't realize I was 10 days late for AF because I was no longer keeping track. Well, I got my BFP and had a healthy girl. This time again, I was sure our baby was our last hurrah and I accepted that I was no longer able to have children since it took us 4 yrs before. Well, I just got my BFP last week!
So it seems to be when I was no longer stressing over it that I was able to conceive. That's my advice good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search