I can't figure out if I'm pregnant

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 12:38 PM
So there's a lot to this situation which leaves me in complete darkness. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about a year ago. She never told me much about it, I take the lowest dose of levothyrozine. She told me after a year of blood tests that the dose was good and I could start coming in once a year. Now the reason I went in was because of the lack of period. I guess I grew up in that kind of family where people don't go to the doctor a lot because I never had a check up or was even told the importance of them, my first gyno visit was last year when I found out I had hypothyroidism. She tried a few things to get the menstral cycle back on track but nothing really worked. She gave me these pills to begin with that just kinda induced it then tried birth control which made me gain 30lbs in 5 days. She put me back on the inducer pill with refills and instructions to pee on a stick once every 2 months and if its negative, take the pills. Well they kinda started regulating themselves I think, just poorly. I haven't had to take the pills yet. I ha one right after she gave them to me and then another 1 1/2 months later, so they're not regular by any means and I have no may knowing how long my cycles are. So there's the back story, now the predicament.

I think I'm pregnant, or at least I'm willfully ignorant, but I can't get a positive. The start of my last cycle was 3/21/2013, right at a month ago and I still havnt got anything going on down there that I can see. Not that its uncommon. I would think twice about it if symptoms weren't so severe. On about the 19th, I started getting strong stomach cramps. Much like menstral cramps but worse. They haven't stopped and they were accompanied by nausea 2 days ago. Not constant nausea though, none in the morning, but queesy in the afternoon, nauseas at night. So total I have stomach cramps, nausea, headaches, sore breasts, bloating, and I'm really irritable. All but the nausea are pms symptoms though (is nausea a pms symptom? I've never experienced it if it is. Though I never had an actual period that often, I still got cramps and irritability each month). Like I said though, no positives, I've been testing every morning for days with dollar tree tests. Anyone have a clue? I feel stupid clinging into that last hope through all of those negatives but I'm so in the dark about my cycles and timing that I just keep testing.
April 23rd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In your situation, I would go to the doctor and request a blood test.
April 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
I didn't really want to go that far yet. I was just there a couple weeks ago and my work freaks out about all the off days. I was thinking maybe my cycles are just 1 1/2 months long but I did the math and it seems far fetched to me. The math says that my cycles would be 41 days if I go by my previous month, I thought that was too much until I read about someone having 42 day cycles. According to those number though, I would still be showing negative for another couple days. I'm gonna try until the end of the weeks I guess.
April 23rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well maybe you ovulated later that typical and therfor it would be too soon to get a + HPT. If you are not testing for ovulation than this can easily happen and than you think you are late when you really are not. I would just keep testing every other day. Also when you think you might be pregnant you will notice every little pain or twinge in your body that you may have not noticed before. Believe me even though my DH had a vasectomy if I felt a little differant one month suddenly I thought I was pregnant even though I obviously was not.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search