Me again :) Is this really normal?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Ladies, I have been MIA a few days, but I am back to ask questions...

Background for those who don't know me: I went off Errin (Mini Pill BC Pills) about 5 weeks ago because I can't get them anymore or for right now thanks to insurance and my doctor issues. I had been on it on and off for about a year. Off no longer than 3 weeks two times. Yes, I know that was a stupid thing to do and I don't need insults for it, but its the past so I am moving forward. I have had the talk with my boyfriend who def agrees we want kids when God blesses us with them. I say this because we were both told we may never be able to conceive naturally but we are still NTNP currently and remain hopeful. We own our home, but his parents currently live with us (The house is in my boyfriend's name and he pays the mortgage). We have been dating and living together for a year and 9 months now. We are 27 and almost 30. He works 2 jobs about 50 hours a week and I work a full-time 40 hour a week job.

Anyway, I never got a withdrawal bleed this time around and still 5 weeks later no AF not even cramping! I am bloated, have cravings, pee a lot (but i drink tons of water all day at work and at home at night)...I have taken two tests both FRERs late in the day and one some of you said you saw something, but to me both we BFN. Probably unrelated, but you never know, but I got a sinus infection and clogged tear duct on only the right side of my face and its finally going away after a week. One of the days I also had a random fat lip like an allergic reaction it was weird. I was only given topical antibiotics nothing oral. My Pap was 100% normal in March and I had no Std's of any kind. I also started a new full-time high demand job the week I went off my BC Pills.

Is it normal not to have any bleeding even spotting yet? 5 weeks in of no BC? Could I be prego and have no extreme symptoms and still getting BFN's? Could stress of my new job (though I love it and laugh all day, not really super stressed) be a culprit? What, if anything can I do to get regular again and is there anything I can take, eat, or drink to help my reproductive system?

Sorry it got so long and thank you in advance for your help! Look forward to your responses and chatting with you all

April 26th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
It's very common to still be without a period at this point. Only being off birthcontrol 5 weeks is still pretty early for your cycles to be back on track. Some women are lucky enough to get back onto a perfect schedule right away after stopping birthcontrol pills, but many, many others have a number of wonky cycles afterwards.

If you don't mind me asking, why have the doctor's told you that you will not conceive naturally? What are the reason's behind that? I just ask, because that could also play into the likelihood of you being pregnant.

Also, are you sure you were tested for STD's when you had your PAP? All a PAP tests for is abnormal cells in your cervix. Unless STD testing was requested, it isn't necessarily done. (Not that I think an STD is something you should be concerned with, just want to make sure you know the differences )

Personally, I think it's probably unlikely you're pregnant...but stranger things have happened. Stress and recently stopping BC can mess with your cycles, so I think that is likely the culprit.

Good luck!

April 26th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Urchin (Sorry I dont know your first name),

Thanks for your reply. I will answer your questions as you always seem to be the one who is quick to reply and offer help.

First, About not being able to conceive- I started BC Pills when I was 17 to even get my cycle regulated an thus never started my period for the first time until I was 17 so the dr said it could be tough to conceive back then. I also had anorexia for the next 4 years until I was 20 and it still lingers, but not nearly as bad. I as told that causes shock to your cycle an I never had AF unless on BC during those years as well. Finally my BF had a biking injury and a hockey injury which doctors note he may have trouble getting a girl pregnant so we both kinda don't know either of our abilities.

As for the PAP, yes I asked and they tested me for STDs as well as a regular PAP. All came back negative and healthy!

My concern was never even getting a withdrawal bleed this time. Last night I got a gnarly case of gas, pain in my tummy, and the runs an today its still bothering me no fever though. Prob not related, but throwing it out there.

I was also trying to ask what I feel when I put my fingers inside and feel my cervix cuz i feel bloated in there too but everyone I asked said it sounds abnormal but the dr didn't say much when I got my pap and she was in there saying all looked normal.

Ok enough rambles...and thanks for the advice.

April 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I think your af is absent due to starting your new job,dealing with no insurance and his parents living with you. Those kinds of things can mess with your cycle. As for no withdrawal bleeding it just might be this time it isn't going to happen,hormones can be odd at times. I only suggest stress as being the culprit since you have a negative hpt's.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

April 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. Im starting to think what I have at the moment is a case of food poisoning No puking so its mild just the other stuff and severe pain...im all bloated too my manager at work today was like is ur stomach distended

April 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I bloat terribly a few days before my period,and my pms causes me to be nauseous,maybe you are experiencing pms.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

April 26th, 2013, 08:41 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Hi Erin, throwing my hat into the ring for this one.

In the past, when I've gone off hormonal birth control, I also had a pretty bad period pretty soon after. I got my Mirena IUD removed three weeks ago, and so far, I've had no bleeding. A wee bit of spotting for a few days after removal, but it was old blood, infrequent and light. I also expected a heavy period soon after removal, but nothing yet.

I wouldn't worry about it yet - my gyno said it could take 6 weeks, sometimes more, to get a first real period. He mentioned giving me something to jump start it if nothing happens 8 weeks post removal.

It's so hard to be patient! I know exactly where you're coming from. I hope we both get AF soon - probably one of the few times in our lives we wished for that huh?

Keep us posted!
April 27th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
If you are still fighting with anorexia (even a little bit) you may not be eating enough, even though you don't realize it and this can hold off your periods. I have this issue and once went 123 days with no period the good news is that it should not prevent you from becoming pregnant in the future! I still battle with it every day and have 5 healthy beautiful children
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

April 27th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you ladies! Means a lot to hear positive things from you all!

April 27th, 2013, 01:34 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I went off the pill, it took MONTHS to bleed. You are not preggo if you are getting bfn's.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search