Can a period really last 24 hours?!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Super Mommy
So I know my last post I said I got AF...well I spotted brown from 5pm-10pm hardly anything, filled 2 Super tampons from midnight until 8am and 8am til 3pm... Put another in at 3pm and it was so dry it hurt so an hour later I took it out and only a few blood drops on it. Had a pad in since and nothing and nothing when I wipe when I pee either...is this odd to anyone else? I have mild cramps but no real AF symptoms other than that and bloat. I guess I did just got off bc 6 weeks ago could that be it? This is gonna frustrate me! Maybe it will come and go for a few days? What do you think? I'm tempted to poas I have one frer left... Wwyd?

April 28th, 2013, 08:35 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
it sounds like you did in fact get your period, especially if you soaked through 2 tampons. did you just come off of bc?
April 28th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Super Mommy
Hi thanks for replying. Let me clarify - I didn't soak through 2 tampons I just had normal blood on them. Nothing heavy or anything. Yes, I have been off birth control 6 weeks and this is the first sign of blood since infact in like 9 months what do u think? Can it really only last 24hrs and be a period. My bf is concerned too.

April 28th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Maybe it's just very light and short. Maybe it will pick back up. I've had a few periods to where it would only be 3 days long and extremely light. Some are just weird.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

April 29th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Veteran
Mine did that a few days before

Then came normal 3 days later. Joys of bc. -__-
April 29th, 2013, 12:41 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well some BC can make your uterus lining not build up as much so maybe your lining is still light. I have never had a one day period but your body is probably still trying to work the hormones out after getting off BC so I would guess this is the cause. Depending on the BC it can take a few months for your cycles to normalize. I would order some cheap test strips and ovulation test each day so you will know as soon as you start ovulating again or check daily for EWCM.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

April 29th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Veteran
let me quote you... "filled up 2 super tampons by 8am" so technically you "soaked" 2 super tampons... and those things are huge... so yesi agree with the others its probably your body getting back on track from bc... maybe using a tampon may have slowed it down and made it look like wasnt much blood... hope you find the answers you arelooking for.. and things work out for youi.. best of luck to you..and me being the poas addict iam... i would poas...just tosee... who knows?..every womans body is different....
April 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You were on the mini pill it makes you lining thin, some women (me when I took it) would have no period at all not unusual with mini pill. It would be like having a light period after an annovulatory cycle.

April 29th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you ladies I feel great today and spotted a little but nothing much and no other symptoms....Just riding this out I guess and hoping for the best in the next few months...Thanks again! I will be back I am sure!

April 30th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Nicole ~ View Post
Well some BC can make your uterus lining not build up as much so maybe your lining is still light. I have never had a one day period but your body is probably still trying to work the hormones out after getting off BC so I would guess this is the cause. Depending on the BC it can take a few months for your cycles to normalize. I would order some cheap test strips and ovulation test each day so you will know as soon as you start ovulating again or check daily for EWCM.
Ditto this!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search