Odd question... but here goes!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
So, last month I either had some crazy convincing evaps or a chemical. I really am leaning more towards bad tests b/c I had the shortest cycle in my life!! (only 24 days). Just for s&g I took a test just now and it is stark white. So... what I'm asking is this: has anyone gotten a few bad tests in an otherwise ok batch?
Now.... for part 2. I am on CD 17 and had my first pos OPK on CD12. I started spotting today which is unusual for me. I'm not saying I have never experienced mid-cycle spotting.... just not usually. I am, however, taking high levels of progesterone for other reasons and I would think that would delay or even stop Oing. But, what do I know?? Even though I am an RN I work with the elderly and the chronically ill... not OB/GYN! LOL
Anyone? Thoughts, comments, advise?

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
May 2nd, 2013, 06:28 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Was that the only positive OPK you got? I know when I used to test they would stay positive for 1-5 days. Also maybe your body geared up to O and it didn't and did on CD 17, and that's where to spotting is coming from. As for the tests,yes I have gotten a few bad tests out of a batch that looked positive but obviously wasn't when I backed them up with an Answer or FRER.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

May 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well when I bought FRER some of the tests barely had any die while others had a lot. It made me question if the tests with barely any die were good. Other than that I have had consistency within a brand. Either the brand gets evaps or not. I have found if you get too much urine soaked up than they are more likely to get evaps. I mean you could have had a chemical which could have altered your hormones and caused early bleeding. I would also ask you O.B. if the progesterone could be causing your spotting. I would assume that anytime you alter your hormones that out of the ordinary things can happen.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 2nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
I did a lot of research today (it was thankfully a nice, quiet day at work) and I found that when the progesterone starts working it can cause some breakthrough bleeding, but it is supposed to be viewed as good sign. I'm not sure who thinks vaginal bleeding of any type is good or fun...but I will try to look on the bright side! LOL
It picked up a little earlier today but now it has almost stopped again. It never got bright or heavy. Hopefully it will go on and go away!!

May 3rd, 2013, 12:52 AM
When I was taking birth control that has progesterone in it I spotted constantly for a couple months and could not stand it anymore so I got off it. So it probably is the progesterone.

I am confused... your ticker says you are pregnant? but your post sounds like you are TTC.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you take progesterone before your positive opk? I know when I was using prog cream you start 3 days after ovulation to make sure you ovulated. Otherwise it will delay it.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

May 3rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
~Nicole~ I made our announcement while you were on hiatus. We are adopting a baby girl due June 27. I started the progesterone around the same time I believe I might have ovulated. I'm NTNP... but I stopped charting (plan to restart just so I know whats going on inside). I'm actually taking the progesterone non-stop along with Domperidone for the next 45 days and then stopping the progesterone so that it will induce lactation. I nursed all 3 of my older children and I want to be able to nurse DD3 as well. I just haven't talked about it yet b/c I know a lot of people won't agree with me. In fact, my midwife didn't agree with it, so I ended up going to the OB in the clinic where I work and she is totally on board and helpful! But, thats why the progesterone and its most likely the cause of my spotting... I can live with it for 45 days as long as it does its job!

May 4th, 2013, 12:18 AM
How wonderful congratulations on your soon to be adoption. I look forward to seeing a photo of your new daughter. That is great that you are trying to breast feed especially when it takes so much effort to get there. I don't see why a doctor or other people should have a problem with it because you would be doing it if you gave birth. Good for you standing up for what you believe in. I hope the birth will go well and you have a healthy daughter.

Would the lactation interfere with TTC or have you decided to take a break for a bit or just let whatever happens happen?

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 4th, 2013, 09:37 AM
We've pretty much just decided to let it rock... whatever happens. It's so funny to me that at this point DH knows almost as much as TTC as the ladies on here and when I told him I was spotting (it was one of those "not tonight, babe" moments) that he got all excited and was asking "do you think its implantation?? We could have the ultimate Irish Twins!!"
I don't think a pregnancy for me is probable at this point. Not saying it isn't possible... just not probable. If it happened, though... even right now when DD3 is due in 54 days.... I would be elated!!
I am so blessed in this adoption! It was a case of right time at the right place with a whole lot of divine intervention. And I get to see the birth mother at least weekly and spend time with her and my baby. It is truly amazing!! We aren't telling our friends and family yet (only the closest ones who we can't avoid telling) until after the 10 day waiting period required by AK. Its so great to be able to be able to "talk" about it with ladies on here. I am over the moon about it and the kids are counting down to when baby Amelia comes home. I was drinking a glass of wine the other night with my hand on M's belly feeling Amelia do the tango! Easiest pregnancy ever!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search