Pregnant? 2 missed periods...

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferen View Post
Okay, so here is my story. I am 23 years old, married, and I came off birth control in January. Since coming off of birth control, my period has been anywhere from 5-8 days late. I got periods in January, February, and March, and they all were regular periods that lasted 4 days with heavy bleeding and cramping the first day and half to light bleeding for the rest of the days. My last period started March 8th, and ended on March 11th. I was supposed to get my period April 5th. It never came. A few days after I was supposed to get my period I started having occasional light cramping, that would come and go. Then I started getting brown discharge, when I wiped, and a very little in my underwear. The discharge finally went away after like a week, but the cramping never did. I still have the occasionally cramping. I really thought none of this, I just attributed it to, stress, and pressure of buying a home, and the fact that my period is a bit irregular since coming off the pill. My sister insisted I take a HPT. She said since my period has always been pretty regular, and its not here, and the fact I have brown discharge, and the cramping, that I need to test. Plus we have a good friend who is pregnant and she didn't test positive on the stick until she was almost 6 weeks along. I took two HPT within a few days of each other and both turned up negative. So, I waited another week for my period, before calling my OBGYN. He gave me a urine and blood test, and it all came back negative. He said it is plausible that I just missed a period. And he said that the brown discharge was probably just a "wacky period" I told him that my next period if it was on schedule, would be due in 5 days. I asked him when I should be concerned that I haven't gotten my period yet. He told me not to worry until I came back to him in 6-8 weeks for my annual exam. Its been two weeks since that exam, and I still haven't gotten my period. Just the occasional cramping. Does anyone have any advice? Should I wait that long to see my doctor again or make another appointment?

*I was supposed to get my next period on May 3rd
Please start a new topic in the board, rather than posting on someone else's topic. You'll get more responses that way, and it will also keep the original poster's on her topic.

you can make a new topic by clicking here: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/ne...ewthread&f=295

May 24th, 2013, 09:08 PM
I'm still not sure if the test was correct or not... My period should be starting in a week. If it doesn't, I'll take the test again. I'm just still having all those symptoms, and some have gotten worse. I've been cramping everyday, plus backaches and headaches, nausea, crazy gas (sorry if that's TMI), sore breasts, wanting food all the time (and normally I hardly eat much at all)...I've been basically feeling like I'm on my period lately even though I'm not. I just don't get what's going on with my body!

Last edited by Chely; May 24th, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
May 25th, 2013, 02:39 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you only recently started on the pill (in the last few months) your body may still be adjusting. I was on birth control for 13 years and I still had wacky periods, missed periods, random spotting and crazy symptoms from time to time. Your body changes in an instant - stress, lack of sleep, change in routine - it can all alter how your body works. If you're not supposed to miss more than one period in a row on your birth control, I'd contact your doctor and see if they want to try a different birth control for you. You may just need to change your birth control pill to one that works better with your body. Plus, they'll give you a pregnancy test in the office.

Good Luck!

May 25th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshute View Post
If you only recently started on the pill (in the last few months) your body may still be adjusting. I was on birth control for 13 years and I still had wacky periods, missed periods, random spotting and crazy symptoms from time to time. Your body changes in an instant - stress, lack of sleep, change in routine - it can all alter how your body works. If you're not supposed to miss more than one period in a row on your birth control, I'd contact your doctor and see if they want to try a different birth control for you. You may just need to change your birth control pill to one that works better with your body. Plus, they'll give you a pregnancy test in the office.

Good Luck!
Would I have to pay for that office visit? 'Cause if I do, my dad would definitely find out...and I cannot deal with that
May 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really sure how your doctor's office works or where you got your original birth control, so I have no idea if you'd have to pay for the office visit. I'd call the doctor's office and find out.

May 26th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Okay, well my next period should start on Saturday (6/1), so if it doesn't start some time that week, then I'll take another test...if it still says negative, then I'll call my doctor.

But ugh I've just been feeling awful lately! Woke up this morning feeling like I'm gonna throw up, and it won't go away, which has never happened before. I just don't know what could be causing all this. Seems too odd to me. I mean why would the pill wait this long to start affecting me like this? (If it really is just the pill)
May 29th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Well my period started this morning. So I guess that answers the pregnancy question
May 29th, 2013, 09:23 PM
'Cause I can't afford to live on my own yet, so I'm still on my parents' insurance...so he'd be the one paying for it and overseeing what our insurance pays for...he carefully watches where every penny of our money goes. Literally. My doctor even gave me my BCP for free 'cause she understands me not wanting him to know I'm on them, 'cause he'd see that the BCP went through our insurance if we had to pay for them.

Did that make any sense?
May 31st, 2013, 02:20 AM
At 17 I went onto the pill, not for bc but because I was going to Dominican Republic for a wedding an I wanted to be able to control my periods. All was fine until I had my week break and bam no period. Went to doc, not overly concerned, told me to wait a week and take a test. I had no pregnancy symptoms at all, I had cramps that felt like I was starting my period and my boobs were swollen like they usually would be before a period. So a week later took the test with the bf at the time; we are now seperated. And BFP! I was in shock and denial until I saw my boy on the ultra sound. I never had any pregnancy symptoms. Definitatly do the test! It may not been an ideal time; I know it certainly wasn't for me, my mum was not impressed! But once he was born everyone loved him and was so supportive and I couldn't be without him.

On the flip side of that I fell pregnant again about 18 months later and had to make the heartbreaking decision to terminate my pregnancy. It wasn't right for me and I was still with my little boys dad at the time and he was violent and took no interest in me or little one we already had. That time round I knew immediately I was pregnant, had awful nausea and dizziness. Was upsetting and scary but I know again that I made the right choice. (Apologies to all those that do not agree - I live with it everyday and will never forget)

I hope it all works out for you. Don't be afraid of either outcome. Also if you want to start planning you do need to move out of your dads place. Trust me having a baby and living with parents or inlaws is horrid

Last edited by frankie850; May 31st, 2013 at 02:30 AM.
May 31st, 2013, 08:44 AM
I know what you mean frankie850 and get where you're coming from. And I agree, but I won't start planning 'til next year in the fall, at the earliest. I'll have my degree next summer and I'll start working in the field of my major, which will help me out financially very much. Right now, we're just being careful and trying to keep me from getting pregnant. It's hard to wait, but I know waiting to try for a baby is the best thing for all of us right now, as hard as it is for me.

Tags
birth control pill , cramping , nausea , pregnancy , pregnancy test

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search