Pregnant? 2 missed periods...

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 06:45 PM
I think it's possible that I could be pregnant...but I'm not sure. I haven't had my period since March (March 6-12). I ovulated on March 21. I missed April completely, but I figured it was just because I started birth control in March. I should've ovulated on April 19, but I don't know since I never got my period. I ovulate on the 16th day of my cycle. Then this month, my period was supposed to start on Friday (May 3), and it never did. My birth control pill packet says that if I miss 2 or more periods in a row, I might be pregnant. I have a pregnancy test that I bought last month, but I'm too scared to take it yet.

I don't think I've had many pregnancy symptoms, though. Yeah I have been tired a lot, but I'm a full-time college student who also works part-time, so I figured that was the reason for my exhaustion. I've been cramping here and there for the past 2 months. Only my left breast is a bit tender, not my right. I've been really nauseous lately, but haven't thrown up or anything. And I've had a lot of headaches lately.

Sometimes I'll feel like I'm starting to get that period backache that I always get on my first day, but then it never turns into the full backache. Sometimes I'll get a pain down in my area, but it is not in my vagina; it's above it (not higher up in my body, but actually above the vagina, like in the womb area). It's not a regular cramp. Hmph I have no idea know how to explain it.

No increase in discharge, just the usual annoying amount. I haven't gained any more than a pound or 2 in the last 2 months. I mean I have felt a little heavier the last 2 months, but the scale doesn't show that I've gained much weight and I don't look any bigger when I look in the mirror. I haven't felt anything moving around in my tummy (though it's probably too early for that right now anyway). No bloating or extra gas. My breasts have not gotten any bigger (unfortunately). No cravings.

I haven't been any moodier than usual, but I've been a lot more emotional lately. I have been wanting sex a lot more lately though, I'm constantly trying to keep myself from jumping on my boyfriend, though he doesn't mind

I just don't know what to think right now. My dad would absolutely flip and yell at me, preach at me, probably make me feel like a tramp, etc. Yes I may be 20 years old, but I still live at home because I don't have the money to move out, and I can't imagine dealing with the hell he will put me through if I'm pregnant. I mean I'll be happy if I am, no matter what. I have always wanted to be a mother, as long as I can remember; but I know my dad will ruin it for me. My boyfriend said I can always move in with him and his grandparents if I can't live at home, so I'm not too worried about where to live.

If my period never comes this month, then I'll take the pregnancy test with my boyfriend (I don't wanna take it alone). Should I buy a 2nd one just in case the first one isn't right (like those false-negatives/false-positives)? Sorry I ramble a lot!

Last edited by Chely; May 5th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
May 6th, 2013, 01:07 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Early pregnancy often feels very much like before you are going to start your period. So it can be hard to know what is causing your aches and pains. You need to take the pregnancy test even if you are scared because you need some answers. If you are pregnant than avoiding the test it is not going to make the pregnancy go away. The sooner you know you are pregnant the better because you need to start seeing a doctor, start taking vitamins, and live a healthier lifestyle.

If you started birth control in March than why do you think you ovulated in March and April. The birth control should have made you NOT ovulate at all unless you missed some birth control than you may have possibly ovulated. If you are not pregnant than you should ask your doctor what she thinks could have caused your missed periods or if it could be the birth control to blame.

Get a pink dye pregnancy test. Answer or First response. If you are pregnant because of missing your period for two months than the test should be accurate. Good luck.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Ditto everything Nicole said.

Please let us know how it goes!

May 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole said it perfectly!

Let us know how it goes! Good Luck!

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014
May 6th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Nicole ~ View Post
If you started birth control in March than why do you think you ovulated in March and April. The birth control should have made you NOT ovulate at all unless you missed some birth control than you may have possibly ovulated. If you are not pregnant than you should ask your doctor what she thinks could have caused your missed periods or if it could be the birth control to blame.
Okay thank you. And I didn't know I couldn't ovulate on birth control...I wasn't taught anything about this stuff, so I have no idea how any of this works, which is why I feel so lost. I grew up super sheltered. I don't know when it's okay to take the test, how long I should wait, and all that. I've tried researching all this stuff but I just don't get it
May 6th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Hippielovelocks's Avatar Regular
Test that's the only way to know for sure. good luck.

Trying for our second Rainbow since April 2012

We don't know how strong we are until
being strong is the only choice we have.
Never Give Up Hope
May 6th, 2013, 12:39 PM
What kind of birth control are you on? did you miss any? If you took all your pills or have depo, IUD than you should not have ovulated at all and should not be pregnant. If you have pills or a patch and you missed birth control when you should have had it than you could have ovulated and possibly gotten pregnant.

Anytime you alter your hormones yours cycles can change. So it is possible your missed periods are due to your new birth control. There are some birth control pills that only cause you to have 4 periods a year. So I would ask you doctor if this is a side effect of your birth control. If you have a pregnancy test I would just take it now. If you have been on birth control all this time than chances are that you won't be pregnant and you will feel so much better getting a negative test.

Buy a 2 packs of pink dye tests. Take one now. Some people like to take then first thing in the morning. Take a second test a week later if you still don't get your period. Also contact your doctor to ask about your missed periods. They can also give you a pregnancy test.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 6th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Mad-Watter's Avatar Super Mommy
When I was on Yaz bc, I didn't have a period until went off of it. Sometimes you just don't get your AF with certain pills. I would still get PMS symptoms periodically without AF. I took HPTs every month to double check but never had a positive on a pill.

Thanks to *Vicki* for an AMAZING siggy

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths - Walt Disney

May 6th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Some BC can keep you from getting your AF at all. I think you need to test, if you get a negative, call your doctor and let them know what is going on, find out if you should still be getting AF even on the BC that you are on. If it's positive, call and make an OB appt. GOOD LUCK!!!

May 6th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
What kind of birth control are you on? did you miss any? If you took all your pills or have depo, IUD than you should not have ovulated at all and should not be pregnant. If you have pills or a patch and you missed birth control when you should have had it than you could have ovulated and possibly gotten pregnant.

Anytime you alter your hormones yours cycles can change. So it is possible your missed periods are due to your new birth control. There are some birth control pills that only cause you to have 4 periods a year. So I would ask you doctor if this is a side effect of your birth control. If you have a pregnancy test I would just take it now. If you have been on birth control all this time than chances are that you won't be pregnant and you will feel so much better getting a negative test.

Buy a 2 packs of pink dye tests. Take one now. Some people like to take then first thing in the morning. Take a second test a week later if you still don't get your period. Also contact your doctor to ask about your missed periods. They can also give you a pregnancy test.
I'm on Lo Loestrin Fe. It says that it shouldn't ever cause more than 1 missed period at a time. And there were two times or so when I was a few hours late taking it, but I never missed a day.

What's an AF? And an HTP? Lots of abbreviations I don't know. All I know is BC.
May 6th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
AF- aunt flo/period HPT-home pregnancy test. I don't know your type of BC but the only thing that is 100% is abstinence. It could be that since you are just starting out on your meds your cycle is just wacky. If you are indeed late, and not just adjusting a test should be accurate now. It might help for your own peace of mind to go ahead and pee on that sucker.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
May 7th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Being a few hours late should not cause your birth control to fail. You really need to get a test to find out one way or another. If you took all of your pills that you are probably not pregnant but why worry any longer than you need to. Go take a test and come back and tell us!
humnck and Chely like this.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I took the test last night with my boyfriend. It was negative I completely broke down. I mean I felt maybe 10% max of relief, the rest was just devastation. I really thought I was pregnant, and I was so excited...

He was mostly relieved I think 'cause we both know we're not ready yet, but I could tell he was a bit upset too 'cause he saw how devastated I was.

I called my mom and told her it was negative, and she was relieved but then she started crying 'cause I was crying. Man we're a pair She said it'll happen when it's meant to happen. I know she's right.

I asked both of them if I'm crazy for being upset, and they said no it's understandable. It's just that when I really thought, and felt, that I was pregnant...that I had a little life growing inside me...I just felt this love. A love that I've never felt before. I just feel crazy. How could I be so upset over something I never had?
May 9th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Sorry about your BFN. Maybe it is time to start thinking about taking the next step with your BF if you think you are ready to support yourselves and a little one. Not sure how old you are or anything. If your still young and not yet have good jobs than it is better to wait no matter how hard it is. Believe me I know, I started wanting kids at 16. Ended up pregnant at 18. Love my kids but wished we had waited until at least one of us finished college. Things did not get better financially until my DH finished college 8 years after our first child was born.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 9th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Sorry about your BFN. Maybe it is time to start thinking about taking the next step with your BF if you think you are ready to support yourselves and a little one. Not sure how old you are or anything. If your still young and not yet have good jobs than it is better to wait no matter how hard it is. Believe me I know, I started wanting kids at 16. Ended up pregnant at 18. Love my kids but wished we had waited until at least one of us finished college. Things did not get better financially until my DH finished college 8 years after our first child was born.
Yeah I mean we're both not ready yet, we know that. I'm almost 21 and he's almost a decade older than me. The only reason we're not both ready yet is 'cause we have a year left 'til we graduate with our degrees. We agreed that once we save up money for a little while after graduation, then we'll start trying. This was just unexpected, but I still wanted it to be positive so badly...

What's BFN? I have no idea what all these abbreviations are. Figured DH means dear husband?
May 10th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Good sounds like you two are heading in the right direction. I know the waiting is tuff but it will be here before you know it and the experience is so much better when you are really ready for it.

Feel free to hang out on JM boards anytime. there are also a waiting to try to conceive board and even non pregnancy/child related boards.

BFN is big fat negative - a negative pregnancy test

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 10th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I know how hard it is to wait, we waited until we were both done school (university) and had a stable job. I had baby fever BAD for about 2-3 years before we had our DD!

If you want, come on over to the Waiting to Try to Conceive board. I host over there (it's just a few boards below this one). It's a nice place to hang out while you're waiting to get pregnant. I'm waiting again for us to TTC (try to conceive) our next!

Stick around here at Just Mommies...you'll learn so much. By the time you're ready for kids, you'll know what to expect and be familiar will all the ins and outs!

May 10th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks y'all
May 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I have to say dont be so upset about 1.BFN as i didnt get a BFP until 4 months pregnant x
May 13th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Okay, so here is my story. I am 23 years old, married, and I came off birth control in January. Since coming off of birth control, my period has been anywhere from 5-8 days late. I got periods in January, February, and March, and they all were regular periods that lasted 4 days with heavy bleeding and cramping the first day and half to light bleeding for the rest of the days. My last period started March 8th, and ended on March 11th. I was supposed to get my period April 5th. It never came. A few days after I was supposed to get my period I started having occasional light cramping, that would come and go. Then I started getting brown discharge, when I wiped, and a very little in my underwear. The discharge finally went away after like a week, but the cramping never did. I still have the occasionally cramping. I really thought none of this, I just attributed it to, stress, and pressure of buying a home, and the fact that my period is a bit irregular since coming off the pill. My sister insisted I take a HPT. She said since my period has always been pretty regular, and its not here, and the fact I have brown discharge, and the cramping, that I need to test. Plus we have a good friend who is pregnant and she didn't test positive on the stick until she was almost 6 weeks along. I took two HPT within a few days of each other and both turned up negative. So, I waited another week for my period, before calling my OBGYN. He gave me a urine and blood test, and it all came back negative. He said it is plausible that I just missed a period. And he said that the brown discharge was probably just a "wacky period" I told him that my next period if it was on schedule, would be due in 5 days. I asked him when I should be concerned that I haven't gotten my period yet. He told me not to worry until I came back to him in 6-8 weeks for my annual exam. Its been two weeks since that exam, and I still haven't gotten my period. Just the occasional cramping. Does anyone have any advice? Should I wait that long to see my doctor again or make another appointment?

*I was supposed to get my next period on May 3rd

Tags
birth control pill , cramping , nausea , pregnancy , pregnancy test

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search