4 days late, positive opk, possible positive hpt.

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Hello there ladies. It is pretty late where I'm from, but I can't sleep! Why don't we get straight to it then? My last period was on April 4th. I had some pink spotting around the 12th that my gyn said could either be ovulation or stress. I took an ovulation test just to see and the second line was dark, but definitely not a positive. I figured I either already ovulated or would be soon. I am now four days late today. I took a clearblue ovulation test around six or seven in the afternoon because I had abunch left over and no pregnancy tests on hand. The second line came up straight away! It's about twice as dark as the control line. But I can't be ovulating right now. I'm almost a week late as it is! So I took another and the exact same thing! My husband got excited and pretty much cleaned Walmart out of all their pregnancy tests. I took a frer and an .88 cent test. Husband says he can't see anything, but I swear I see a very faint line on both! I took a third opk around two am and got the exact same result. I'm starting to really feel like this might be it. I might be pregnant! What do you ladies think?
WaitinginNJ likes this.
May 8th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Wow! Sounds really promising. The only other reason I can think that you'd get a +OPK would be that you're ovulating really late for some reason..but I'm guessing more towards pregnancy.

Make sure you take a pregnancy test first thing in the morning..that should give you a clear result.

Good luck and please keep us updated!

May 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Veteran
Ive known people to ovulate twice in a month. Do you have pic of test?
May 8th, 2013, 07:34 AM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes a photo would be great! Everything sounds very promising though. I hope you get a BFP with your next test!

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014
May 8th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Sounds good x
May 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I do but I don't know how to post them. Every time I try it tells me that I have to have 10 posts to do that. Sorry, I'm a little new to the site.
May 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, you need 10 posts, so 4 more, to post a picture. If you have an account like photobucket or so,etching like it you can copy the IMG code and paste it on a reply and it should show up once you have 10 posts.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

May 8th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittylittle View Post
Ive known people to ovulate twice in a month. Do you have pic of test?
You cannot ovulate at two different times during your cycle. You *can* release two eggs within a 24hour period though.
sethsgirl and bella88 like this.

May 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You could be ovulating late, or you could be pregnant, you need to post 4 more things so we can see that test

May 8th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
Wow! Sounds really promising. The only other reason I can think that you'd get a +OPK would be that you're ovulating really late for some reason..but I'm guessing more towards pregnancy.

Make sure you take a pregnancy test first thing in the morning..that should give you a clear result.

Good luck and please keep us updated!
I did take one this morning, as well as another opk. The opk was just as dark as the other tests when it was wet but it dried a little lighter. Still definitely a positive though! The hpt I took was an .88 cent one from Walmart. I'm saving the better ones for later. It looked negative to me, but I had only held my urine for an hour or two and when I came back later the entire test was smudged with ink so I think that one was a dud. I'm trying to hold my urine for a few hours to take another test. I kind of think this might be it though... I just wish I knew for sure!!

Last edited by KristinaEli; May 8th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
May 8th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarafko View Post
Yes a photo would be great! Everything sounds very promising though. I hope you get a BFP with your next test!
I will have a photo up ASAP!
humnck likes this.
May 8th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Alrighty ladies, here you are!

These are the ovulation tests. The far left was the one I took in the middle of the night. I hadn't held my urine for as long as I did with the others, and the ink spread a little weird on that one. The middle test and at right test are from a few hours earlier.

This pregnancy test Was taken last night.

I swear I can see the thinnest little squinter of a line here.

This is the frer. Again, I swear I can see a little line!

What do you think ladies??

I don't think those photos went through. :/ Here's a link directly to the album with all four photos. Hopefully this one works.

Mobile Photobucket
May 8th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Hippielovelocks's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
You cannot ovulate at two different times during your cycle. You *can* release two eggs within a 24hour period though.
You can ovulate twice in the same cycle I have.

Trying for our second Rainbow since April 2012

We don't know how strong we are until
being strong is the only choice we have.
Never Give Up Hope
May 8th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Any thoughts on the pictures?
May 9th, 2013, 01:17 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really not sure if I can see a line or not on the HPT. I would love to see a larger photo.

I also have an experience with getting + ovulation tests more than once in a single cycle. I used to BBT and use Ovulation tests at the same time. Even though we were not yet TTC I was trying to practice so I would be an expert with my cycles by time we did TTC. Well I had this happen a couple cycles where I got a undeniable + ovulation test but no ewcm and no temp rise. than about 10 days later I got another + ovulation test and this time also the ewcm and followed by a temp rise. Sure enough AF came 14 after the second + ovulation test and the ewcm. I always like to use a combination of things to determine ovulation. Right now I use ovulation tests and CM. But you could also used BBT and ovulation tests or BBT and CM. Whatever is easiest for you.

Did you have ewcm with the first + ovulation test or the second one? The one where you had ewcm is most likely the one that you really ovulated.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Nicole ~ View Post
I am really not sure if I can see a line or not on the HPT. I would love to see a larger photo.

I also have an experience with getting + ovulation tests more than once in a single cycle. I used to BBT and use Ovulation tests at the same time. Even though we were not yet TTC I was trying to practice so I would be an expert with my cycles by time we did TTC. Well I had this happen a couple cycles where I got a undeniable + ovulation test but no ewcm and no temp rise. than about 10 days later I got another + ovulation test and this time also the ewcm and followed by a temp rise. Sure enough AF came 14 after the second + ovulation test and the ewcm. I always like to use a combination of things to determine ovulation. Right now I use ovulation tests and CM. But you could also used BBT and ovulation tests or BBT and CM. Whatever is easiest for you.

Did you have ewcm with the first + ovulation test or the second one? The one where you had ewcm is most likely the one that you really ovulated.
I had a little EWCM earlier in the month as well as pink spotting. I know I already ovulated. I'm just confused about what this is.
May 9th, 2013, 09:24 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know ovulation tests can be tricky. When I used the first response line ovulation tests they would constantly give me positives when IC ovulation tests were giving me negatives. Try reading reviews on the brand of ovulation test you used and see if people have problems with them.

If you feel like the ovulation tests are giving you false results complain to the company and ask for a refund or replacement coupon. Most companies do this if you are unhappy with their product.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 9th, 2013, 10:20 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I see a line in one of the pics, but its hard to tell since its so tiny! Keep testing and hopefully you'll see a dark line there

May 10th, 2013, 09:11 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
OPKs look positive (at least the middle one does). The tests are pretty small, I can't really see anything on them.

I'll definitely be following your posts as I got a near +OPK a week after I was close to 100% sure that I ovulated. Neg PG tests though, and AF isn't late.

Fingers crossed that you will get a BFP!
May 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I see a slight line in the 3rd pic. But, they are very tiny. I would test a couple of days after that one and see what happens, I wouldn't waste time and money on testing every day if you can stand the wait

Tags
am i pregnancy , late period , ovulation test , pregnancy test

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search