Irregular Periods Driving Me Crazy and thoughts

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
I never realized how much of a pain not having regular periods and not regularly charting them either was until TTC. I'm on Day 22 of my cycle and I have no idea when AF is due. My cycles have gone from 23 to 32 days although I suppose 25-28 is the most common. I've taken a few HPT over the last week or so, including on this morning (was REALLY hoping for a BFP on Mother's Day ) but no such luck, not even a faint line. I am not positve on my O date but I would guess 12-14DPO. I would have thought I'd have a positive by now if I was pregnant but I know it does say they are most accurate AFTER missed period.

I've been reading a lot and my understanding is that the luteal phase of our cycle is fairly regular for everyone and it's the first part that alters in length. If the luteal phase is generally 14 days, that would put my AF due today or one of the next two days (since I'm not sure on O day).

I guess I will just wait to see if AF shows up and if it hasn't by weeks end, try another test?? I don't know. I don't want to waste tests put I can't see this being a long cycle when I am pretty sure I Oed early.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
May 13th, 2013, 01:11 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should start using ovulation tests to see when you O. This makes things much easier when TTC and to know when you are really late.

Some of your cycles are really short which could mean a LP defect which is not good if you are TTC. I am not saying that this is necessarily what you have but you should try to see if there is a cause for your short cycles. You know just to be on the safe side. If you use an ovulation test than you will know which day you ovulated on and how many days your LP was.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 13th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
I've been going through the fertility friend website so I can start charting my next cycle and I've been going through their tutorial/course.

It says that OPK only tell you that ovulation is imminent, not that you actually did ovulate. I guess your body can gear up to ovulate but not actually do it. Only your BBT can say whether you ovulated for sure. I'm going to try charting my BBT next cycle.

I will keep in mind what you said and hopefully charting will show me more about my chart. It's just frustrating.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
May 13th, 2013, 01:18 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well if you ovulation test and BD the day you get a positive ovulation test than you have highest chance of getting pregnant. Most people who get a positive ovulation test every cycle do in fact ovulate but if you really want to make sure you can BBT as well. I did this for about 6 months and I was convinced that I was ovulating so it was not worth the effort to keep BBTing.

If I was having any cycles less than 27 days I would look more into it. I think it is a good idea you are trying to see when you ovulate. If you find that you have a LP less than 12 days after using BBT or ovulation tests see your doctor.

I went through a period of time of irregular cycles. What I found helped was taking vitamins, getting on a better sleep schedule, and eating really healthy. Now my cycles are no more than a day or two different every cycle and I have a nice long LP of 14-15 days.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 13th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Well if that might help that's good as I have been eating healthier, getting more sleep etc. Thanks.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
May 14th, 2013, 06:05 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Quote:
Originally Posted by callista83 View Post
I guess your body can gear up to ovulate but not actually do it.
Sure can. That's how I got pregnant. We were NTNP, and I was checking my cervix because I too have irregular periods, and everything pointed to ovulation. I told my DH and he said let's wait a little bit yet. Okay, but we dtd the next week and 5 weeks later on Thanksgving I found out we were expecting. If you haven't read up or tried, try checking your cervix... Because I did, if I would taken the signs seriously, I would have known sooner. I was getting the hang of everything and then boom, it all happened.

I also want to share that because of my irregular periods, it took us 6mos to conceive but if I wouldn't have gotten pregnant, I would have only had 2 periods.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search