New to this, not sure about anything...

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I have no idea about anything going on right now and didn't read through other posts, so I'm sorry if I am re-asking a question that has been asked over and over.

I've missed my period by an entire week at this point. Everything points to I may be pregnant from what I've told my friends, but I took a test two days ago and it said it was negative.

This is what I've noticed so far:

-Urination 10-12 times a day. (I can usually go a whole day with peeing maybe 3 times.)
-I'm a week late.
-My boobs don't hurt like they do during PMS, but they feel heavy.
-I'm constantly sleeping, as soon as I lay down I'm out. (I've always had troubles sleeping)
-I've had spotting for the past three days, but when I get my period... She makes quite the entrance.
-I often feel the urge that I need to use the rest room, but I don't actually have to go.
-I had a wicked migraine for two days, similar to a hang over with really bad nausea (I hadn't drank for a week at that point)

I don't know if maybe it's just my nerves or I should try testing again in a couple days? I don't know if I tested being 4 days late if that is a definite negative. I also don't know because I tested at night and people have told me I should first thing in the morning...

I just need some advice... I'm very confused and scared if I am, I don't know what else to do because I'm embarrassed to go to the doctor.

Last edited by MassStargazer; May 15th, 2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: other symptom
May 15th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Definitely test first thing in the morning.

Your symptoms do sound like pregnancy symptoms, but many other hormonal imbalances can cause the same problems.

Are you or have you been on hormonal birthcontrol lately? Are your cycles usually regular? Are you really stressed out lately?

And don't be embarrassed about seeing the doctor if your period doesn't show, they see it all the time Some of your other symptoms make me wonder if you might have a UTI if you aren't pregnant.

May 15th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I'm very regular. I've never been more than 1-2 days late. I got my first UTI about two months ago, so I don't think it is a UTI... It doesn't feel the same. Should I wait a couple more days to test in the morning? Or would it have to show up after this long?
May 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
At 4 days late, you should get a pretty accurate result. Test first thing in the morning, just in case. Some women don't get BFP's(big fat positive) until they're a few days late. I was about 4 days late before I got a BFP.

Even the most regular cycles can have a hiccup occasionally. It might be possible that you ovulated late for whatever reason, so that is why your period hasn't come yet.

Good luck and keep us updated!

May 15th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Will do, and thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search