AF two weeks late, BFP on blue dye, BFN on red dye, MAD!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Regular
?.....

Last edited by kfoley1215; February 19th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.
May 27th, 2013, 02:33 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you're going through this, it souds very frustrating. I never trust blue dye tests. At this point if I were you I would just go in for blood work and ask the doctor what is going on if you don't have pcos anymore. If they do a beta and it's negative they can give you a medication to start your period. I hope you get some answers soon!

I just saw it says your daughter was born August of last year, are you breastfeeding? If so that can cause you to not have a period even if you've had your first post pregnancy period. And if you aren't breastfeeding it could sill be that your body isn't completely back to normal from having a baby less than a year ago.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

Last edited by sethsgirl; May 27th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
May 27th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get answers soon. I hate blue dye tests. I only ever use the cheap ones and then frer. I would maybe ask your doctor for a blood test

[/url]
May 27th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Sorry I can't be of much help. I've never used a blue dye test, not purposely, just not the brands I buy. I guess a blood test wouldn't hurt to clear things up.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
May 27th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsgirl View Post
Sorry you're going through this, it souds very frustrating. I never trust blue dye tests. At this point if I were you I would just go in for blood work and ask the doctor what is going on if you don't have pcos anymore. If they do a beta and it's negative they can give you a medication to start your period. I hope you get some answers soon!

I just saw it says your daughter was born August of last year, are you breastfeeding? If so that can cause you to not have a period even if you've had your first post pregnancy period. And if you aren't breastfeeding it could sill be that your body isn't completely back to normal from having a baby less than a year ago.
I breastfed her for as long as I could - about three months. I work full time and I didn't respond to the pump so I dried up quicker than I wanted. I understand BFing can cause you not to have a period. I did have them throughout the BFing, though. I had my 4 or so weeks of bleeding right after giving birth, then a pause, and then I went right on to have normal periods.

I think at this point I'm going to wait a little while and then see my doc about manually starting my period. :/ it's so frustrating! Hubby and I wanted our kids to be close in age like he is with his siblings.

May 27th, 2013, 07:54 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand the frustration, it took us 15 months of TTC to concieve our first. Our second was a mini pill baby and this baby it took us about 6 months of TTC. I hope you get your BFP soon!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

May 27th, 2013, 07:55 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
have you tested again?

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
May 28th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I am so sorry you are going through this rollercoaster! I agree that maybe a doctor's visit is needed. Maybe a blood test to confirm no pregnancy?

Those blue dye tests are evil...and I don't know how they are still no the market!

Good luck. I really hope you get a for-sure BFP soon!

June 1st, 2013, 08:21 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginNJ View Post
have you tested again?
Yes, two Dollar Store tests that came up positive after the wait limit :/ so annoying! Still experiencing cramps pretty much daily, feeling bloated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
I am so sorry you are going through this rollercoaster! I agree that maybe a doctor's visit is needed. Maybe a blood test to confirm no pregnancy?

Those blue dye tests are evil...and I don't know how they are still no the market!

Good luck. I really hope you get a for-sure BFP soon!
I know, right? I've read about women getting for-sure BFPs when they weren't pregnant. I only used them because it was really late and the only place open was the 24/7 grocery store and they only had those in stock (and not to mention I only had $10 on me, lol).

I think I'm gonna wait it out. I'm just hoping for AF at this point because I'm so aggravated. In the meantime, I'm taking vitamins and doing the healthy thing just in case.

Tags
answer , blue dye , late af , late period , pcos

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search