Am I Pregnant again at 8 weeks PP? ***UPDATE - 9dpo test, opinions?***

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 10:24 AM
So I had DD2 almost 8 weeks ago. I bled for about 3 weeks, stopped for a week, a week later I got my first period, and that lasted about 4 days (Im not BF). That following Monday I began Gildess FE 1/20. DH and I DTD the same day I started the BC (which was 10 days into my cycle). He didn't pull out and when I went to the bathroom to try and get it out (TMI, sorry!) nothing came out. Later that day I had a glob of clear (semi-brown tint, almost like old blood), very stretchy "fluid" hanging out about 3in (TMI again, so sorry!). That night I had twinges that I at the time attributed to gas because I didn't think it was time to ovulate. Could my "O" be off and come early due to recently giving birth? Now I am having PG symptoms, exhaustion, nausea that comes in waves- smells making me sick, dull cramping 6 days after this, tender breasts off and on. I also had a bunch of lotion-like CM 3 days after this bathroom episode (when I should have Od). Im just confused, could that have been EWCM and could these symptoms be from the BC or could I actually be pregnant again so soon? Like I said I am not BF. (Note- I took Loestrin FE in high school with no side effects)

***UPDATE***

So I took a test last night at what I was assuming was 8dpo based on the CM and twinges I was feeling that night and it was stark white BFN.

This morning I woke up and took another test after holding all night at what would be 9dpo (if I am right) and this is what I got.

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #136462 | Countdown to Pregnancy

Am I seeing things?

Last edited by M-A-momma; June 5th, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
June 4th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You could most definitely be pregnant, and I have heard that right after you have a baby you are super fertile, because everything is still "open".

How many DPO are you now?? OMG! Keep us posted!

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
June 4th, 2013, 10:57 AM
If I did ovulate on that day I would be 8dpo today! I'm confused about whether or not AF would come on time or early if I ovulated early, any idea?

If I hadn't just started the pill I would say definitely no doubt I am pregnant, but because the pill sometimes has side effects I am so confused and I'm not sure if that's what I am experiencing. From what I have gathered the nausea from the pill usually comes after taking it and subsides after a bit. My nausea comes in waves and is triggered by smell..can the pill do that? I never got sick with this brand, I did with yaz and even that was only right after I took it for a few hours..
June 4th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
It's possible to get pregnant that soon. I think BC needs time to work so having sex the day you start it, you are not protected yet. Also after ejaculation, squeezing some out into the toilet does NOT mean you won't get pregnant. You are squeezing out mostly semen, the sperm would mostly still be inside you. The glob coming out later could have been more semen or it could have been EWCM.

Even if you Oed the day you say you were supposed to, having sex 3 days before, you can still get pregnant. Do you chart? Or are you going based on a typical cycle of when you should O?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-momma View Post
If I did ovulate on that day I would be 8dpo today! I'm confused about whether or not AF would come on time or early if I ovulated early, any idea?
8DPO would be a bit early to test, it is possible to get a positive that early but not likely. Plus like I said above while you were typing this, if you Oed 3 days later, you would definitely be too early to test.

Usually the time from period start day to ovulation changes more wildly. Your luteal phase (LP) is between O and period and is constant for each woman. They are between 11-16 days on average with 14 being the most average. So your period would be due 11-16 days after you Oed.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014

Last edited by callista83; June 4th, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
June 4th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I know that the pill takes time to take effect, and we should have been more cautious, but DH got a little carried away and going to the bathroom was my last ditch effort, albeit senseless, I had to do something. I was thinking it was semen but from what I have read semen doesn't stretch 3in without breaking? and DH's usually comes out more liquified.

I don't chart or temp, this was based on my regular 28 day cycle. But I guess I can't say definitively when I ovulate because I never looked for it. I suppose I could be early every time?
June 4th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know about the birth control side effects vs pregnancy symptoms?
June 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know they can be similar. I'm not sure if BC side effects would be triggered by increased smell though. I know everytime I take birth control, I throw up the same day. But, I don't really take birth control because I hate the way it feels. I also don't think BC causes exhaustion. Everyone is different though

You should buy some $ store pregnancy tests and try testing. You will most likely get a false neg if you are preg, but some have gotten early positives. Especially if the symptoms you are feeling are related to pregnancy, then chances of your test being + are higher.

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
June 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Would you feel sick shortly after and then throw up or would you feel completely fine then suddenly feel the urge to vomit (like with morning sickness?).

I have a friend who finally got her BFP in April after a year of trying and she is going to bring me her left over Wondfo strips tomorrow so I can test Thursday with FMU.

Im scared and feel like a complete moron for not being more cautious, but although I never had a problem getting pregnant, Im not like insanely fertile either. DD1 was conceived after we had been married for 9 months and didn't use birth control, only used the pull out method and tried to steer clear of the week before the middle of my cycle. We tried for her and got it the first time by dtd at 13, 14, 15 days into my cycle (that said Im sure we dtd before that too, as we were newlyweds lol, so maybe I do O early always). And then after she was born we did the same pull out and steer clear of the week leading up to mid-cycle and that was perfectly effective until DD1 was 15 months then came DD2, she was unplanned and happened on a month when I just started working again and we had only dtd once and Im pretty sure it was right at the beginning of my cycle.

So I thought I had it figured out but I guess clearly I don't know my body as well as I thought :\ Maybe that would explain why I have two girls? I O early so by dtd at the beginning of my cycle I am actually doing it prime time for girl sperm?
June 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Birth control does a number on your hormones so anything is possible. You are extremely fertile after giving birth as well.

You could be adjusting to your BC, have you called your doctor?

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
June 4th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
First I wanted to say I hope you don't feel bad because I mentioned BC not working right away, I just wanted to make sure you realized that. I've had an oopsie a few times, it happens. Also I know nothing about BC symptoms so I'll skip that question.

I did want to comment on this quote though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-momma View Post
Would you feel sick shortly after and then throw up or would you feel completely fine then suddenly feel the urge to vomit (like with morning sickness?).
I had "morning" sickness with all three kids that lasted 5 months and I needed to take medication for. I was always nauseous and often threw up. For me at least, it was not a come out of nowhere thing. You could be having heartburn too.

If you are not pregnant this cycle, you might want to consider charting, even if it's just for a few months to get a better idea of what your cycles are REALLY like. I'm finding it very interesting.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
June 4th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginNJ View Post
Birth control does a number on your hormones so anything is possible. You are extremely fertile after giving birth as well.

You could be adjusting to your BC, have you called your doctor?
That's what I was thinking, but I just wondered too if it would start so soon? I mean wouldn't the hormones need time to build up in my system before I felt side effects?

I did call my doctor and they basically told me to keep taking them until or unless I get a BFP then to call again. lol..OK..
June 4th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callista83 View Post
First I wanted to say I hope you don't feel bad because I mentioned BC not working right away, I just wanted to make sure you realized that. I've had an oopsie a few times, it happens. Also I know nothing about BC symptoms so I'll skip that question.

I did want to comment on this quote though:

I had "morning" sickness with all three kids that lasted 5 months and I needed to take medication for. I was always nauseous and often threw up. For me at least, it was not a come out of nowhere thing. You could be having heartburn too.

If you are not pregnant this cycle, you might want to consider charting, even if it's just for a few months to get a better idea of what your cycles are REALLY like. I'm finding it very interesting.

I was just thinking I was going to do that. I feel like I might be assuming one thing and my body is doing another. My husband is a namesake so we would like to have a boy, and knowing my cycle would really help so we can time it better.

I had only very mild nausea with my first, with my last I was sick until 17 weeks. My OB did prescribe me Zofran, but I am too paranoid about drugs in pregnancy and so I decided to tough it out. That "morning sickness" was pretty constant throughout the day most days, but some days I was extremely sensitive to smells and that's when I would get sick suddenly- that's what I was referring to.

I guess to rephrase my question to Leonara, is it the kind of nausea/vomiting you get when say..you take a vitamin on an empty stomach, or was it more of an all day thing?
June 5th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I added a link for a picture.
June 5th, 2013, 09:35 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I see a line but can't tell if its pink or not. Looks like it might be a BFP.

June 5th, 2013, 09:40 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I see a line and it does . Look pink to me

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
June 5th, 2013, 09:45 AM
After I inverted it.

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #136472 | Countdown to Pregnancy
June 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
There's a line without a doubt!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

June 5th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Is my inverted picture not showing?

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #136472 | Countdown to Pregnancy
June 5th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Looks positive to me, it's faint but 9DPO is still quite early. !!

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
June 5th, 2013, 10:42 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I see the line too. I would say take another in a day or two and if it's positive (which it looks like it to me) it should be a little darker.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search