Pregnant?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Amazing Mommy
I haven't posted on this board in a long time and I've missed it. I'm also apart of another board and was posting on it until last year. DH and I had been TTC for nearly 2 years with no luck. I was charting, using OPKs, taking all the supplements etc and still nothing. I gave up. I was beyond stressed and fed up emotionally.

I got a new family doc at the beginning of this year because I got tired of all the others not listening to me and my concerns. I've always had problems with high blood pressure since I hit puberty, a lot of people on my dad's side of the family have the same problem. Anyway, my new doc listened to me and finally put me on blood pressure medication, did an ultrasound of my heart etc and didn't tell me I'm too young for medication or too young to have those kinds of problems and blah blah. He put me on blood pressure med that is safe during pregnancy since DH and I don't use any kind of BC. It's been working very well and I feel absolutely great. I've lost 15lbs and hope to keep losing more, I never lost the baby weight from having DS. My new doc and I have awesome plans for my health!

OK so here we are finally...

My LMP was May 21st and my cycles are usually 27 days. DH and I have DTD all throughout my cycle and I know for a fact we DTD on CD 13 because I checked my calender before I called my ob/gyn office to schedule a check up exam. I'm not sure when I ovulated so I have no idea if I even ovulated on CD 14. Right now, I'm on CD 31 according to my calender with no AF in sight. On CD 22 I had a VERY small amount of brown blood in my cervical mucus ONCE then on CD 24 I had a VERY small amount of light pink blood in my cervical mucus ONCE, both only happened when I wiped after peeing.

I took two hpts last night, both were positives. But the thing is, I sent DH to get the tests and he got the walgreens +/- blue dye tests. I've read a lot of people don't like using blue dye tests because of false positives. I did not use FMU with either test but I held my pee for a few hours before taking the second test. Both positives came up very dark within seconds of dipping the tip into the urine.
Anyway, do you think I should believe the positives or maybe go buy some different tests just to be sure before calling my doc and scheduling an appointment?

I don't have any of my usual pms symptoms. I've having the same symptoms I had when I was pregnant with DS.
What do you guys think??
June 20th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
First of all I'm glad to hear that you finally have a doctor that is listening to you and your blood pressure and health are getting the attention they need. Secondly it definitely sounds like you have implantation bleeding on cycle day 24 and 26. If you took two blue dye tests And they both have a dark line as opposed to a very faint off-center, thin line
Then it sounds very possible that those are true positives. Is it possible for you to post a picture of your test so we can see them? I hope They are true positives for you! Good luck!

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
June 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Amazing Mommy
Hopefully I am attaching this link from photobucket correctly. It's been years since I've used photobucket.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/...psc902e8ea.jpg

The one on top was taken first. The one on bottom was taken a few hours later. I think maybe I'll buy a couple more of a different kind with pink dye while DS and I are out doing our shopping before we leave for our beach vacation Saturday. If those show positive too, I will be calling my doctor tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone trying and waiting!! It's so frustrating sometimes!
June 20th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
They look like true positives to me, but I would definitely get pink dye tests to back that up So exciting!

And yay for a great doctor that pays attention to you!

June 20th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
That looks very very positive.

Congratulations and a very HH9M!

[/URL]Renee
June 20th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I have seen false positives on Blue dye tests but never ones that looked like that! If it were me and those were my tests I would go with BFP! Congrats (although I still would probably take a red test to be sure) Congrats again!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

June 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Amazing Mommy
Thanks for the great replies everyone! I picked up some pink dye tests at wally world after DS and I left the mall. The Answer tests that come 2 in a box. I think I'm in shock and DH keeps asking me if it's real. After all this time, after giving up...we finally got 3 BFPs! I don't think the fact that it's real has set in yet and I'm praying it's a sticky bean!

Here's a pic with all 3 tests, it looks like blue dye tests were accurate for me this go 'round and the pink dye test...there's no squinting or any kind of guess work as to whether or not there's two lines!!
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87d2dae0.jpg
June 20th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy

My Ovulation Chart
June 20th, 2013, 03:17 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
Good for u!! Those tests look beautiful. Lots of prayers your way mamma.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search