What could it be?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Hello all, and thank you in advance for all of your help.

I have a bit of a tricky situation, since my periods are so irregular. I only get my period every 2 or 2.5 months. For example, this year, I've only had 3 periods so far. The last one began on May 19th and lasted about 5 days.

On May 29th, I had protected sex. Pregnancy never even crossed my mind, but around 2 weeks later, I began to have very sore breasts. Normally this only happens when I am expecting my period. But since I just had a cycle in May, I knew that was not the cause and began to worry.

On June 13th, I had an episode of pretty bad, uncomfortable cramping. A couple of years ago, I had 2 or 3 episodes of extremely painful cramps, completely unrelated to my period, which I am assuming were cysts. This time wasn't as bad, but bad enough that I kind of crawled up into a ball (any movement made the pain worse), took some Aleve, and fell asleep.

Since then, I've been experiencing some early pregnancy symptoms. The sore breasts have persisted, along with headaches, light cramping, tiredness, moodiness. But other than the light cramping and sore breasts, the other symptoms could be for a variety of reasons.

Yesterday and today I took HPTs. Both negative. I don't have an upcoming period to base my testing on, but 3 weeks after intercourse, should my results be accurate? Can I trust that I am not pregnant or should I continue testing? Also, with my cycles so irregular, is it even possible that I could have ovulated so soon after my period and have become pregnant? Instead, could these symptoms be caused by cysts? (I've read something like that.)

I know I have a lot of questions, I am just so confused! Thank you all again.
June 20th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Amazing Mommy
I'm not sure if all of the symptoms could be caused by cysts. I don't know much about ovarian cysts.

If it were me, I'd continue testing. If you're still getting negatives and no AF, you could schedule an appt with your dr if you're still worried?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search