Ladies I really need your help on this one...

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2013, 05:30 PM
I was due for my period a few days ago and took a pregnancy test this morning. It was one of the expensive digital ones and it said "Pregnant" after I used my first morning urine as a testing agent. My last period ended around June 5th and I had unprotected sex on June 14th. Which calendars online say I was ovulating that day, the day before and after!

The guy that I had sex with has been a long time friend of mine and it was definitely something unplanned, but he told me he did not ejaculate inside of me and claims "he didn't finish at all." I have not had sex since him nor before him. I had speculations the next morning when I literally felt like his ejaculation was "oozing" out of me. He once again reassured me he did not and this is why I never went and got a Plan B pill or anything to prevent it.

I have had dental surgery recently and they gave me Halcion (Triazolam) to take an hour before the surgery on the 25th of June to help ease my fear. It was only one pill and since then all I have taken is some Ibuprofen and a few Vicodin which I haven't been taking anything for the last few days. I also use some prescribed mouth rinses from the dentist. I am going through a lot of dental work and was just wondering if any of these could of contributed to that positive pregnancy test this morning? I plan on taking another one tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone is more knowledgable than I am on the matter. Google is only answering so much...I need first hand experience! Please don't judge...I realize my mistakes and am woman enough to own up to them and take responsibility for what is happening here. Abortion is NOT an option.
June 29th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Veteran
If dude was the only one, he's the only one and he IS the father! Any sex where sperm is present can result in pregnancy...
June 29th, 2013, 07:48 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
Id say yea ur prego. An tell ol boy his pre cum can get u prego it dont matter if he didnt finish. Good luck. An lots of prayers ur way.

Also dont take any more ibprophen take Tylenol
June 29th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Super Mommy
I'd say your pregnant. You even got a pregnant on a test. If he is the only one you had sex with, HE IS the father. It doesn't matter if he finished or not. Unprotected sex leads to pregnancy. Pre-Cum still contains sperm... It's a small amount though but it only takes one sperm to make a baby! Good-luck and best wishes.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
June 29th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie23 View Post
I'd say your pregnant. You even got a pregnant on a test. If he is the only one you had sex with, HE IS the father. It doesn't matter if he finished or not. Unprotected sex leads to pregnancy. Pre-Cum still contains sperm... It's a small amount though but it only takes one sperm to make a baby! Good-luck and best wishes.
This exactly Even just a tiny bit can have sperm can lead to a baby. And if the digital test said your pregnant, you are! I know it's unplanned but no baby is a mistake. Keep us updated!
June 30th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Well I took another test, still an EPT but this time a line one not a digital one. It was positive, I didn't even use first morning urine. The weird thing is I feel like my period is about to come any moment with all these weird feelings going on. I am still going to the doctor on Monday for a blood test and I will take another test later today. I still am thinking the meds from before are causing a false positive, specifically, the Triazolam.
June 30th, 2013, 03:20 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
You can look up and see if your meds would cause a false positive but digi's are not super sensitive and if I was a betting woman I'd bet you are pregnant. Pre-ejaculate is a tricky thing. It's a common misconception that it can get you pregnant but it actually doesn't contain sperm. The only way pre-ejaculate can get you pregnant is if you have sex, he doesn't pee or wash in any way and you immediately have sex again. In that scenario the semen from the ejaculation of the first time mixes with the pre-ejaculate of the second time and boom. That info plus the description if his stuff coming out of you the next day makes it pretty obvious that he is lying to you and that is not ok. After you get confirmation I would definitely confront him about that. Best of luck to you!

June 30th, 2013, 03:40 AM
So does that mean digital tests require a higher amount of HCG to show up with the word "Pregnant"?

I have researched it online, there is nothing that says Halcion/Triazolam specifically is a medication that could alter a pregnancy test but there are a few sites I found that said tranquilizers and/or sleep medications could. I am not sure if they're referring to them in the sense that you take them regularly or just once before a surgery like I did. I already read up online that the Vicodin wouldn't give a false positive. I think the initial use for Triazalom is for people who have difficulties sleeping so this might fall into that category and may be the cause of all these positive tests. I am very ansty, nervous, scared and overwhelmed. If this is just a false positive, I am stressing for nothing. I don't know how I am going to maintain my sanity while I await for the blood results after Monday. I wish they could just go straight for an ultrasound so I could get an immediate answer....btw, is that possible?
June 30th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
The only drugs that can alter a home pregnancy test are those that contain levels of HCG, the hormone that Is present in your bloodstream when you become pregnant and the component returns the pregnancy test positive. Digital tests are far less sensitive than regular line test. Normally most women, not all, but most will only get a positive digital pregnancy test after their period Has already been missed. Because you received a positive on more than one test, I am leaning towards the fact that you are indeed pregnant. You definitely need to confront the guy that you were with. He claims he did not ejaculate at all, especially inside of you, however nothing "oozes" out if nothing is there. I think he lied to you. Well, obviously he lied to you. What would be his reasoning for not being honest with you? Let's for the sake of humility we say that he was telling the truth and he did not ejaculate inside of you. You can still get pregnant. I know there's a controversy on whether pre-ejaculate can get you pregnant or not but there are many women, including myself, who has become pregnant using the pullout method. With the pullout method the Man does not ejaculate inside of you but rather finishes on the outside nowhere near your vagina. Any sex that is unprotected can result in the pregnancy. You said that you were feeling Crampy and as though you are about to start your period. In the very early weeks of pregnancy that is totally normal. Often times many women will not even consider that they may be pregnant because they feel as though the cycle is about to begin. I think it's a good idea to go to doctor and get a blood test done to Confirm the pregnancy and get an idea of just how far along you are. How you choose to handle the situation is up to you. I noticed in your original post you said that abortion is not an option, so it seems as though you already have a thought in mind of how you want to handle it. Good for you for being strong Enough to make some decisions already and I hope you keep us updated And let us know how you're doing. We are here to listen and to help.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
June 30th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Well I took another one this morning...I don't know why. I guess in hopes that a negative would magically appear? It didn't, it turns positive so ridiculously fast...is that normal? I will be at medical early tomorrow morning to have this partially confirmed and by the end of Monday or early Tuesday I should get a confirmation from a doctor.
June 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I also did read that halcion/triazolam can cause urinary retention and irregular menstrual cycles. Although I am definitely not having any urinary retention I still think this is the culrprit deep inside. I am going to stop by the CVS pharmacy today to see if a pharmacist can maybe let me know if this medication is known to cause this before I invest in a fourth test!
June 30th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
If the tests are getting darker and the lines appearing quicker, that is because your hcg level is rising. You said you took the halcion one time in the 25th an hour before dental surgery, right? Since then only ibuprofen and Vicodin. The gal ion is well out if your system, and has been for days. That is not causing your positive tests. If it "could" you would have had to be taking it all along. Ibuprofen and Vicodin definitely do not cause false positives on hpt's. I strongly feel you are pregnant. Your tests are getting darker lines and the are all positive. A blood test will know for sure but in sure a simple urine test at the doctor will confirm this. I do advise that until you have confirmation, you should stop taking all medications except Tylenol if you need a pain med. the others could be harmful to a developing fetus. Good luck Hun!

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
June 30th, 2013, 08:12 AM
AshMama2Ava's Avatar Super Mommy
Although a medication may cause irregular periods it would not put HCG in your body. The HCG is what the tests are reading.

They get darker the higher the HCG levels in your body rise. The fact that they are getting darker the more you are doing would say that you are definitely pregnant.
Iluvmybabies* likes this.

My big little monkey Ava.
June 30th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are completely pregnant. Digitals take a bit to get positive readings so I would say you are very much pregnant.

June 30th, 2013, 12:42 PM
gmtejese's Avatar Expecting Number 4 :)
Send a message via AIM to gmtejese Send a message via Yahoo to gmtejese
Honey, if you've taken three tests so far, one of them a digital and the ALL read pregnant, YOUR PREGNANT!

A digital is way less sensitive than a pink or blue dye test could ever hope to be so that means that your HCG is rising. No medication would cause your HCG to rise like that. Most false-positives appear on one test only, not three consecutive ones taken some time apart.

I took five tests with this pregnancy and they all came up positive, didn't even have to wait for the time limit, the plus sign showed up immediately. Here I am, almost 11 weeks along.
June 30th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Yeah there is really no meds that produce HCG except HCG so you are every much pregnant!!!!!!
gmtejese likes this.
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

July 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Carrie
Update?

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

July 1st, 2013, 05:44 PM
Hi ladies I wasn't able to go today to get a dr confirmation bc I'm in the military and get only do pregnancy testing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so tomorrow at 9am I will be getting tested. I was told my blood results will be available that day, anyone know how long typically? I haven't tested today I'm wondering if I should grab a dollar tree test but I did do a fourth test yesterday and it was positive super fast. This is all so overwhelming I'm dying for an answer that's definite. I will keep you updated!
July 1st, 2013, 06:57 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
Well, you have one answer that's definite: you are pregnant. Blood test tomorrow will confirm that.

The answer that is more elusive, and may not be definite for a while, is "where do I/we go from here?" If this guy has been a friend, I hope you can discuss this as adults. His denying that he, ah, deposited anything is I think a defense mechanism.

Your mind must be spinning right now! Wish there was something else I could say/do!

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
July 1st, 2013, 07:08 PM
Well I mean how do we know for sure I am pregnant? False positives can happen right? I did speak with him and he said he will be there and take care of the kid if I am pregnant because I told him abortion is not something I personally agree with. We However have no Intentions of dating or being with each other so seeing my future as a single parent and being in a sea going military service I can't help but be worried.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search