Am I pregnant? I am going crazy waiting to find out!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hi all,

I am new here. But I am going crazy waiting the 2 weeks to find out if I am pregnant.

I thought it would be good to get everyone's opinion here to see if you guys think maybe I am. I am 30 years old and have been TTC with my boyfriend for the past several months with no luck. This month I used the Clear Blue Easy digital ovulation kit. I have been typically having 31-33 day cycles since getting off the pill a year ago, however, some have been slightly longer or shorter in length, so I thought it would be a good idea to use an OPK. I started my last menstrual period on June 6th. I got a happy face on the Clear Blue OPK on June 21st. My boyfriend and I had sex on June 22nd (which I believe was ovulation day for me). I wish we had before ovulation as well, but neither of us had been feeling well in the days before ovulation. So unfortunately I think the 22nd is the only possible day I could have conceived. Only possible symptoms so far are some cramping today, including lower back cramps and a lot more cervical mucus than usual. Also, I seem to be a lot more tired than usual.

I am now 9 days past ovulation and I took a First Response test earlier this evening and it was a very clear negative. I know it was probably much too early, but it kind of got me discouraged since I saw at least a few posts on here from ladies who got faint positives around 9 days past ovulation. When do you guys think I should test again? It is driving me crazy not knowing. I guess I just want this so badly.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
July 2nd, 2013, 08:52 AM
I'm in the same boat as you, except I wasn't TTC, it kinda just happened. but I was supposed to have started yesterday but I didn't, I tested this morning with a first response and I got a negative, no signs of my period, but I have had my left side, around my ovary hurt a little, it wasn't intense pain, but it was pain that I knew it was there, it was random though, it still happens just not as much as before, I haven't had implantation bleeding, so really I'm discouraged thinking I'm really not, because the woman in me WANTS to be pregnant, but another side of me doesn't want to be..

I'd wait a few days if I were you, maybe it's a little early? Every woman is different.. I've known people that had taken tests and had negatives up until they were a month along. so it really just depends on how your body reacts I suppose. plus you gotta think maybe there was a glitch in the test or something.

I hope everything works out well for you though! keep me posted!!
July 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
I'm also in the same boat I've been TTC for almost a year now, but this month I think it has finally happened (fingers crossed) for the 1st ever in june I actually felt ovulation happening, Im now 11dpo and my boobs are EXTREMLY sore, I've had cramping, mood swings and tiredness.
I've used cheap preg tests I bought onthe internet and are coming up neg also. I have a near 4 year old daughter and I remember I didn't get my postitive until I was a week late with my period, I guess there's not enough hormone to detect it some girls are lucky enough to get a positive a week before their missed periods! Mine is due on Friday, so all I can do is wait and see what happens keep us posted if you get a pos good luck!!
July 2nd, 2013, 03:44 PM
Veteran
Like others have said, sometimes it takes a little longer for a test to show positive. It depends on the person!

**Thank you, bokkechick, for my beautiful signature!**

July 4th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies. The last time I tested was Tuesday with a First Response test - again a very clear negative. I got very discouraged. However, yesterday when I was at work very early in the day I all of the sudden got a wave of nausea and absolutely thought I was going to throw up (sorry for TMI) and also got what seemed like a hot flash at the same time. This did not last long and a short time after I felt normal again. I've never experienced anything like this before, so I don't think its PMS related or anything.

Has anyone else had this wave of nausea with a hot flash early in pregnancy? I am tempted to test again later today, but I know it will probably be better to wait until the day of my expected period (Saturday). Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
July 4th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone,

My first time joining. My period is 5 days late, which is wierd bcuz normally it is 28 days exactly. I think its a possibility that i'm pregnant bcuz my bf and i had unprotected sex on 14/6 and 15/6. My last period started 2/6. Since last week I have been feeling very tired, having increased saliva, some constipation, cramps in my abdomen, as well as mild pain in my lower back and tightening of the lower back and abdomen areas. My boobs also feel a bit heavy. Yesterday while i was sitting at my desk at work i felt some cramps in my abdomen. Thought it was my period, but when i went to the bathroom I realized i only had a creamy, thin, lotion-white discharge. I also feel very bloated. I also feel some of my muscles contracting, like in my butt and thigh areas. I need to test, but i'm thinking that i should wait until the weekend to see for sure. Has any of you had these symptoms?
July 4th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky2013 View Post
Hi everyone,

My first time joining. My period is 5 days late, which is wierd bcuz normally it is 28 days exactly. I think its a possibility that i'm pregnant bcuz my bf and i had unprotected sex on 14/6 and 15/6. My last period started 2/6. Since last week I have been feeling very tired, having increased saliva, some constipation, cramps in my abdomen, as well as mild pain in my lower back and tightening of the lower back and abdomen areas. My boobs also feel a bit heavy. Yesterday while i was sitting at my desk at work i felt some cramps in my abdomen. Thought it was my period, but when i went to the bathroom I realized i only had a creamy, thin, lotion-white discharge. I also feel very bloated. I also feel some of my muscles contracting, like in my butt and thigh areas. I need to test, but i'm thinking that i should wait until the weekend to see for sure. Has any of you had these symptoms?
Hi there, please make a new topic with your question rather than posting on someone else's thread..that way people can help you, and the original poster better.

Thanks
Peach Pit likes this.

July 4th, 2013, 06:42 PM
okay, thanks. I did
July 4th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray510 View Post
Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies. The last time I tested was Tuesday with a First Response test - again a very clear negative. I got very discouraged. However, yesterday when I was at work very early in the day I all of the sudden got a wave of nausea and absolutely thought I was going to throw up (sorry for TMI) and also got what seemed like a hot flash at the same time. This did not last long and a short time after I felt normal again. I've never experienced anything like this before, so I don't think its PMS related or anything.

Has anyone else had this wave of nausea with a hot flash early in pregnancy? I am tempted to test again later today, but I know it will probably be better to wait until the day of my expected period (Saturday). Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Hm. I would wait until Sunday. Goodluck!
July 4th, 2013, 07:41 PM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
I tested at 11dpo with a FRER and got a BFN. I now have a DD, see my siggie.

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

July 4th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Veteran
I had something similar the other day when I was talking with a neighbor. But I am already on cd36 (35 then) and all pregnancy tests have been stark white negative. But I do think it is possible to have early symptoms like that.

**Thank you, bokkechick, for my beautiful signature!**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search