I'm a tad stupid so I have a question....

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies, I thought I was totally out because I thought AF arrived on the 4th. I usually have a heavy 4 day period and spotting before...this time it was 2 weeks late on the dot and only brown spotting on the 4th, darker brown chunks yesterday and back to brown small spots today....tampons hurt because even regulars stay too dry I cramped for a couple hours each day no really heavy red flow just a few red drops a couple times....is this abnormal or can it be normal as a period? Could it be I could still possibly be pregnant? My dr still never called me and I was walking with my friend who is 12 weeks prego thru babiesrus and was like hmmm...we got starbucks and the latte made me so nauseas for like an hour until i finally ate a cutie tangerine and im ok now....so weird....thanks in advance. I have one FRER left but figured im out so didnt use it.

July 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Super Mommy
Hmm.. That does sound like a weird cycle. Brown spotting as a period? Brown indicates old blood. I assume, since this was not your normal AF. It could well have been implantation. Implantation bleeding or spotting is shorter and not like your normal AF cycles. They can range from brown to pink spotting. It is also very scanty too. But some women have had it sorta heavy. It can last up to a few hours or a couple of days like 2-3. Have you taken a test yet? I think you should. Good-luck

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
July 6th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Super Mommy
I havent taken a test since the dr about a week ago...but i just found info from a google search about Decidual bleeding...hmm i guess im a freak.

July 6th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Super Mommy
No, your not a freak. lol About 20-30 percent of Women during early pregnancy will have some sort of bleeding. My mom had bleeding during early pregnancy. I know a few friends of mine had bleeding during pregnancy and they have healthy babies now. I would retest.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
July 7th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Hi Alana,
I think you should retest, but wait until at least the spotting is either gone or at least two days since the spotting started. That way, if it is implantation spotting, there would be enough time for implantation to have occurred and HCG to build up enough to register. The cycle before i got pregnant was way off. I NEVER EVER have spotting before AF. AF is ALWAYS on time, exactly 29 days by 8am always. In march, i was due for AF on March 22, but on March 13, I started spotting. I thought it was totally weird and I was testing every other day. I spotted every day (brown and thick sorry gross i know) from the 13th until the 22nd. Totally irritating. Then on the 22nd , the day AF was due, she arrived right on time fully. But this time it was still Brownish for the first two days but heavy like a normal period. Then it was very scant for the remainder of the week. Definitely a WAY OFF AF for me. I am usually right on time with medium flow first day and heavy for the next three with lighter flow day 5 and 6 to gone day 7. Weird. Then two days after AF ended I ovulated and did not expect to because I should have ovulated around April 5-6 and I ovulated on March 31 or April 1. Pregnant without trying. Your cycle may just be off. You could use OPK if you are not pregnant this time starting with next AF to see if and when you are ovulating. I know you and Cory are not officially TTC but you could start using OPK to get an idea of when you ovulate and if its consistent each month so when you are actively TTC, you will have a greater chance of success. Let us know what goes on...and NO YOU ARE NOT STUPID!! You always down yourself in your posts. No one thinks you are stupid or weird for posting about this stuff. This is what JM is all about. You're one of us kid. Relax. We love you!
OCBlonde985 likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
July 7th, 2013, 06:13 AM
2EverAfter's Avatar Veteran
Not to be a downer, but I think the blood is brown because it's so late. I had a very light spotty brown period that was late a few months ago and it just ended up being a strange cycle. That being said, I hope I'm wrong and you will get your BFP!

July 7th, 2013, 08:11 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I had brown spotting for a couple of days and then tested a few days later and got a strong BFP so it's possible. I say test!

July 7th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I spotted brown throughout my first trimester with my second child. You never know what's going on at times,our bodies can be weird at times and no way are you stupid. We all learn what our bodies can do to freak us out and ask questions when we need to. I agree this is what jM is all about.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

July 7th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies I have had a panty liner on for like 16 hours now and nothing and the worst nausea we haven't had sex again since the 8th I believe it was so I don't think it's implantation...and he wants to use condoms now if I'm not but this is so weird and not normal. Thanks ill keep u posted.

July 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I think you should test. I have had light periods, but a few days of scanty brown spotting would make me suspicious. I had 6 days of spotting with this one.

Day 1: one single pink spot
day 2: repeat
day 3: brown spotting once when I wiped
day 4: repeat
day 5: bunch of maroon spotting when I wiped. Wasted a tampon because it was once
day 6: repeat
day 7: bfp and one single pin head sized pink spot

I would test in a couple days just to rule out pregnancy.
July 7th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Deffinetly test lots of women bleed(me included)in early pregnancy FX
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

July 7th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Super Mommy
So about an hour ago after a full 36 hours of nothing I had dark discharge mostly brown with a tint of red and light not heavy...I'm so confused. I'm with my friend and her 1 year old all weekend and she said she had the same thing while pregnant. I'd be 6 weeks if I am. I'm hopeful but don't wanna get hopes up for nothing. Guess only time will tell.

July 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Super Mommy
Oh and it was only for a few mins I forgot to add

July 7th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Super Mommy
Back to creamy white discharge and after someone getting most of a HungryMan down I feel a lot better phew...took a FRER with like my 5th pee of the day and BFN...however thru my google searches (LOL I know) and friends with kids its not uncommon to get BFN pee and/or blood HCG test until farther in pregnancy for some people. Hmmm....Let hope I am one of them or I feel better soon....either works for me...on another note I took my friends one year old to the pool with her today (I mostly watched and took pics from outside) and I had time to get my mind off things which was nice....More later and thanks girls for being so sweet!

July 8th, 2013, 05:17 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in! When AF was due, I got BFN and had light brown spotting for a day or two. I got a bfp 2 or 3 days later. It was odd because with my first I tested positive a few days before I missed AF, so I thought for sure I was out.

It's possible you could have o'ed late and that maybe you are pregnant.

July 9th, 2013, 04:17 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Update on yesterday and so far today? I'm just baffled by this!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
July 9th, 2013, 04:24 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you are probably anovulatory.

Please don't take this wrong, but I know you say you've had issues with eating. When you have those issues, quite often your body goes into survival mode and stops doing things that require more of its resources (like ovulating and even things like growing hair, etc.)

Before you and your SO officially decide together that it is time to conceive, you should probably see a nutritionist and make sure you are fueling your body enough to get things going.

Just my $.02...
swade66 and Urchin like this.

July 9th, 2013, 09:46 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1

A close friend of mine is underweight and her periods are similar to what you've described. Some months she gets nothing at all. Obviously I don't know your personal situation well enough but maybe those things could be at play here? Or you could be ovulating now -- you may have had an anovulatory cycle in June. Have you tried an OPK?

If you last BD'd on June 8, I would think that you would definitely get a preg test result that is very accurate right now, either positive or negative.
Urchin likes this.
July 9th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks girls. No real update since I wont see the dr until the 19th. As far as eating goes I had normal periods when I have anorexia from 16-18 years old, but now I eat all the time and mostly fattening stuff LOL but yeah I always munch and snack too between my small meals. I have actually gained weight recently...I guess I could be anovulatory and im starting to think I have some sort of hormonal imbalance or issue. I am so done with my boobs being full of milk so no dang reason!!! No Joke I could probably feed a baby with my supply! I still have a random brown discharge a couple times a day and thats it. Still have intense nausea, headache, and sore boobs along with frequent BMs but guess that could be hormones...anyway if anything changes I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the advice and kind words.

Of course, I am hoping I am pregnant with a healthy little bean rather than have some serious issue to resolve now.

July 9th, 2013, 12:23 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're lactating?!?!? Like, you're leaking?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search