Psyching myself out? Or actually pregnant?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I am going to try and make this short since I know most of you probably don't want to read the novel that I could most definitely write! I have been on birth control pills (Loestrin), for the last year, skipping my sugar pills and thus skipping my periods. Before that, I was on Depo which also took away my periods. (Basically I haven't had a "real" one in almost 4 years.) Back in my bleeding days, I had short, pretty non-painful periods that weren't really a big deal...that's why these new symptoms that have hit me seem pretty odd!

These last 5-6 weeks I have been pretty bad at taking the pills at the same time everyday. By bad, I mean 8am on Tuesday, 4pm on Wednesday, 8pm on Thursday....etc. (Even a day or two I maybeeee forgot to take one until the next day...I know I've been bad...)My partner and I aren't trying to conceive, but had talked about if I did become pregnant we'd take it as it came and take it as a blessing. We currently live in different states and he came to visit from June 20th-July 2nd. During the course of his stay, there were many opportunities that, if I had ovulated, for possible conception. I am going to list the timeline of symptoms in order and see if anyone else sees a trend and can back me up that I'm not making this all up in my head! Keep in mind, with getting my period ages ago, extra hormones with birth control, and everything else I've been through I have always been pretty asymptomatic.

June 20th: Boyfriend flies down, everything seems normal.
June 25-26th: HUGE noticeable increase in my libido (that was acted upon of course), which I used to associate with ovulating back in the day. This lasted literally all day and tailed into the next day.
June 27th-30th: HORRIBLE vivid nightmares. Vivid dreams are not uncommon for me, especially being able to recall most of what I dream every night. However, nightmares are not too frequent, especially not days in a row and even once during a nap!
June 30th-July 2nd: I woke up on June 30th with the most tender bbs that I have ever had in my life. I couldn't tell if it was more of the entire bbs, my nipples, or both...it just hurt! I had to lay on my back to sleep because the pressure was too much on the other side. My nipples were noticeably much more sensitive and seemed to stay very "alert" since this day and are currently the same. However, the entire breast discomfort has subsided to a minimum. My boyfriend joked at one point, after being instructed to be careful around my chest, that they did look a little bit larger than normal...which I had been thinking, but I am a full 34DD so they're big anyway, what's a little more?
June 30th-Current: Nipple sensitivity, sleeplessness throughout the night (including having problems getting comfortable in bed), and vivid dreams. Since July 1st I have suspected that I may be pregnant, and since then have either jinxed myself into having dreams about being pregnant, or my hormones are telling me so when I sleep.
June 2nd-Current: Started taking my birth control consistently at the same hour each day to attempt to get my hormones and body "in control" if it were due to wacky hormone levels from my irresponsible pill taking.
June 4th-Current: SLIGHT dull/low back ache & occasional mild, MILD stomach cramping (more of an ache) just like when I would get AF back in the day.
June 5th-Current: Breaking out like it did in high school...sweet! But I have related it to being stressed out the last few days. For more than just anticipating that I may be pregnant.
June 6th: Still wigging myself out that every little thing I do/feel indicates I'm pregnant...but today I was craving a steak, (cravings are typically normal for me regardless), went to Outback, got my 10oz ribeye and a dessert, came back home to take a relaxing bath and was then struck with overwhelming nausea. I'm thinking to myself, "If I get ONE MORE symptom that coincidently indicates that I may be pregnant I am going to go crazy!"

The last week or so I have been obsessing over early pregnancy symptoms, reading blogs, forums, taking 5 pregnancy tests in 5 days even though I know it's too early to really tell.... It is also hard for me to tell when the timeline of things is because I do not know/have my menstrual cycle/ovulation patterns. So here's the question....am I psyching myself out? Or does anyone else think this is suspicious and may be more than just a few little coincidences?? Sorry for the long post!! I had to get it out and would really appreciate any input you may have or if anyone out there has had a similar experience!!

Thank you all!!!!

July 7th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Well, first of all, it would be hard to tell when you ovulate, or even if you ovulate, due to birth control use. Skipping the pill and taking it at odd times can certainly throw your cycle and hormones way off base and lead to situations like this. It can also lead to ovulation and subsequently with unprotected sex, pregnancy.
Your symptoms do sound a lot like early pregnancy symptoms, which are hormone driven, but they could also be the result of the pill usage. Its a tough call on this one and unfortunately the only real way to know for sure is either a blood draw from your doctor, or just wait it out testing every 2-3 days. But since you do not know when or if you are even going to have a period, testing like this could go on and on and on and cost a lot. I really think you should call your doctor and ask for a blood draw and see what they think of all of this. Its really your best option. I hope you find the answer soon and keep us posted!
Stefanie, Wife to Paul, Mom to cailyn (15), caleigh (14), cameron (13) christopher (10), Lilly (5), Emma(4) and Staci (2) 3/12/12 5/9/12 7/05/2012 1/24/13

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
July 7th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Thank you for taking the time to read my novel and respond! I have a busy week so I made a Drs appt for Friday. In the meanwhile, I bought a few more tests and am going to wait until Tuesday to take the first. The worst part about this is I'm trying to keep my excitement at bay....I don't want to be too disappointed!

anxious , breast tenderness , early pregnancy symptoms , possibly pregnant , worried

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search