Unplanned BFP with cramps and beeding

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!

As you can see I got a BFP this evening, after my gut told me to test after I felt my period was well..weird. I will start from the beginning.

A few days before AF was due to arrive I woke up in the early morning (around 3) to painful abdominal cramps, after the four ibuprofens I took kicked in I fell back asleep. The following 24 hours I had mild cramping and just assumed it was all from AF coming. The day after she was due I had light pink discharge a few times when I wiped. Assumed she was just sneaking in on me. Now the past four days I have had brown spotting and occasionally bright red blood. I also have had consistent menstrual cramps, which I usually only get the first day.

I am worried about an ectopic. The cramps seem to be on one side, and I have never bled with any of my previous three pregnancies. I am hoping to get in to see a doctor in the next few days but am hoping someone has experience like this. This pregnancy was unplanned and I am still unsure how to feel about it all, but have never experienced this before and am kinda scared. Thanks for anyone who actually READ all that.

Oh and this is a dollar store test (as if you can't tell lol) and period was due last Thursday. I have always tested BEFORE period was due so I don't know if this is dark or not...
July 16th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Terra_Mater's Avatar Veteran
I do not have personal experience, but from others that I have seen. I was told that if you have any unusual pain or bleeding to get the doctor immediately because it could be ectopic. If it is, it is imperative that they remove it because as it grows it can damage things and they will end up having to remove that too. You don't want that to happen, but see what other people say and do a little research. In my opinion the cons outway the pros Good luck, and I hope it is nothing to fret about!
July 17th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Ok so the normal range of HCG for the 5ish week range is 18-7050 according to my midwife so even a low level can be very normal at this point. Cramping and even light bleeding can also be very normal around the time you would expect your AF in pregnancy, especially at this point. Your body is trying to figure out what the hell to do here. There is HCG but its supposed to be time to cycle! I think your test looks fine and your cramping and spotting is normal, but I know how incredibly stressful that can be. It may be a low progesterone issue so therefore I would say get into your doctor's office very very soon for a level draw for HCG and Progesterone. If it is low they can supplement it. You also could have a sub chronic hematoma and if that is the case an ultrasound would pick that up. That can also cause spotting/bleeding and crampiness and most resolve on their own. you need to see your doctor to know for sure. Good luck and keep us posted

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
July 17th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Veteran
From what ive heard ectopic wouldn't start hurting until your a little further along but definitely get checked out. They thought I had a regular pregnancy along with an ectopic because my HCG was VERY high and I spotted everyday in the start of my pregnancy. It ended up that I was fine--no ectopic but don't take the chance of loosing an ovary My aunt had and ectopic pregnancy and she said the pain is unbearable.
July 17th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Janisdkh's Avatar Mommy of soon to be 5!
Send a message via MSN to Janisdkh
Ectopic can cause sharp stabbing pains or cramps to one side early on. I was tested with my last pregnancy. It can also cause bleeding but not in all cases.. In your case I believe it could have been implantation bleeding. Just to be safe I would see the doctor to rule out ectopic. Good luck and congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search