Vitex, Faint Positives, Doctor Says Negative

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Papasgirl
  • 1 Post By sethsgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 05:15 PM
OK. So I am finally breaking down and writing a post and I promise to keep you all updated because I really hate when people just drop off the face of the earth and you are left wondering what the final outcome is.

On Monday I took a 88 cent walmart preg test and looked at it for seriously 10 seconds and threw it out cuz I just assumed negative. I've been wanting to take this antibiotic for a uti but i just want to be really sure that im not pregnant. I was reading about the test accuracy online and decided to dig it out the trash to cross reference....well what do you know...it was positive. You know what happens next....my <3 starts jumping for joy! I call my friend and the convo quickly turns into a possible evaporation line......

Fast forward......6 hpts later....from Monday to Thursday morning....i had 6 faint positives.

Today (Friday) I decide to go to the doctor to get some ease of mind with blood work. They urine test me and the nurse tells me its negative....when in fact it was once again another faint positive....i got a chance to see it. They did my blood work (waiting on results) and I talked to the doctor. He was a serious buzz kill....he expects my test line to be much darker since I have been testing since Monday. He pretty much told me that he is expecting this pregnancy to end in a miscarriage....or that I maybe have an ovarian cyst......

I really just don't kno what to think and I am obviously driving myself crazy in this process of ttc.

I was taking vitex....i started it about 2 months ago right after my cycle but it gave me the worst headaches ever.....so I stopped...i have not seen a cycle since then. I had some light spotting the next month but that is all. Recently I went out of town, for four days, and I didn't take the vitex with me....so now i'm freaked that I quit it cold turkey....which I've also heard can cause a mc.

QUESTIONS!!!!

Should I keep popping those vitex pills even though I haven't been taking them for about a week.....? I've only heard positive results from people that took them through their pregnancies....i seriously have not heard one person complain of a birth defect or mc due to continuing taking the pills through the first trimester.

Also, I think I ovulated on (or very close to) July 4th as I felt some pain on the left side....what should I be expecting my hcg blood results to be at say around 14 dpo?
July 20th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I dont know anything about taking the vitex pills but i do know that a line is a line on a pregnancy test and if you saw SIX faint lines at home and one at the doctors office, there is definitely something going on. At around 4 weeks pregnant, HCG can range from 5 to over 7000, so the range is huge. With one of my pregnancies, my hcg the day before AF was due was 8 (he is not 10 years old) and with this pregnancy, my hcg at two days late for AF was 774! So it CAN and WILL vary greatly. Anything over 5 is considered positive. I hope you get your results soon. Keep us posted
cre8ivebeauty likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
July 20th, 2013, 10:09 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know anything about vitex either but if you had that many positives it sounds like you're pregnant. However if they were all Walmart cheapies there is a chance for an evap, even doctors tests can have evaps. The numbers will let you know for sure though! And like Stefanie said, anything over 5 is considered positive! Good luck and keep us updated!
cre8ivebeauty likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

July 20th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I'm still waiting on these lab results....I hope it doesn't get pushed to Monday but its seeming that way they weren't all cheapies...I did clear blue and some knock off first response. Just praying that this is not a chemical preg. I don't think evap lines cuz they came up right away....

Question....
I'm pretty positive I ovulated on July 4....would that make me 2 or 4 weeks preg cuz I kno it's typically counted from last period even tho my cycles are not reg since may...
July 21st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Can u guess what I saw this morning.....
July 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM
smeden14's Avatar Veteran
Did u get a ???

And have u heard of Femaprin? Its better then Vitex. More pregnancies with Femaprin. You can get it on Amazon.com for $12 a bottle. 60 pills per bottle. You take it once a day

My Ovulation Chart
July 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
? A positive test or your period ?

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

July 22nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Janisdkh's Avatar Mommy of soon to be 5!
Send a message via MSN to Janisdkh
Anything yet?

July 22nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
I definitely saw a period, blood, miscarriage, who knows....? Got my hcg level back....it was 7miu/ml....or whatever the correct abb. is....so between 5 and 25 is considered preg or should be retested....being that my level was that low after 4 days of urine testing....I'm thinkin it was probably a cyst this made me more depressed than the actual blood cuz it feels like jus another issue to deal with....I've never heard of femaprin but I will look into it...thanks

Tags
faint positive , hcg , progesterone , ttc , vitex

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search