My most recent update :)

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Renee360

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Super Mommy
Hey girls!
I had a busy couple days and finally had a minute to update.
I don't have much to update. The appointment with my doctor went ok on Friday not great. She basically is stumped how to solve my issues and doesn't know what is causing them other than possibly an interaction with my antidepressants The first thing she did was tell me to wean off one of my two meds and I go back to the lab on Monday for blood work to test my thyroid, prolactin levels, and she's still not convinced I'm not pregnant so doing pregnancy relates blood work again to rule it out completely. My urine is negative and the blood on June 27th was negative so I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant So basically I left that appointment how I went in with no answers She did say that depending on results of the blood she will consult the endocrinologist to figure out what is wrong and what to do as a team and go from there. That was good to hear at least.

As for me, I am crampy, bloated, and sore boobs full of milk like normal but no AF in sight. I'm hoping I am one of those freaky cases that doesn't show up on pregnancy tests or does really late into pregnancy or something. She said after the blood work if she doesn't call me within 2 weeks to call her and see what's going on with it all. If things don't get better I may just make another appointment to see her tho too.

Anyway that's all I got for now... Hope you all are well

July 22nd, 2013, 05:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
What type of antidepressant's are you on? I find it incredible that you have a Dr. that is practicing medicine in all those fields of medicine. Most Dr.'s won't even prescribe ADHD meds unless you are seeing a pychatrist.

I would definitely work on weening from your antidepressant's before even chance getting pregnant.

Hopefully soon you get some answers. It must be so frustrating to not know what is going on with your body.

[/URL]Renee

Last edited by Renee360; July 22nd, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
July 22nd, 2013, 06:53 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
At this point, it seems at this point you can say with like 99% certainty that you are not pregnant, since multiple tests have indicated so. I can't imagine how frustrated you are -- maybe time to find a new doctor?

A word of caution, and I say this with the utmost respect and no judgement whatsoever: a lot of people can't just go off of antidepressants. Most people who are on them need them daily, sometimes for life -- unlike "elective" medicine or vitamins, it's not something you no longer "need."

It sounds unsafe that your doctor is advising that you go without them - FWIW, I have more than one immediate family member who is on antidepressants or anxiety medication and it's unlikely they'll never not need them. If she's weening you off to try to a different type, than that makes sense. But I hope you or her are not considering totally dropping them.

No disrespect Renee, but that was not wise advice to tell someone that they should ween themselves off before becoming pregnant.
July 22nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I meant it with the help of a qualified Dr. that she should ween off them. Personally I would talk to a qualified psychiatrist that has experience with prescribing antidepressants.
girlsofsummer likes this.

[/URL]Renee
July 24th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I don't know what to say because I still am nauseas with food adversions and cravings... No AF again was due the 18th. I threw up 3x yesterday after eating. I just feel pregnant and I'm such a freak I compared my belly to pics of 9 week bellies since I'd be around 9 weeks and it looks bloated like them hahaha anyway I guess it's just a waiting game. About the antidepressants, she prescribed the one she's taking me off of in May 2012 so that's the one I'm weening off. I've been on my other since I was 18 and its supposedly safe while pregnant... I don't think I'd do well for awhile if I was off everything. Everyone can tell too if I'm off meds.

Anyway that's all for now.

July 24th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
Wait...sore boobs full of milk? How does that happen w/o being pregnant?

I don't remember...have you had an ultrasound done? I mean, with what you've described I would halfway expect you to get one and have a little visitor in there saying, "what's up, Doc?" Not trying to get your hopes up or practice Internet Medicine at.all, but your symptoms are just perplexing!

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
July 24th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Super Mommy
Haha thanks yeah if I don't eat a period next month either I'm gonna see if my insurance covers one and ill get one.

July 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you had problems with your hormones it could lead to leaky breasts. Also your tummy may be bloated since you haven't had your period. Sickness could also be hormone related. From what you have said I don't think you are pregnant maybe a hormone imbalance could be what is also causing your anxiety etc. Maybe once your hormones are sorted out you will be able to get pregnant easier. Hormones can do strange things to us women!! I do wish you the best of luck though and hope the doc can sort it all out.

[/url]
July 25th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Well I'm pleased to hear that but no arguments for this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search