Early period? Possible implantation? Help =/

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Alright, here's my dilemma.

I've had very irregular periods for a few years, and they usually around 3 days. I have an app that helps me keep track of my cycles and ovulation and according to it, we had sex around the 'right' time this month, and I recall even having egg-white CM around those days.

Keeping up with the info from the app I ovulated on the 15th of July, and my period was expected on the 29th. But on the 25th, around mid day I noticed a bit of pinkish blood when I wiped, and for the rest of the day there was a bit of brown discharge. The next day there was more bleeding, some even "regular" color, but the next day, mid day it stopped. So it was 1 full day of bleeding and 1 (half and half) of weird/little/pink bleeding? I don't know whether that would be my period coming or possibly implantation. The most unusual thing is that even after is gone my ovaries don't feel so good. I'm cramping on and off, sometimes feeling a poke on the right side.

Based on your own experiences, what do you think? I don't want to keep my hopes up, don't even know if I should. I only have one test left and I don't start working for a few weeks, so I don't really want to test unless there's really a chance I could be pregnant.

Thanks and sorry for the long post!
July 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Marksgirl0502's Avatar Veteran
I suppose it's possible that your bleeding might have been ovulation spotting, though it seems a little late in your cycle for that. I've had ov spotting before, it's supposed to indicate high fertility. But it could also have been a weird, early, short period. Implantation spotting is usually around 9 days after conception, so that would fit too. In other words... I really don't know! If you might have gotten pregnant on the 15th, I'd wait until after the 1st to test, and maybe you'll have gotten your period by then. Keep us posted!

July 28th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksgirl0502 View Post
If you might have gotten pregnant on the 15th, I'd wait until after the 1st to test, and maybe you'll have gotten your period by then. Keep us posted!
So you think it's possible I could bleed again soon? Cause what I was thinking is that,

a) If it was implantation I would not have a period because that would mean I'm pregnant, or
b) If it is my period, well, that's the period. lol

I'm also thinking that it was too late for it to be due to ovulation. According to my app, if this was my period (I marked it as so, just in case) I would not get it again until September 5th. *Sigh* I'm probably reading too much into it and should just dismiss it.
July 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
I think it's way too late to be ovulation bleeding, and it's a solid chance that it is implantation bleeding. It sounds like a lot though. Did you need a pantyliner?
July 28th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
I think it's way too late to be ovulation bleeding, and it's a solid chance that it is implantation bleeding. It sounds like a lot though. Did you need a pantyliner?
More than a pantyliner, I used a regular pad on the full day I bled. Not all of it was red (it was pink and brown and mostly only when I wiped the first day), but there was definitely some red in there the next day.

Even still, I would almost say it was an early period, except that my period is short as it is and this time it was even shorter, and also the fact that a full day after it's gone I'm cramping as I usually do before it comes. That's something that's never happened before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search