Could I be pregnant?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Well recently I've had a lot of signs of pregnancy. I'm gaining weight, I feel sick for a lot of the day, very lethargic lately, and my breasts are growing. My bras don't quite fit anymore. I started my "period" 2 days ago, a day earlier than what it should have started. But it's a LOT lighter than my normal period. Could I be experiencing implantation bleeding?

I am married and have only been married a year. So, my husband and I do have sex frequently. I don't remember any exact dates. I am on the pill and have been for 4 years. My body and this pill work great together. When I started taking I never gained weight with it.

4 or so months ago I hurt my ankle really bad. Before that I had lost 12 lbs by exercising. After hurting my ankle I gained back the 12 lbs plus about 5 more. My ankle is healed so I've been exercising again to try to lose the weight again. Instead, I'm gaining weight. Also, my belly seems to have grown in size. In all honestly, it sticks out past my breasts. It's never been this big before.

I took a test a few days ago and it was neg, but maybe it was too soon to take one. Do you think I could be prego? If not, what do you think it could be?

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

If any more info is needed, please just ask.
August 18th, 2013, 02:26 PM
C'mon ladies, I can see it's been viewed over 50 times. I don't care what your opinion or advice is. I'm just looking for anything and everything. Thank you!
August 18th, 2013, 02:36 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Honestly, with what you are describing, I'd go see a Dr about your symptoms etc. I really hope you get some answers soon!!!

I just reread your post and wanted to add that if what you are in fact describing as what may or may not have been implantation bleeding, it would have been too early for a pregnancy test to show up anything. That would also mean that your weight gain etc. would not be from an early pregnancy, just having had implantation bleeding. Definitely go see a Dr!!!

~Always missing our angel baby 16/3/2013~
August 18th, 2013, 04:38 PM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
I don't really think you would be gaining weight if you were early into pregnancy. I'm almost 3 months pregnant with twins and my tummy has just now started to grow. Most women only gain a few pounds in the 1st trimester (12 weeks) of pregnancy. If you are not eating any more than usual and still gaining weight, I would make an appointment with my doctor and ask for an ultrasound. It could be a tumor, fibroid, or other growth. Some of them can grow really fast and large quickly, and they can cause fatigue, sore breasts, and your other symptoms. Good luck and hope everything is ok.
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

August 19th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
A test would show positive after 48 hours from the first signs of implantation bleeding. It can show positive sooner with bleeding, too, but defintiely by 48 hours. I had IB with one of my pregnancies. Weight loss/gain can mess up ovulation big time and screw with your hormones giving symptoms. I lost 12 pounds in March on the 17 day diet. I lost that weight in about 15 days. I wound up spotting for a week before AF was due. I spotted from the 15th until the 22nd and then on the 22nd i got AF, but it was very light, and at times non-existant. To top that off, my cycle ended on March 29th. with my ovulation typically on cd 15 or 16, DH and I had unprotected sex on CD 9 thinking we were in the clear. I was having odd symptoms too, like gaining the weight back, larger breasts and nausea....so I took an ovulation predictor test because I KNEW i was not pregnant since my period just ended two days prior. THe ovulation test was positive........6-7 days early! I ended up getting a positive test on April 11 at 10 days post ovulation according to that test. So the weight loss really messed my cycle up with the early spotting, weird period, then very early ovulation....now I am 21 weeks pregnant! I am saying the weight loss etc is messing with your hormones and you should probably see a doctor to have some blood work done for pregnancy (beta hcg), progesterone, and a Thyroid test. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
August 19th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Hey ladies. Well tomorrow will be 4 days since I started spotting. I'm going to take another test with fmu and see what happens. Either way, I'll be making a doc appointment thanks for the advice
August 20th, 2013, 06:28 PM
The test this am was bfn. So I made a doc appt. the doc says I'm not prego, but did a blood test. Hope all is well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search