Could I be pregnant? If so, who is most likely the father?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I'll start by saying I wasn't in a committed relationship with either, so there was no cheating going on

Anyway...

My last regular period started July 13th, I had sex with guy #1 on the 25th and guy #2 on August 3. Guy #1 didn't cum in me, guy #2 did. My next period was due August 10th but I didn't get it until evening time of the 11th and it was extremely light, barely anything. I was lucky if I used up one tampon a day. It was light pink but mostly brown on the tampons for about 4 days. Then on the 17th I had a small amount of pinkish discharge when wiping, with a bit of clear/white, thickish fluid. I was on bc, but missed quite a few pills. I was supposed to start a new pack on the 14th but haven't in case I am pregnant. I took a pregnancy test on the 16th but it came back negative. What could be going on?
August 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Veteran
It may have just been a light period. I don't think that implantation bleeding would last 4 days like that but I've never had it. If you aren't regular with your pills, it could be your body trying to adjust to the hormone fluctuations. I'm just speculating here. You may want to try taking another pregnancy test in another few days. If it comes back negative, then I would suggest going to your doctor or a local women's center to get a blood test.

As for the father, I would lean towards guy #2. Again, can't be 100 % positive on this. Hope that helps a bit. And keep us updated!

**Thank you, bokkechick, for my beautiful signature!**

August 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Super Mommy to be
This could be from missing your pills. Especially if you are on one of the milder ones. Even missing one could screw your period up for a few weeks on end.... And if you haven't started back on them even more so it may take longer to get back on track.

However due to the intercourse and missing pills I would make sure by a doctor that you are not pregnant before restarting. And if I had to guess out of the guys which would be the father in the event of a pregnancy I'd guess #2 as well.

Keep us updated
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
August 18th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Hi guys, thanks for your responses so far.
A little FYI, I've been on bc for about 10 years and there's been a few instances over the course of the years where I wasn't taking my pill as I should be and it never messed up my flow, which I guess is why I'm questioning things now. I've been through many bouts of stress, diet change etc and nothing has ever affected my period like this, I've been quite regular.

I'm assuming when I took the pregnancy test Friday it was too early? When should I test again?
August 18th, 2013, 09:10 PM
LumpyOatmeal's Avatar So in love...
Well if it is guy #2 and you are indeed pregnant then Friday would have been just shy of the 2 week wait period when most people test, and I would lean toward #2 also.

On another note, when I got pregnant the first time, I had been on and off the pills irregularly and my cycle was all sorts of messed up. I got nothing but negative home pregnancy tests for weeks afterward. I had to go to the doctor to confirm the pregnancy because my period wasn't returning and I didn't want to restart pills not knowing. Missing the pills completely messed me up though and the effects of the imbalance was making me sick and stuff, but I was always really sensitive to the pills. Either way, I would double check with a doctor because I had all negative tests and I was still pregnant, just with a low hormone level for the first month or so, so once it was confirmed they made me come in to get checked every 3rd day or so to make sure my hormone level was doubling like it was supposed to and make sure the pregnancy was viable.
August 19th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I actually would say it would be guy number 1....under normal circumstances with no pill mishaps ....was there a condom? I say this because generally speaking a woman with a 28 day cycle ovulates somewhere around cycle day 14, with a fertile window from about cycle day 11 to cycle day 16. Guy number 1 is timed right for your fertile window. However if you missed pills, that could certainly screw with ovulation etc making guy number two now a possibility. If you ovulated later because of the pills, then your fertile window could have been later and thus making you experience everything later. The only way to know for sure is to test, and typically if there is implantation bleeding involved (which I have had), a test would be positive by 48 hours after the bleeding started. so if the bleeding you had on the 11th was implantation, a test would be positive by now...BUT, you also had one instance of pinkish spotting on the 17th, right? Then a test on the 19th, 20th should show accurately if you did in fact ovulate very late and became pregnant. I am going to say that its just the pill messing you up. Good luck

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
August 19th, 2013, 09:46 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Hmm, tough call. A gal on another board had what she thought was her period, but turned out to be implantation bleeding like what you described. It really could go either way, especially if you are missing pills.

I know this sounds preachy, but if you aren't trying to get pregnant/aren't ready for a baby, maybe a different kind of birth control would be better instead of the pill since you skip/miss/forget pills. No sense in stressing yourself out when another type of BC could set your mind at ease and make you worry less!
August 20th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Sorry to hear you're going through all this stress.

Unfortunately, when you're taking hormonal birthcontrol incorrectly, it can be near impossible to know if you're pregnant until you get a BFP (which could be a few weeks yet). All the symptoms of pregnancy can also be mimicked by not using bc correctly.

Furthermore, determining who the father is, is basically impossible as well, until you can get a DNA test. Because you had sex with them fairly close together, you might not even be able to tell in early ultrasound enough to know which one it was. You could have ovulated 3-4 days after DTD with guy one and got pregnant...or ovulated the day you had sex with guy 2. There's no way to know, as missing pills can cause spontaneous ovulation.

Good luck, I hope you get the answer you want either way...and maybe are able to find another form of BC that works better for you so you can avoid this stress in the future.
Rebelmommy and girlsofsummer like this.

August 20th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I had implantation bleeding that lasted 6 days, but it was never heavy enough to need anything at all. A couple times I used a tampon, and 4 hours later they were clean.

I agree that you'd need a DNA test to be sure. Unfortunately bc pills can really mess with you at times. Only advice I have is what I was given when TTC, "Wait two weeks and test again."
August 21st, 2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the feedback. I've decided I'll wait to see if I get my period next month around the 7th like I should if not pregnant. If I don't get it I'll go to the doctor to get tested.

I'll keep you updated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search