Could I be pregnant?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By katydae88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Freaking out over here...please give me some feedback.

My last period started August 2 and was normal.
We had sex August 10 and August 17 (yesterday) - both times we used a condom AND pulled out. We checked by blowing air in it and the condoms were intact. Expiration date according to boyfriend was March 2014

Today August 18 I am noticing my boobs to be tender/sore to the touch (if I press on to the nipple, one being worse than the other) and it feels uncomfortable if I don't wear a bra. This only happens to me a few days before I get my period. In the morning they were really bad, now in the evening they feel better I think.

Other:
I think I have been peeing more often than usual but I have also been drinking more fluids than usual this week.
I have had 2 headaches this week - felt like tension headaches. One of them was really bad and I had to take a Tylenol.
I have been having cramps and diarrhea, which I thought were induced by this veggie juice that I just tried, made with beets.
I took my temperature today - it was 98.4F. I have been feeling very cold this past couple of weeks but I thought it was because i sit right next to the AC at my new office at work.
No nausea or vomiting, no weird food cravings, no spotting.

I figure the pregnancy test would not be accurate at this point since I have to wait another 2 weeks till my next period. But this will be the longest 2 weeks ever.

How could the condom possibly malfunction? Not broken, fit well around his penis, rolled on correctly, with room for sperm at the tip (no air) and he pulled out? He did not go near me before the condom was on so it can't be pre-cum.

I am in no way ready to have a baby but the boob situation is making me freak out because it never happens unless I'm on my period.

Does this make sense? Could boobs be sore because of changes in hormones not related to pregnancy?

Last edited by trauma233; August 18th, 2013 at 09:20 PM.
August 19th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In my (unprofessional) opinion you don't have anything to worry about since you said no contact was made prior to him putting on the condom. I believe the pain in your breasts/nipples is from elevated Progesterone (which is higher after ovulation) and not a sign of pregnancy. I am actually trying to conceive and my breasts get sore every month but I still haven't got pregnant.

Also just because you had a temp of 98.4 that doesn't mean anything either. Your body temp goes up after ovulating as well and usually drops around the time you start your period. I also want to mention that unless you take your temp first thing in the morning before you move or get out of bed then it doesn't mean much of anything either.

I don't know if I helped or not but I really don't think you have anything to worry about
Papasgirl likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
August 19th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Agreed

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
August 19th, 2013, 10:54 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Agreed with PP. I get really sore boobs before AF, not always though.

And you can't just randomly take your temp and have it mean anything (unless of course you have a fever). There's no context for it.
August 20th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I have almost the exact same cycle and I'm wondering what's up. My last period started on August 1st and lasted 4 days. It was pretty normal but usually my periods last about 5-7 days. My husband and I had sex on the 8th and then on the 10th. We use condoms...somewhat. I'm not on BC pills so we will start sex without one and then he'll put one on before he's ready to climax. I ovulated on the 15th. For about 1-2 and 1/2 weeks, these have been my symptoms (today is the 20th):

-A lot of burping! (no noise, just gas bubbles coming up and out of my throat) I don't usually burp...at all.
-anxiety- my nerves just feel very on edge for no reason at all with random sweaty palms
-fatigue- almost falling asleep on my desk at work and knocking out cold at night
-for the past two days, I've gotten some mild, dull cramping where my period cramps should be. (I'm not supposed to start my period until the 29th) They've been on and off all day, both days
-no nausea, just kind of feel like I'm going to vomit but nothing ever happens. My palms will get sweaty and I'll start to salivate a lot (that feeling you get right before you vom)

I'm now 5 DPO, 9 days before my period is due. Could I actually be pregnant? If so, can I test this early? Otherwise, what's wrong with me?

Last edited by AuntPeach; August 20th, 2013 at 02:00 PM.

Tags
early , pregnant , signs of pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search