Kinda freaking out....

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By peace.love.audrey
  • 2 Post By caliroo34
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife
  • 2 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Super Mommy
Hi girls. I am still lurking here and tonight I let myself get freaked out because I was watching youtube clips of I didn't know I was pregnant. Totally didn't help my current worries LOL.

For those who don't know me here is some background info.

I went off the mini pill, after being on it over a year, back in January. Before that I had Depo and with all BC I had no periods. After going off BC I had normal periods Jan-May. No period since. Spotting here and there but light and very scattered. I usually get migraines before and after AF and have been migraine free since May. I have not tested since June/July when all my blood work and tests were negative and hormones were normal.

My were NTNP until this month. We last dtd August 4th and used a think non-latex condom (I read its entirely possible they can fail but I know its rare) and I have been out of town for work since the 5th.

My diet has changed from always being starving due to my meds and eating 5 meals a day to where I constantly feel full and eat only small snacks through out the day and I keep gaining weight like crazy. This last week I gained 3 lbs eating healthy small snacks or nothing at all for several hours! yikes! The other thing is the smallest dirty dish or weird smell makes me gag now and I used to have a stomach of steel. Today I was getting rid of old food in the fridge and I had to try super hard not to puke. My boobs have been and still are killing me and are lactating. I was crampy on and off the last few days and really gassy. The worst thing is I feel so drowsy but my favorite latte from Starbucks makes me nauseous!!!

What do you guys think? Should I test again? Maybe it will ease my crazy mind or do you think I am overreacting and its all in my head? Because I haven't had a real AF since May I have no clue where I am in my cycle or if I even Ovulated or anything. If I go by the spotting as an AF then I would not be due for AF till Sept 1st. any ideas? Is it normal to have more weird PMS symptoms while off BC than when I was on it?

Thank you in advance! Hope to get some replies because I seem to get ignored alot on here lately.....prob cuz I am crazy.

-A

August 19th, 2013, 10:29 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I don't post much anymore but I have been following your story for years. Have you ever heard of pseudocyesis? Here's some info....I think its worth a read. Good luck!

False Pregnancy - Pseudocyesis | BabyMed.com
artisticmind and 3maybe like this.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
August 20th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
When did you test last? It can't hurt to test for some peace of mind. I wonder if there isn't something more going on here...like something wrong with your ovaries or something like that. Have you contacted your doctor recently? It may be worth it to figure out where AF is and why its been gone for so long. I know this is making you crazy. Take a test and see and if its negative, then call your doctor and see what they think. good luck and let us know

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
August 20th, 2013, 05:20 AM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
I really think you should continue exploring the causes of these things with your doctor. It seems you want very badly to be pregnant and are almost talking yourself into it being that way. But it can't be healthy to keep focusing on this. I hope you can get everything sorted.
Urchin and 3maybe like this.

August 20th, 2013, 05:21 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I would have your pituitary gland checked. I know a lady who has a problem with hers and if she doesn't take her meds her body thinks it's pregnant all the time. Hope you figure it out soon. I'm sure it's stressing you out.
Urchin likes this.

August 20th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Veteran
I hardly respond to posts, but have read, skimmed & seen many of your posts. I think U want to be pregnant so, so, so badly, it's almost the focus of your world. It seems like U psych yourself into thinking/hoping/believing you are pregnant, when that's just not the case. I agree that U should explore this with your Gyn & possibly a psychiatrist, as well. Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon.
August 20th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
It could be possible you are, but it may also just be wants and hormones. If I was going through this, I would go see the OBGYN and see about an ultrasound. If your breasts are leaking because of pregnancy, I would think you'd be at least 4-5 months along. Take a test, and if it doesn't show anything, you should go to the OB anyway to see about getting a peek at your uterus.
August 20th, 2013, 08:59 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
First, I don't think anyone is ignoring your posts because they think you are crazy. I think many of us regular posters just don't know what else to say because you've been posting the same troublesome symptoms for months.

I know you probably don't want to hear again that you need to see a doctor, a new doctor who will listen to your concerns, but I think that's your only option at this point.

It could be that its amenorrhea - a lack of menstruation accompanied by these other symptoms, one of which you've mentioned a few times. Amenorrhea - MayoClinic.com

Frankly it could be a hundred different things. Clearly this is affecting your life, so be an advocate for yourself and find a new doctor or demand that your current one figures out what is going on.
KellJoO and tickled pink like this.
August 20th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to agree with the other ladies. You need to find a doctor who will work with you to figure out what is causing these symptoms. Honestly, I do not think you're pregnant. Didn't you have a blood test at the doctor not long ago that came back negative? There are many other reasons you could be feeling off. That's one of the tricky things about pregnancy symptoms, the same symptoms can be attributed to several different things. I hope you can find answers soon, so that you can be healthy and prepared when you do get that BFP.
girlsofsummer likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks girls!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search