Going Absolutely crazy! No one to talk to about it! lol

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2013, 12:00 AM
So my husband and I have been ttc for about 3 years now. At the beginning of this year, I got diagnosed with hypothyroidism... so after several months of being on medications for it, we decided to try again. We used the "turkey baster" method with a syringe because I had gained so much weight due to the thyroid issue, that most of his swimmers were getting pushed out. So... this is our first month officially trying. My last period was 8/24/13 and my cycles are about 30-31 days. I have 1 son already (turning 5 in November). I am 25 years old (if that information helps... lol!)

So my symptoms started about a week and a half ago...
SOOOOORE breasts.
Then I had cramping for a few days and was super bloated.
Then I had a pop in my right ovary about a week ago...
the next day I had a brief moment of pink discharge.
Been mildly moody the last few days.

I took a test today and it was negative. I got super discouraged until...
I discovered stretch marks on my boobs!! I didn't have them up until about today and my boobs and like pooping out of my bra.
Then I did more research and I am being told that I tested too early and not to get discouraged. Yesterday I was having uber nauseated and my sense of smell the last week has been boosted to amazing levels.. lol (I have a deviated septum so my sense of smell usually sucks).

Is there any hope that I am pregnant or am I just going absolutely crazy because I am being hopeful and just imagining things? Any advice is welcomed! I dont have anyone to talk to about this at all..
September 22nd, 2013, 12:17 AM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
I think its a strong possibility! When is AF due to come?

September 22nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
The 24th of this month. I am trying not to get too excited buuuuuuuuuttttt all of these symptoms keep coming up.. lol
September 22nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
Try testing again in a couple of days. I still think you may have tested too early. Good luck and keep us posted!

September 23rd, 2013, 03:20 AM
I advice you to wait a week then test again. Really symptoms are looking positive.
September 23rd, 2013, 03:45 AM
missmorganxo's Avatar Regular
First of, I apologize for typing so much, I'm just trying to help.

Hi, there! I am sorry about your health issue. I have pretty severe health issues and severe pain that has to be managed with pain medicine, so I understand how it feels to be unhealthy. My heart goes out to you. My niece has thyroid issues, and it's no walk in the park.

My heart goes out to you on trying to conceive for 3 years, as well. I have been having unprotected sex for over 5 years, and trying to conceive for 2 1/2-3 years with my husband.

We've lost 6 babies in the first trimester and we still don't have a baby and we are desperate to have a baby. It's truly heartbreaking. It seems like the women who really want to have a baby and who would be great moms SOMETIMES have issues getting pregnant, and women who neglect their kids, or don't want them, get pregnant so easily. I don't get it.

I want to address your symptoms, since you listed them. This is what I felt while pregnant,

♡ Sore breasts - My boobs are so sore, within days after sex! They feel so bad, I can't stand touch, I can't stand bra's and can't wear one for longer than an hour or two, I can't stand even the shower water hitting them. The pain is severe, I will cry and use ice on them. I only feel severe breast soreness when pregnant. Pre-period pain is mild and they kind of hurt but I can wear a bra, no issue. Severe soreness is a pregnancy sign.
♡ I have cramping all the time when I'm pregnant, that's VERY normal and the what to expect book says it's a good sign.
♡ I am very petite and small, and I have a huge stomach around a week after I get pregnant. Like, 3-4 months along. People comment on me being pregnant when I'm around 5-6 weeks and congratulate me. I'm not kidding, it's awful.
♡ Ovary twinges, or even sharp quick pain is a symptom I have either when I'm ovulating or pregnant.
♡ Pink discharge is most likely IMPLANTATION BLEEDING, it's the baby implanting in your uterus. Was it 7-10 days after you ovulated? Being pink is very, very common for implantation bleeding.
♡ Moodiness is a 24/7 thing for me while pregnant.

If you went by symptoms alone, you'd most definitely be pregnant.

Keep me posted? Good luck and baby dust. ☺
September 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmorganxo View Post
First of, I apologize for typing so much, I'm just trying to help.

Hi, there! I am sorry about your health issue. I have pretty severe health issues and severe pain that has to be managed with pain medicine, so I understand how it feels to be unhealthy. My heart goes out to you. My niece has thyroid issues, and it's no walk in the park.

My heart goes out to you on trying to conceive for 3 years, as well. I have been having unprotected sex for over 5 years, and trying to conceive for 2 1/2-3 years with my husband.

We've lost 6 babies in the first trimester and we still don't have a baby and we are desperate to have a baby. It's truly heartbreaking. It seems like the women who really want to have a baby and who would be great moms SOMETIMES have issues getting pregnant, and women who neglect their kids, or don't want them, get pregnant so easily. I don't get it.

I want to address your symptoms, since you listed them. This is what I felt while pregnant,

♡ Sore breasts - My boobs are so sore, within days after sex! They feel so bad, I can't stand touch, I can't stand bra's and can't wear one for longer than an hour or two, I can't stand even the shower water hitting them. The pain is severe, I will cry and use ice on them. I only feel severe breast soreness when pregnant. Pre-period pain is mild and they kind of hurt but I can wear a bra, no issue. Severe soreness is a pregnancy sign.
♡ I have cramping all the time when I'm pregnant, that's VERY normal and the what to expect book says it's a good sign.
♡ I am very petite and small, and I have a huge stomach around a week after I get pregnant. Like, 3-4 months along. People comment on me being pregnant when I'm around 5-6 weeks and congratulate me. I'm not kidding, it's awful.
♡ Ovary twinges, or even sharp quick pain is a symptom I have either when I'm ovulating or pregnant.
♡ Pink discharge is most likely IMPLANTATION BLEEDING, it's the baby implanting in your uterus. Was it 7-10 days after you ovulated? Being pink is very, very common for implantation bleeding.
♡ Moodiness is a 24/7 thing for me while pregnant.

If you went by symptoms alone, you'd most definitely be pregnant.

Keep me posted? Good luck and baby dust. ☺

Thank you so much Morgan! Good luck to you as well! I hope everything works out for you and I agree that sometimes the people that want them the most seem to have a hard time conceiving.

thank you everyone for the positive thoughts!
I am due for my period today.. and My boobs have grown a LOT!!!!! I officially have a boob crack! haha! I have also had cramping but not like period cramps.. more like fullness and sharp twingy cramps. I have also been getting a lot of twinges and fluttering... which I know is too early for actual movement but I feel it.

when i was pregnant with my son, i did a test on the 11th when i was due on the 14 and it was negative and then it turned up positive on the 17, so I decided to wait to this friday, the 27, since i was due on the 24th.. so maybe it will turn up on a similar day. I will keep you all posted! Thank you so much for all of the kind words and the positive thoughts!!! my husband and i are sooooooooo excited!
missmorganxo likes this.
September 24th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
So if I'm reading correctly, you had the sore boobies and cramping right before ovulation? Sounds like you got a nice little heads-up there. Nausea is a really good sign! I get it right away when I get pregnant normally, starting around 7 DPO. You said you ovulated, felt the pop in your ovary followed by ovulation spotting, about a week ago which would put you about 7 DPO. Really really early to test. FF shows on average that most women get that positive test 6 days after that. At 13-15 DPO, my BFP tests have all been incredibly faint. Not dark at all like some of the ladies show here, yet I would have major signs for up to a week before I'd get the BFP.

I echo waiting a few days to a week and testing again. Good luck, I hope this is it for you!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
September 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
Any updates? You was supposed to start today if I remember. Just wanted to check in on you.

September 25th, 2013, 04:35 AM
missmorganxo's Avatar Regular
I am also checking for an update! I hope you got your BFP.
I'm 14dpo today and got a negative first response test, so I'm feeling discouraged.
I've read online a lot over the last few hours that someone women don't get positives until they're 16-18dpo and even further along than that!

It says online that normal HCG can be as low as 5 as late as 5 weeks into pregnancy! Both of us would be 4 weeks! Most tests detect levels around 25.

So, if you have really low HCG, it's very possible.
Google 'HCG level chart' and look for yourself if you don't believe me.

Please, keep me posted.
September 25th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Thank you for checking on me! Nope, no period. GAH. I want to test so bad tomorrow but I know I should wait til the 27th. it just sucks waiting! only 2 more days! haha thank you everyone!
September 25th, 2013, 08:51 PM
another quick update.. my nausea has been getting insane! also, when I bend over for any length of time.. it makes me feel very very sick and a little sore.

is cramping normal? I have literally had cramping and fullness for 2 weeks straight. I keep reading that its okay as long as there is no bleeding and stuff. i dont want to lose this baby.. and i have also been reading that it might be twins if it is. oh goodness. I will update you the morning of the 27th! thanks again!
September 26th, 2013, 02:04 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Cramping is very normal, especially early on. I don't think there's anything to indicate it's twins because if that were the case nearly every women in the May DDC would be having them
September 27th, 2013, 09:32 AM
So the test was negative this morning. I am only 3 days late for my period.. is there any hope or should I just give up for this month? I just don't understand why I am having all of these symptoms. Implantation spotting was on the 19th if that helps.
September 27th, 2013, 11:33 AM
#6 otw for us:)
Its not over tip AF shows up!!!:
September 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM
So my hubby seems to think that I am still pregnant, despite what the test says. We used the dollar general test and with my son, I didn't know I was pregnant until I was about 8 weeks pregnant.. so my hubby is hoping there is still a chance. My breasts are visibly bigger and sore.. and now have stretch marks. I have had constant mild cramping since about the 13th... was supposed to ovulate around the 9th. Now, other than not being pregnant, the last possibility is that I ovulated near the 16th.. which is the last time we tried and that I am just further behind then I think.. which would kind of make sense... maybe? I dont know. I am currently out of town.. so we are going to wait till we get back and if I STILL havent started.. I am going to go see my doctor at the free clinic and see if I cant get a blood test.. because I really need to know because I will need an increase in Thyroid medicine. The last 3-5 days I have been peeing every 2 hours and sleeping 10 hours at night with a nap during the day. its the mild cramping and the breast growing that really has me convinced. I just really believe that I am pregnant and its driving me crazy thinking that I am pregnant and having these symptoms and I have these negative tests telling me I am wrong. I have cried just about all day.. I know I shouldn't.. but I was really hoping that this would be it this time. why would I have cramps for close to 2 weeks straight (not constant cramps.. only when my bladder gets full or i bend over too much or I am on my feet too much) but they have been around for the last 2 weeks with fullness and even flutters (which I shouldnt have this early.. but I have noticed it). :'( I cant be THAT crazy...
September 27th, 2013, 01:54 PM
That sounds pretty awesome! When are you testing again? SOon?
September 27th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would wait a few more days and retest if AF does not show up.. Praying for that 2nd pink line

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

September 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
We are going to test later this week! Thanks y'all for your support! <3
September 29th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Looks like AF may have just strolled into town today.

Tags
am i pregnant , possibly pregnant , pregnancy , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search