Don't know where to go next?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CharlaJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Veteran
Hi I am new to this kinda thing but need some advice. My husband and I have been trying for our 2nd. I am always regular give or take a day. As of today I am 8 days late was due to start on oct 4th so last Friday. And no signs or starting yet. I don't really have many symptoms other than lower back cramps (never had that before) and I'm starving al the time I can eat something and I can still feel like I haven't eaten anything. I have taken 2 HPT both were negative. I'm so confused and don't know what to do. With my first daughter my husband knew and I got a positive right away and now it's negative even after 8 days. Could it still be possible I am?
October 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
What probably happened is that you ovulated late which causes AF to come later. There is still a very good chance you are and if you ovulated late then you have tested too early. It's not over till the witch shows! Keep testing! Good luck!
October 12th, 2013, 11:10 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I agree....and sometimes because of that or not, it can take longer for the test to show it as positive. Blood test may show it sooner for you.
October 15th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Veteran
I am 11 days late as of today and still no signs of AF. Did a test 2 days ago (Sunday) and another negative. Still having lower back cramps and off and on stomach cramps but they are very light just noticeable and mostly on one side. I have noticed some breast tenderness. My husband told me ive been more moody lately. Will wait until next week and retest and if still negative will make a drs appt. the waiting is horrible. Just wishing I knew what was up. I'm 24 and never missed a period before.

I take that back I've never missed a period except when I was pregnant with my daughter
October 15th, 2013, 10:51 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Do you remember if you were under stress or sick around the time you were supposed to ovulate? That can cause your ovulation to be delayed. I'm sure you did ovulate later this month or your period would have arrived on time or you would have had a positive test sooner. My guess is you ovulated later than you usually did and that is why you are not getting your period or a positive test. Were you having sex regularly after you thought you had ovulated? That would definitely up your chances of being pregnant right now. I think you may need to make a doctor's appt and get a blood test if you don't get an answer soon. Hopefully you will get a positive test soon though.
October 15th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran
I haven't been sick at all recently and maybe a little stress but nothing major normally if I am extremely stressed I'm still no later than 3 days late. And yes definatly have regular sex.
October 15th, 2013, 08:45 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you called the doctor at all? Are you coming off of bc?

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
October 16th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmys4ever View Post
I haven't been sick at all recently and maybe a little stress but nothing major normally if I am extremely stressed I'm still no later than 3 days late. And yes definatly have regular sex.
You might want to get a blood test done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginNJ View Post
Have you called the doctor at all? Are you coming off of bc?
Yeh, bc can mess with your cycles so if you are just coming off the pill, that could explain things.
October 16th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Veteran
No I haven't called my Dr yet my regular Dr and my obgyn are 45 minutes away. I will call if I get a negative this weekend. I did start having a few more symptoms though..seems like I can smell everything and my stomach gets upset everytime I eat. I am not coming off bc I had mirena and had it removed 5 months ago. The first month after removal I was all over the place. The past 3 months I've been spot on until this month.
pattyandthemoos likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Veteran
Well I got a BFN on a CB digital today so guess I'm making a drs appt first of the week. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks late and with negative test it's got me a little worried about what's wrong with me. And my DH doesn't seem to understand why.
October 17th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
You may just want to take a test with lines and once you get your BFP then test with a digital. The digital test tend to be less sensitive.

GL and I hope you get a BFP soon!

Renee
October 18th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Veteran
I used a cheap $ store line test and it was negative as well
October 18th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear you got another negative HPT.

Maybe you should make a call to your Dr. to find out what is going on especially since your MC was suppose to start on the 4th.

Renee
October 18th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I've never had a lot of luck with the dollar store tests. It could just be the test isn't picking it up. I think making an appt with your doctor is a good idea. Hopefully, you'll get an answer soon but your doctor can order a blood test or help more with finding out what's going on.
October 25th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Veteran
Ok so I have not scheduled an apt yet simply bc I haven't had a ride, my husband as been getting off too late. I will be soon trying to get someone else to take me. However I still have not seen any signs of AF. alert... I did have some light bloody spotting/discharge after sex a couple nights ago.. I put a pad on just incase it was AF but there was nothing on the pad after wearing it all day and nothing since then. It was only a little on the toilet paper when I wiped that night and the next morning. I have not done another test since the last time I posted I did one. I have kind of a nervous feeling all the time in my stomach even when Im not nervous. I am 21 days late today. Hoping for answers soon.
October 25th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
And the mystery continues for you, I'm sorry.

You could possibly ovulated late and the spotting you just experienced could be IB? I would still try and get into your doctor and have them do some b/w. What day are you in your cycle?

Renee
October 25th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Veteran
I'm not sure what day I am on. I've never been good at that stuff. I know I'm every 28 days normally, then missed my period that was supposed to start on Oct 4th.... if I was going to start this. time I would be due to start next Friday.
October 26th, 2013, 06:55 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The "nervous feeling" in your stomach even when your not nervous sounds more like anxiety to me, because when my anxiety is peaking that's how I feel. That alone will mess with your cycles big time.

I sometimes get anxiety for no real reason, even when I don't feel stressed or worried or anything. Sometimes our bodies just naturally react that way to certain "triggers"

I hope you get an answer soon and hopefully its the bfp you are wishing for!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search