So Confused..was it an evap, miscarriage, or hook effect?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Hey ladies. I posted about 18 weeks ago that I was 8 weeks postpartum and was having pregnancy symptoms again. A couple days later I got what looked like a positive test. Well following that test I've only had negatives and I've had my period monthly although abnormal. I dismissed it all as an evap and that was that...so I thought. Last week I was laying in bed taking a breather while DH gave the girls lunch and I swear I felt movement in my low low abdomen...too low to be intestinal I think. I thought I was crazy and shrugged it off. Since then I feel "fetal movement" daily..it feels like something is rubbing or moving..it's not a "kick" or gas bubble type feeling. It feels alive (sounds so crazy). Pregnancy tests are still negative both urine and one blood. Every time it stops I convince myself it's gas and then when I feel it again I get confused all over. It feels like a baby..I've had two you would think id know the feeling. I'm so confused. I've had EXTREME fatigue for the last 3 months, I've been nauseated almost daily and my tummy is bloated. My GP checked my thyroid thinking it was postpartum thyroiditis, but all is normal. I'm just so confused and scared. Is it possible to be pregnant with neg test and "periods"? Could it be twins and the hook effect?

Thanks for any insight!

Jessica
October 13th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Veteran
many people get what they call vampire kicks after pregnancy, nothing is there but they swear they can still feel kicks

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 13th, 2013, 02:22 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Lurking.

Talk to your doctor. Request an ultrasound.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
October 13th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Yea I get those, this is different. It's a rolling or rubbing feeling not a "kick" and it just started happening out of no where and it's consistent in the same place. I think I must be crazy but I'm terrified that I'm going to end up being one of those "I didn't know I was pregnant" women. It's definitely not wishful thinking either because I am definitely not ready for three.
October 13th, 2013, 03:02 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
When did you have a blood test?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

October 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Just last week. I would be 19ish weeks if I was since that positive test. So my "scientific" mind says there no chance, but there have been women who don't test positive sometimes and obviously those who bleed so technically nothing is impossible I guess. I've had so many symptoms lately, tiredness, nausea, migraines, constipation, heartburn, and now this movement. I keep thinking there's no way, that nothing rare or out of the ordinary ever happens to me, I've always been textbook everything (except the unexplained low fluid with my last pregnancy). I know stranger things happen, but I don't see it happening to me. Idk. I might just need to request an ultrasound for piece of mind.

Oh and I have a heart shaped uterus so the doctors said it should have been hard for me to conceive and carry to term but I proved that wrong already.
October 13th, 2013, 10:42 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsuma View Post
many people get what they call vampire kicks after pregnancy, nothing is there but they swear they can still feel kicks
it's Phantom Kicks... like theres nothing there, but something is happening = ghostly lol... Vampire Kicks may be interesting though, only active during the night LOL!

anyways, i'd say phantom kicks as well... it feels just like a baby is in there but it's just nerves... (and your intestines do go all the way down, they do connect to the rectum after all).. i get them all the time and im 11.5months PP now!
October 14th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
the only way to know for sure is with an ultrasound. You should request one. You are probably experiencing phantom kicks, but like you said, stranger things have happened.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
October 14th, 2013, 06:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Agree that it is probably phantom kicks. You might want to make an appointment with your doc, though, to find the cause of all of your symptoms. It sounds like your hormones could be out of whack or something. Good luck, and I hope you find some answers and peace of mind!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search