Am I not producing enough hormones, or is there something else wrong with me?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2013, 06:40 AM
I have been having pregnancy symptoms for about a month or so. I have also missed my period last month and I should be starting in 5 days, but if I don't get it, that will be my 2nd missed period in a row. I have taken many home pregnancy tests and a blood test at my doctors. That same day of the blood test, I was telling my doctor about my symptoms and this odd spotting that I had, and it wasn't my period. She gave me an exam and saw the blood that I had and she said it looks like implantation bleeding because there is a difference between period and implantation bleeding. She told me if my blood test comes back negative and I still feel like I do, to come back in two weeks because I may not be producing enough hormones and she may give me an ultrasound because she said she is pretty sure I am pregnant. I asked her other things that could be wrong, but she denied any other things that could be wrong. I have been very tired, sore breasts, and everyone has been telling me that they have grown a lot, which I am almost a D now, and started around when I missed my period last month, headaches, weak, stomach aches, increase eating, bad cramping and bloating, super sensitive (crying constantly and cranky), missed period (always start on the 20th), my face looks different, like glowing and very pale which is unusual for me, also, I have been getting super hot randomly.

Has anyone else felt like this?
I have heard about a lot of women actually being pregnant, but test always come out negative until they're like a month or so.
My boyfriend and I aren't trying for a baby, I am 19 and he is 21, but if I end up being pregnant, we would be keeping it and our parents already know about this situation. It is just annoying because I am feeling this way and no one can give me an answer but that I am pregnant.

Also forgot to mention, I do know when conception would have taken place because my boyfriend and I had been drinking and had unprotected sex and I am almost positive he went inside. Though we have had unprotected sex before, he always pulled out before, even though I know that doesn't help, but this time I am sure he didn't pull out in time.

I am on birth control, but before this situation, I was on antibiotics for about a month and a half, so I know that pretty much cancels out my pills from what my doctor said, especially since I didn't take them at the same time everyday.
October 15th, 2013, 07:56 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
There's probably nothing wrong with you besides possibly being pregnant. Not taking the pill properly can make your cycles all wacky, give you fake pregnancy symptoms and cause bleeding so that could be the cause right there. At this point if the blood test comes back negative then you're not pregnant. And if you're not pregnant tell that boyfriend of yours to wrap it up every time in the future. Good luck!
MeganLindeman likes this.

Last edited by MosaicWife; October 15th, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
October 15th, 2013, 10:27 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicWife View Post
There's probably nothing wrong with you besides possibly being pregnant. Not taking the pill properly can make your cycles all wacky, give you fake pregnancy symptoms and cause bleeding so that could be the cause right there. At this point if the blood test comes back negative then you're not pregnant. And if you're not pregnant tell that boyfriend of yours to wrap it up every time in the future. Good luck!
I agree birth control could really mess up your cycles. It sounds like if you are pregnant, you are probably not two months pregnant. You probably ovulated a little later than usual and that could be why your test isn't positive. I've seen enough women get pregnant on the pill so that could very well be what's going on. I think you'll probably need to follow up with your doctor to know for sure what's up. I hope you can figure out what's going on soon.
MeganLindeman likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I started having these symptoms around a month ago, shouldn't I be able to test positive though? My doctor said that I may just be one of those girls that don't produce hormones until later on in the pregnancy. It's just really stressful because I am having all these symptoms, but my doctor only gave me that answer and denied everything else and I am still having the symptoms even though I have tested negative. So even though I had these symptoms a month ago, and you say my ovulation could be off, I could still not be able to test positive? I am confused...sorry!
October 15th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganLindeman View Post
I started having these symptoms around a month ago, shouldn't I be able to test positive though? My doctor said that I may just be one of those girls that don't produce hormones until later on in the pregnancy. It's just really stressful because I am having all these symptoms, but my doctor only gave me that answer and denied everything else and I am still having the symptoms even though I have tested negative. So even though I had these symptoms a month ago, and you say my ovulation could be off, I could still not be able to test positive? I am confused...sorry!
It could be either scenario. You could have ovulated late and that may be why your tests are not positive or you could be one of those women that just don't test positive right away. I've seen both situations happen so that's why I think you should follow up with your doctor. If it were me I would be a pest because I hate waiting.
madis-mama17 likes this.

October 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Thank you! It's just scary because I am young and I don't know anything about pregnancy stuff other than what people have told me and my doctor. I called and I have an appointment this Thursday.
October 15th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganLindeman View Post
Thank you! It's just scary because I am young and I don't know anything about pregnancy stuff other than what people have told me and my doctor. I called and I have an appointment this Thursday.
I'm glad you called. I hope she can give you a better answer at your next appointment. Keep us posted!

October 15th, 2013, 09:28 PM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
I find it sketchy that your doctor immediately jumped to you being pregnant, and not looking at any other possibility. I would think it's just as likely the birth control/antibiotics screwed up your cycle. If you were as far pregnant as you think you are, a blood test would almost definitely be positive.

Good luck at the doctors. I hope they can give you some better answers next time.

October 16th, 2013, 07:25 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Echoing what PPs have said, missing or messing up your BC pills can definitely wreak havoc with your system. Especially if that mishap is because of antibiotics (that's a long time to be taking antibiotics by the way, why were you prescribed for that long and for what? It may shed some light).

I'd say it's more likely you are having those symptoms because of that rather than being pregnant. Antibiotics can also cause all kinds of stomach issues, mess with your skin and again, wreak havoc, especially if you were taking them for that long.

In the future you for sure need back-up birth control when you are taking antibiotics!
pattyandthemoos likes this.
October 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM
If your doc suspected you were pregnant, she should have ordered blood draws to heck levels of hormones.
October 17th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie87 View Post
If your doc suspected you were pregnant, she should have ordered blood draws to heck levels of hormones.
I would have thought so too but I've seen other doctors that are like this and just say come back in a couple weeks. I am not sure why they don't just order a blood test. What's the harm in that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search