How much money do you spend on buying tests a month?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By pattyandthemoos
  • 1 Post By LFbear
  • 1 Post By kto1111

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 10:04 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am not ttc now but when I was I spent a lot of money on tests. Each month I would probably spend $20-40 on tests.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Sounds about right. They're **** expensive & not even that accurate at times, it's ridiculous! I always try to get them on sale..or get the Walgreens brand name
October 17th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Yes they are. I ordered them off eBay a lot. I remember having like 50 or a 100 tests at one time (not all name brand). LOL. I was nuts with my hoarding of them.

October 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought 6 FRERs last month. Then when the witch came, I bought the big pack of Wondfo OPK and HPT tests for this month. The hard part is that you can have a million cheapies but they're not very good for testing early. So I'll probably still end up buying more FRERs. Or maybe just use the ICs to get my POAS 'fix' knowing I'm less likely to get a positive early on?

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
October 17th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kto1111 View Post
I bought 6 FRERs last month. Then when the witch came, I bought the big pack of Wondfo OPK and HPT tests for this month. The hard part is that you can have a million cheapies but they're not very good for testing early. So I'll probably still end up buying more FRERs. Or maybe just use the ICs to get my POAS 'fix' knowing I'm less likely to get a positive early on?
That is exactly how I was. I didn't like the internet cheapies because they just sucked for me. I got a bfp on them I think 4 days after getting a bfp on several name brands. I just would buy them for my fix. I had to pee on things. LOL.
kto1111 and LFbear like this.

October 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
That is exactly how I was. I didn't like the internet cheapies because they just sucked for me. I got a bfp on them I think 4 days after getting a bfp on several name brands. I just would buy them for my fix. I had to pee on things. LOL.
HAHA! It is super addicting, right?! They just did a study about Oreos being like a drug.. someone needs to do a study about how addicting pregnancy tests are!!
pattyandthemoos likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Regular
I spent a total of $4.00 on pregnancy tests, if that. I bought 2 from the dollar store, negative because it was 2 weeks away from my period when I tested, but knew I was pregnant, and then 2 $.88 cent ones from Wal-Mart, both positive 3 days before missed period...

Personally, I don't get women who spend $$ on ovulation tests and loads more on pregnancy tests. I was using cycle beads when I conceived, and conceived in the first month of NTNP, that WITH a guy who has trouble with his swimmers in the past.

Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I think the more stress we put on our bodies, charting and dipping and temping all in a months time TTC and trying to pick that PERFECT date to DTD, migt be having more adverse affects than positive...

Just my opinion though.
October 17th, 2013, 03:33 PM
1) You WERE lucky.

2) Most woman don't go to great measures until they've tried unsuccessfully to get pregnant 'casually'. Or they have a known medical condition that makes it more difficult. Or they have irregular cycles. Or they have significant others with different schedules than them. Or they have other things in their life causing the stress. It's not fair to presume everyone is the same and should get pregnant easily if they just relaxed about it all. It's easy for people to think that when they haven't experienced infertility, but realize how hurtful those remarks can be to people who've been TTC for a very long time.
JewJewB likes this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
October 17th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I've been TTC for 8 cycles and in this time I've probably spent over $300 on different test.

[/URL]Renee
October 17th, 2013, 05:35 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to limit it...bought OPKs and HPTs super cheap on ebay, so I take one whenever the mood strikes - often...usually, I'll take one "good" OPK to confirm, and one good HPT to verify...
October 18th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Regular
I wasn't trying to be insensitive, and sorry if I offended anyone, I just don't get the whole spending a ton of money on pregnancy tests just to literally piss away the money.
October 18th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervix Cramps Suck View Post
I wasn't trying to be insensitive, and sorry if I offended anyone, I just don't get the whole spending a ton of money on pregnancy tests just to literally piss away the money.
You didn't offend me at all. I know I'm nuts when it comes to my testing. I just enjoy it and it's my money so if I want to waste it to make myself feel better I don't care. I've had two tubal pregnancies so I always want to know right away if I am pregnant. I'm a little paranoid. Now that I'm not ttc I just waste my money on other things. LOL.

October 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Forget Me Not's Avatar Four Boys and a girl!
I buy mine on ebay too! I buy them 20 at a time for under 5 bucks. And usually once or twice a month. I dont take them all though. But i love having extra ones on hand to take whenever i want!

At home working mama to four little boys. Expecting our first little MISS in Late July to Early August.

October 18th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervix Cramps Suck View Post
I agree that taking HPTs obsessively is a waste of money and yet I continue to do it.

But testing and tracking for ovulation is a whole different ballgame. Some would give (and pay) anything to ensure their chances of conception are high.

No offence taken here though.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
October 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I used to spend $15-$30 on tests, but found that Dollar Tree tests work just as great, so a couple dollars now. And I only buy 2 tests now, because I'll save the other one for the day AF is due....keeps me from POAS obsessively.
October 20th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i stock up on cheapies, so fortunately its not too pricey. We are TTC right now so i spent nothing this month, but the last time i bought tests, i bought 100 cheapies for like 20 something dollars. I only buy the good tests after i see a line on a cheapie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search