New here..Could really use some opinions

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Hi all. I don't know where else to turn to for advice so I hope someone can help a little.

26 years old. Stopped BC pills July 10 after 6 years of continued use. First period off bc pill was August 17 (around 37 days), Second period off pill September 16 (30 days). I am actively TTC and thought my period was coming on October 14 (at 28 days) since I had been having bad cramps the night before, took a pg test and it was negative. It's now 31 days and still no period. I'm still having slight cramping, and a little nausea here and there but nothing significant. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm dying to know and want to test again, but I was so disappointed with the first neg test.. What to do?!
October 17th, 2013, 10:12 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
How long were your cycles before you went on bc and were you regular before you went on the pill?

I get a little nausea when I have pms so it's hard to say if that is a pregnancy symptom or PMS. When I was pregnant I threw up the night before I tested positive so if you feel really nauseous that could be a good sign. With the last couple cycles being 30 days or longer, you might be ovulating late in your cycle and that may be why you are not testing positive yet. If it's been a few days you could try testing again. It might show up now. A few days can make a big difference because hCG levels double every couple days in early pregnancy.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 17th, 2013, 10:19 AM
My cycles were very long and irregular if i remember correctly. Sometimes it'd be high 30's to high 40's days in between periods, so I was surprised that after stopping bc pills that I had a 30 day cycle. The cramping that I've been having for the past 4 days feel different than AF cramps. It feels tighter and they seem to be more consistent and annoying, if that makes sense. I just don't want to get mine, or my husbands, hopes up! Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!
October 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Did you notice any symptoms this cycle that could be from ovulation like ewcm or pain on one side? That might help you sort out when you ovulated and when to expect AF or a bfp.

October 17th, 2013, 10:31 AM
I did the ovulation predictor and did the baby dance on the 5 days +/- a day or two just to be on the safe side. I did notice some ewcm during one of the days.
I just want to know one way or another because these cramps are a pain, literally!
October 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
So do you remember what day you had ewcm? I usually ovulated a day or 2 after getting a positive. When did you get the positive ovulation test? Or did you mean you were using an ovulation calculator? If you had a positive ovulation test I would think you would know something around by 11 or 12 days after having a positive ovulation test, possibly 9 or 10 days.

October 17th, 2013, 10:42 AM
October 3rd was the ewcm. I used the ovulation calculator. Are the ovulation tests really helpful? Just don't want to waste money on something thats not worth it.
October 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I thought they were really helpful. I also charted. I almost always ovulated a day or 2 after getting a positive ovulation test. When you see ewcm that is supposed to be when you are the most fertile. For me the ewcm didn't usually line up with my ovulation date, for a lot of girls it does. But, I usually was drier on the actual day I ovulated and tended to see the ewcm a couple days before I ovulated. The day you have fertile cm is the best time to get pregnant so if you bd on that day I would think this would be a good sign. I would speculate that you ovulated either on the day of the ewcm or a couple days after, but without using an ovulation test or a chart it's hard to say for sure. I would think you would be able to get a bfp if you in fact ovulated around that date, but since you have had irregular cycles in the past it's possible you geared up to ovulate and din't or something like that. It's kind of up to you and how anxious you are. I usually would take a test every day once I got close to AF but I am a bit crazy with tests. I might give yourself a few more days just because your cycles were longer and more irregular, if you can handle it. Maybe you could get a dollar store test. I have seen a lot of girls get early bfps with them.

Tags
still hope? , tired of waiting , ttc , want to know now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search