AF late Negative Test... normal??

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Veteran
I'm new to the boards, but you ladies seem so insightful and nice... Here's my background and issue. My cycle is 30 days... always has been. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for four months now.
My period was due last Thursday, and I took a pregnancy test Sunday FMU and got a negative result. I still haven't gotten my period yet... I've got lower back pain, bloating, fatigue, and weird food aversions. Is it possible to be pregnant even though the test was negative?

I'm starting to drive myself crazy... ANY insight would be super appreciated!

Thank you!
October 21st, 2013, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
What kind of test did you use? You could of ovulated later in your cycle and that could cause AF to be delayed or you're just don't have enough HCG built up.

Test every couple days and if you're still gettin negatives go get blood work done.

GL and I hope you get your BFP soon.

[/URL]Renee
October 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM
Veteran
Thanks for the reply! It was a clearblue digital test. I'll try testing again on Thursday, but I also left a message for my OB/GYN to see what she thinks and wants me to do. Hopefully I'll hear back soon, like everyone trying to conceive it's driving me crazy!

Thanks for the positive wishes!
October 21st, 2013, 05:38 PM
Forget Me Not's Avatar Four Boys and a girl!
Yes its possible. If you are late. Ive had a couple friends who havent been able to test pos with a pregnancy test and always need a blood test.

At home working mama to four little boys. Expecting our first little MISS in Late July to Early August.

October 22nd, 2013, 11:54 PM
Veteran
Just wanted to update. My doctor is having me come in tomorrow to do a blood test.... I'm terrified, lol. I guess that's normal when you really want something!
October 23rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
wifey2josh's Avatar Veteran
I needed a blood test with my DD who is now 6...I was 2 days late for AF, never tested positive with pee sticks...GOOD LUCK!!!
October 23rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
YellieBean's Avatar Veteran
I'm so glad that your doctor's office is accomodating you and having you come in rather than worry. Some people have to be really late before they get a positive. Have you tried using a FRER test? Those are usually a little more sesnsitive some say. FX'd! Keep us posted!
October 23rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Any update yet!?!
October 23rd, 2013, 03:50 PM
Veteran
Well... the blood test came back negative. Still no period either... now 6 days late. My doctor wants me to wait till the weekend if she doesn't show then she'll look at other possible causes since this is very abnormal for me.
Obviously I'm disappointed, but keeping my chin up!

Thanks for all the best wishes
October 23rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
sorry hun!!
October 23rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Veteran
Thank you. I gotta say it's really comforting to be able to vent and get support from other ladies who have been and are going through the same things I am.
October 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Veteran
So I wanted to update and see if any of you ladies have any input on my current situation.

After my blood test came back negative, my doc told me that if I still hadn't gotten AF by the weekend to call and set up another appointment... well I'm officially 10 days late with no sign of AF.

I have never missed a period before except during a time when I had a large cyst that was surgically removed over 7 years ago. None of my family or friends have any clue as to whats going on, and most of them think that something is up.... do any of you have any opinions or have you experienced this scenario?

Any input would of course be really appreciated

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search