Ttc need your opinion, please respond!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momma_d

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
okay so here's the deal, bear with me please!

I stopped taking my birth control about 5 days after I started the pack (Oct 6-11) and I got withdrawal bleeding from Oct 17-20. I'm TTC and have had unprotected sex nearly every other day, if not everyday this cycle and I used an OPK on Oct 22 and 23 with negative results. I know it is pretty early to test for O (always had regular 28 day cycles) but I was wondering when you think I should ovulate and if I can't pinpoint ovulation, do you think having sex every other day should work regardless?

My boyfriend and I are both 21 year olds with no known fertility issues, and I've never been pregnant before. only been on birth control for about 2-3 months prior to stopping

Also, I had my period Oct 1-5 and then started the pill on the 6th so if I hadn't taken those BC I should've ovulated around the 14th but I've heard that I should count my first day of withdrawal bleeding as CD 1. Any success stories of getting pregnant 2-3 weeks after stopping birth control? any advice/stories would be helpful and appreciated! Thank you!
October 23rd, 2013, 04:16 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When you are on the BCP it tricks your body into thinking you are pregnant, therefore you don't (or aren't supposed to) ovulate. So when you "should have" ovulated when you were taking the pill goes out the window.

I personally would count the first day of breakthrough bleeding as CD1 and assume that you will probably ovulate *around* CD14 (as naturally, that can fluctuate). Some women bounce right back on track as soon as they go off of the pill, and others take some time to get back to normal.

DTD every other day will definitely cover your bases.

Good luck!
lafayette21 likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Tags
conception , ovulation , pregnancym fertility , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search