possibly preg., definitely scared :{

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2013, 07:17 PM
hello all --

thank you in advance for your input. but this is a judgement free zone, very sensitive at the moment, so please no negativity.

i wanted to join this forum for any possible insight.
i just turned 26 this week, and i'm scared. i've been severely depressed as of late, with a loss of a job, family issues, love life drama, lack of money and not being able to finish college, and to be 100% honest, i've been trying to numb all pains with drugs. as wrong as it is, as smart as i am to know this, i cannot help it. just been so depressed and just seeing life as so meaningless...

basically about one month ago, i began messing around w/ a man and we're not in love, we're not even in a relationship, i suppose it is on a "friends with benefits" type ordeal which i hate, but i guess i cannot help an attraction... he's really not the man of my dreams and he already has a 19 year old daughter, i have no children, and i've never been pregnant before.

unfortunately, my iphone broke so i lost this app i was using to keep track of my period and stuff, and i remember about 2-3 days after my period finished (really wish i remembered the date!) him and i had sex, and several times since then, and all times he had ejaculated inside of me. during my fertile + ovulation week, i believe he did as well. i have a healthy period, cramps only on day 1 which i relieve with two midols, i am never late, and my cycle is typically 29-30 days, last 7 days or so.

again, i've never been pregnant before, and i don't know if i might be, and i hate that i must wait until my missed period which should be coming around nov. 2-4 .. but here are my concerns:

- being unemployed, i can wake up whenever i want [i still wake up @ 6am everyday as a habit] and nap whenever i want, when i was working and usually hanging out w/ friends after work, it was understandable to be tired, but how come past 2 weeks i've been super duper tired? all i want to do is nap! there were 2-3 embarassing times where while with friends, i nodded off!

- i know unfortunately that pregnancy and period symptoms are so similar, and i usually get a few pimples and although i did this time, i usually have a craving for chocolate when period is approaching, but this time, i didn't. i just had some chocolate that was given to me on my birthday.

- i keep getting crazy sharp pains all throughout my lower abdominal area along sides of my stomach, in the middle, and on the sides.

- my face is looking a little different, have been crying a lot more than usual and stressed, mayve it's taking its toll..

- for experienced mothers, what would you say were symptoms of when you were lets say in the first 2 weeks of your pregnancy??

- i've been waking up with really really bad and uncomfortable feelings of nausea. no actual vomit, but lots of nausea where it made me tear up the other day because it was so uncomfortable.

- i have these crazy cravings! never liked seafood before, all of a sudden i want it all the time, i want this indian dish my mom makes all the time now, i keep getting so hungry! i can eat and then just two hours or so later, i want food again, and lots of it!

i know there's really no way of knowing, till i know, and no reason to fear anything till i know. regardless of how wrong our living situation is, i wouldn't be able to bare knowing i had an abortion. i do want to have a baby, i thought i'd be married, with a degree and career, never like this.. but i'd consider it a blessing. having never been pregnant, i am not sure what to make of such signs.

please help :{
October 28th, 2013, 05:58 AM
We'll let me first say that I am so sorry this is all happening to you. I don't have any children yet but I have dealt with depression in myself and in some family members. A few of your symptoms can be caused by depression. Actually most of your symptoms... The sleepiness, crying, nausea, and hunger. I know I probably haven't helped much.

You will just have to wait to test. Or if you've waited long enough you could have a blood test done to be sure.
Hope you find your answer soon.
October 28th, 2013, 06:12 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I think it's hard to say at this point your symptoms could be pregnancy related or could be related to your period coming or stress and depression. With both of my pregnancies, I had no symptoms at all the first few weeks, they didn't start until week 6. I know some women start feeling them pretty early though. There is certainly a possibility of pregnancy for you but you won't know till you test. First response tests can pick up pregnancy 5 days before a missed period (it won't always show positive that early, it takes some women longer). Good luck and please keep us updated.
October 28th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, but remember there's always help out there via the state and other institutions! I've been depressed so I know it's hard a lot of the time, but just remember that if you are pregnant it could be a great thing!

I wish you the best!
January 9th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Veteran
I hope you're doing alright.
January 9th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you're doing okay and there has been answers lifted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search