Ladies! I need some help, this is a roughy.

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Okay, so I'm going to get a tad up close and personal with some of this because I am so confused! My boyfriend and I are debating on if we/I should go to the Dr, but want to make sure first that it's not just nothing. First off we aren't trying, I'm on birth control and we do use condoms about 90% of the time. But with that said we have both agreed that we will take whatever comes our way and get through as we can and will be ready if needed.

So last week I was suppose to get my period, I was a day late, but what I got wasn't a period exactly. It was brown, slimy and down right gross. It wasn't like a miscarriage though (we had one earlier this summer after a motorcycle accident, so I know kind of what that is like). It stayed for about 3- 3 1/2 days, it wasn't heavy by any means nor was the heaviness/lightness like what my regular periods are like. It went away just like that, no "Oh hey I'm going to be stopping soon" warning with a slow down of the blood, or what should have been blood. Now this is where it starts to get weird and why we are so confused. I started spotting on Tuesday, not enough to need a pantiliner but just enough to see when I'd wipe. It looks like watered down blood and nothing like my "period" so I think it's safe to say that it's not leftover from it.

I took a pregnancy test on the last day of my "period," it was negative, but now that I'm spotting I'm not exactly sure what to do. I took another one last night, but it didn't read correctly.

Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do (besides go to the Dr.)? We're both so confused and would like some information if you have some.

Thanks so much!
October 31st, 2013, 03:05 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't had exactly this happen to me, but I've spotted with four of my six pregnancies, and it's like that often -- thin, brownish blood and just a little. However, there's really no way to know if it's pregnancy or just an odd period just with that. I would get another test and try tomorrow morning with first morning urine, which will give you the best shot at a positive if you're pregnant. Let us know how it turns out!
November 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah definitely test again. I had spotting with my pregnancy to. If it's something that's still bothering you, you can always go into your Dr. and they can run a pregnancy test for you.

Good luck!!

My Ovulation Chart

November 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
It's hard to say what the spotting could be from. How long had your period stopped when you noticed the spotting on Tuesday? The slimy cm could have been ovulation spotting mixed with egg-white mucus. It could be breakthrough bleeding/spotting from being on the pill. It's just hard to say. If you think you could be pregnant, I'd just buy a test.

November 6th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
It's hard to say what the spotting could be from. How long had your period stopped when you noticed the spotting on Tuesday? The slimy cm could have been ovulation spotting mixed with egg-white mucus. It could be breakthrough bleeding/spotting from being on the pill. It's just hard to say. If you think you could be pregnant, I'd just buy a test.
I agree! Good luck!

Tags
period , pregnancy , spotting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search