Too Early To Test??

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2013, 03:01 PM
This is my first time posting anything on a TTC conceive website, so please bare with me as I rattle off my "stats" and tell my story! I had my Mirena IUD removed in July 2013, and have not used any BC since, although have only been actively TTC over this current cycle. I have been tracking my cycles carefully since July, and realized I have shorter than average cycles. July - 26 Days, August - 27 Days, Sept - I technically had two cycles; both 23 days, Oct - 24, so I average 24 day cycles. I have been O'ing between Day 12-16. This cycle I had a positive OPK on Day 15, and I believe I O'd on Day 16. We BD'd on Day 14-17. In addition to OPK's, I have also been monitoring my CM closely, so I believe I definitely O'd within the time frame we BD'd. Today is Day 24 of my cycle, so AF is tentatively scheduled to arrive tomorrow. For the last three days I have had overwhelming nausea, a weird mixture of diarrhea/constipation, gassy, VERY tired, sore boobs, inability to sleep, waking up VERY early to pee (which is not normal,) I have also noticed a bit of CM yesterday and today which is not normal for me either as I never have CM before AF. Now the bad, I had BFN's starting on Day 22 going through today, Day 24. If AF is due tomorrow, should I be getting a BFP by this point? Or is it different because I have shorter cycles? I am only 7 or 8 DPO which seems super early to me. Am I stressing unnecessarily this early? I have just been so anxious to start testing...UGH...the waiting is killing me!! What do you ladies think??
December 4th, 2013, 03:34 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
If you are only 7 or 8dpo, that is really early to test...I wouldn't stress until at least 12dpo about a BFN.

More concerning is your very short luteal phase (length between O and the start of a new cycle). If yours is only 8-9 days, that can be problematic...an embryo needs more time than that to implant! You may want to look into natural ways to extend that, like taking vitamin B6.

Can I ask you age? Any other health factors that are a consideration in TTC?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I am 29. In 2005 I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks, and in 2010 I had a 9 week ectopic pregnancy that ended in tubal ligation. The tube they removed was also malformed (much wider/thicker than it should have been. I also have a bicornuate, and mild septate uterus. So, I unfortunately have a lot of things working against me.
December 4th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Regular
Is there a reason as to why they didn't correct the septated uterus when they removed your tube? My friend just found out she had that two months ago and her doctor told her it carries about a 90% risk of miscarriage. (She had had two already). So they did surgery to correct it. I would 7 or 8 dpo is definitely early to test. I'd wait until at least 10 days and test again. Fingers crossed for a BFP and a sticky bean for you!
December 5th, 2013, 07:07 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
If you are only 7 or 8dpo, that is really early to test...I wouldn't stress until at least 12dpo about a BFN.

More concerning is your very short luteal phase (length between O and the start of a new cycle). If yours is only 8-9 days, that can be problematic...an embryo needs more time than that to implant! You may want to look into natural ways to extend that, like taking vitamin B6.

Can I ask you age? Any other health factors that are a consideration in TTC?
I don't think her luteal phase sounds too short, if she's ovulating on cd12. My cycles are just like hers. They are usually 26 days but sometimes only 23 or 24 and once in a while as long as 30 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslandes2011 View Post
This is my first time posting anything on a TTC conceive website, so please bare with me as I rattle off my "stats" and tell my story! I had my Mirena IUD removed in July 2013, and have not used any BC since, although have only been actively TTC over this current cycle. I have been tracking my cycles carefully since July, and realized I have shorter than average cycles. July - 26 Days, August - 27 Days, Sept - I technically had two cycles; both 23 days, Oct - 24, so I average 24 day cycles. I have been O'ing between Day 12-16. This cycle I had a positive OPK on Day 15, and I believe I O'd on Day 16. We BD'd on Day 14-17. In addition to OPK's, I have also been monitoring my CM closely, so I believe I definitely O'd within the time frame we BD'd. Today is Day 24 of my cycle, so AF is tentatively scheduled to arrive tomorrow. For the last three days I have had overwhelming nausea, a weird mixture of diarrhea/constipation, gassy, VERY tired, sore boobs, inability to sleep, waking up VERY early to pee (which is not normal,) I have also noticed a bit of CM yesterday and today which is not normal for me either as I never have CM before AF. Now the bad, I had BFN's starting on Day 22 going through today, Day 24. If AF is due tomorrow, should I be getting a BFP by this point? Or is it different because I have shorter cycles? I am only 7 or 8 DPO which seems super early to me. Am I stressing unnecessarily this early? I have just been so anxious to start testing...UGH...the waiting is killing me!! What do you ladies think??
My thoughts. I think you ovulated later this cycle than you normaly do. If you o'd when you think and it sounds like you did based on your opks then it's still really early for a bfp. I would wait till you are 10 dpo to test. I have never had a bfp earlier than that. There are girls that get bfps at 8dpo but I think most get a bfp at 9 or 10 dpo.

I've had two miscarriages and two tubal pregnancies. I don't have the other issues that you have but I would be quicker to get into see a doctor if you try for a while and don't get pregnant. When I lost my tube the docs kept acting like it wouldn't affect my fertility but it took us 3 years to conceive my son. I took clomid for a while and I think that can help because it makes you ovulate from both sides, upping your odds of catching the egg.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 5th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
I don't think her luteal phase sounds too short, if she's ovulating on cd12. My cycles are just like hers. They are usually 26 days but sometimes only 23 or 24 and once in a while as long as 30 days.

My thoughts. I think you ovulated later this cycle than you normaly do. If you o'd when you think and it sounds like you did based on your opks then it's still really early for a bfp. I would wait till you are 10 dpo to test. I have never had a bfp earlier than that. There are girls that get bfps at 8dpo but I think most get a bfp at 9 or 10 dpo.

I've had two miscarriages and two tubal pregnancies. I don't have the other issues that you have but I would be quicker to get into see a doctor if you try for a while and don't get pregnant. When I lost my tube the docs kept acting like it wouldn't affect my fertility but it took us 3 years to conceive my son. I took clomid for a while and I think that can help because it makes you ovulate from both sides, upping your odds of catching the egg.
I agree with Patty. I have never tested before 10 DPO, but mostly because I hate BFNs so much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search