Opinions Please

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2013, 09:18 AM
As of today, I am seven days late. I have taken 3 HPT and 1 urine test at a doc-in-a-box, all of which were negative, but I haven't taken one since I was three days late. I have showed no signs of starting, but these are the symptoms I have had:

nausea
increased hunger
increased urination
light cramping
lower back pain
emotional
headaches
fullness/bloating/gas pains
low grade fever (99.2)
increased cervical mucus/discharge

Is there a chance that I could still be pregnant, even with the negative tests? Did I test too soon? We are not trying and at first I was upset at the possibility, but now I think I will be devastated if I am not pregnant.

Last edited by aivilo1; December 5th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
December 6th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I would take another test now. It's possible that you ovulated later than you think or could be having a weird cycle. If the test is negative and AF still doesn't show, I would probably consider a doctor's appointment. Good luck!
December 7th, 2013, 10:38 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Have you retested? Some of the signs and symptoms you have are promising, but could go either way.
December 7th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiraX4 View Post
Have you retested? Some of the signs and symptoms you have are promising, but could go either way.
I have taken two more tests since I posted this, both negative. I am still not ruling out the possibility but I'm trying not to think about it. I have an appointment with my OBGYN on Wednesday morning so I am hoping he will be able to tell me something from the exam and a blood test.

We are not even trying but I am rooting for this little maybe-baby. Already have the names picked out and everything!
December 7th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! Keep us updated after your appointment, and good luck!!

December 11th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Hi all,

The doctor confirmed that I am not pregnant after a urine test and a thorough pelvic exam - said cervix/uterus/ovaries did not have any of the signs of pregnancy. He posits that my hormone levels are out of whack and prescribed me seven days of provera, which he said contains the hormone that lets the body know that it's not pregnant and we need to move on. He said my hormone levels being out of balance like that could definitely cause "pregnancy" symptoms so I wasn't creating them or experiencing psychological symptoms, which made me feel better. No baby, which is sad, but nothing wrong either, which is great! Thanks everyone.
December 12th, 2013, 09:15 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by aivilo1 View Post
Hi all,

The doctor confirmed that I am not pregnant after a urine test and a thorough pelvic exam - said cervix/uterus/ovaries did not have any of the signs of pregnancy. He posits that my hormone levels are out of whack and prescribed me seven days of provera, which he said contains the hormone that lets the body know that it's not pregnant and we need to move on. He said my hormone levels being out of balance like that could definitely cause "pregnancy" symptoms so I wasn't creating them or experiencing psychological symptoms, which made me feel better. No baby, which is sad, but nothing wrong either, which is great! Thanks everyone.
Yeh having your hormones out of wack can definitely cause pregnancy sypmtoms. DId he do a blood test to check your hormone levels? I'm just curious what made him say that. It seems a bit quick to prescribe provera. I know they give that to ladies to help them start their periods if they haven't had one for a while but it didn't seem like you were that late to me. I'm not sure though because I don't know what the protocol is for prescribing provera. I've seen girls have really long cycles before presribing provera.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 12th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
Yeh having your hormones out of wack can definitely cause pregnancy sypmtoms. DId he do a blood test to check your hormone levels? I'm just curious what made him say that. It seems a bit quick to prescribe provera. I know they give that to ladies to help them start their periods if they haven't had one for a while but it didn't seem like you were that late to me. I'm not sure though because I don't know what the protocol is for prescribing provera. I've seen girls have really long cycles before presribing provera.
He did not take any blood, but I had a spell about six or seven years ago when I went through something similar. I did not want to get back on birth control pills unless it was absolutely necessary so I suppose he saw this as an alternative. I'm not really sure of the protocol either, but he has been a good doctor thus far and I trust his judgment.
December 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
He did not take any blood, but I had a spell about six or seven years ago when I went through something similar. I did not want to get back on birth control pills unless it was absolutely necessary so I suppose he saw this as an alternative. I'm not really sure of the protocol either, but he has been a good doctor thus far and I trust his judgment.
That makes sense. And I'm glad he didn't make you wait it out. I'm not sure how long the provera takes but I think you'll get your AF soon.

December 12th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
That makes sense. And I'm glad he didn't make you wait it out. I'm not sure how long the provera takes but I think you'll get your AF soon.
I was given seven days' supply, and a friend of mine who had a rough time TTC and went through a bunch of fertility stuff before she had her daughter, said that I should start about three days after my last dose, thankfully. It is not pleasant to take, I'll say that much - worst cramping of my life. Thankfully I took it before bedtime last night so I slept through the worst of it.
December 12th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
I was given seven days' supply, and a friend of mine who had a rough time TTC and went through a bunch of fertility stuff before she had her daughter, said that I should start about three days after my last dose, thankfully. It is not pleasant to take, I'll say that much - worst cramping of my life. Thankfully I took it before bedtime last night so I slept through the worst of it.
I haven't taken provera before but I have taken prometrium which is similar (they're both progesterone). It always made me have migraines. I'm not sure about the cramping because I usually get alot of cramping when I'm pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search